Jump to content
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

    Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

    Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

    Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

    Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Makan + Slow Cruising around SG


pinksheep

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, pinksheep said:

I have some other secret routes such as doing convoy thru Turf Club area (totally no lighting), various industrial zones near CCK and Kranji useful to "charge battery". 

 

Are those the Turf Club area @ bukit timah? Where you will pass by the horse stables?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, DD978 said:

Are those the Turf Club area @ bukit timah? Where you will pass by the horse stables?

I believe so... and the famous Tim sum building.. hahaha..

Kindly read thru at least the intro section first before decide to post any comments.... thanks... :cool:

 

Please proceed to this website/web link if you guys have any technical issues on Kawasaki Kips/KR150, I'll update the 1st POST as and when there's a new question. Newbies questions on the top as well. :)

 

 

 

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6285055#post6285055

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Got explore before Pasir Panjang port area and go inside abandoned warehouse? Lots of parking space, can pretend to be CEO rolling in with your gang 🤣

(going inside is not recommended later kena eaten by zombie but outside is public area and no security) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, pinksheep said:

Got explore before Pasir Panjang port area and go inside abandoned warehouse? Lots of parking space, can pretend to be CEO rolling in with your gang 🤣

(going inside is not recommended later kena eaten by zombie but outside is public area and no security) 

That's something new, where is the entry gate? I guess this would have to go through ERP toll Gate too?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

No need, it's outside restricted area. Just follow heavy vehicle roads that are completely empty at night. These roads are not cui one like Tuas area. It's safe even for scooters. Some of these locations are hidden in plain sight, it's possible to have nice picnic there if bring a gang of motorcycles.

Way better than going to the usual over populated places people have been gathering for decades. 

 

There are some special sites around Tuas and other industrial zones too, can spend early mornings or nights to explore them, roads leading to nowhere, enormous container truck multi story park, shipyard gate left open, etc. These are nice small roads not the bumpy over used main roads. Many built over the past 10 years so it's worth forgetting the old routes and make new ones. Even Bartley viaduct over Kaki Bukit can be site for a cruising adventure. 

 

 Very Hong Kong movie 1980s feel if one of us have an action camera to do a quick chase scene. 

Edited by pinksheep
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/13/2022 at 3:22 PM, pinksheep said:

Here, already went LP1 last year several times to break in engine at night. A rider asked me to take photo of his bike. Then a kaki brought me to find the elusive Tuas carpark beside the beach, no more already, Tuas Coast area is now reclaimed land. 

There's a lot of stuff pasted on LP1, can act like pilgrimage and look at it 🤣

There's a very fun viaduct super high up following MRT line at Tuas, but don't go at high speed if you're scared of wind. Giant windshields might cause unstable handling. 

There are a lot of photo op locations at Tuas but got to follow me to find them 😂

IMG_20220413_151742.jpg

I also plan to do a LP1... Even got a holder for my GoPro...

Only problem is my ass is still stuck at home...hahaha...

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Pisces44 said:

I also plan to do a LP1... Even got a holder for my GoPro...

Only problem is my ass is still stuck at home...hahaha...

I ordered parts for camera mount also but using normal digital camera that has been collecting dust for years cos no travel. It has OIS built in so should be good for motorcycle videos. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, pinksheep said:

Bored of LP1? How about LP177 at Choa Chu Kang? 

Visit next weekend and bring home some flowers 💐 

IMG_20220417_171336.jpg

woooo... nice views.. especially the pavilion... 

Kindly read thru at least the intro section first before decide to post any comments.... thanks... :cool:

 

Please proceed to this website/web link if you guys have any technical issues on Kawasaki Kips/KR150, I'll update the 1st POST as and when there's a new question. Newbies questions on the top as well. :)

 

 

 

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6285055#post6285055

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'll be going for a short ride today at seletar area again.. anyone wan to join? maybe 5-6pm?

Kindly read thru at least the intro section first before decide to post any comments.... thanks... :cool:

 

Please proceed to this website/web link if you guys have any technical issues on Kawasaki Kips/KR150, I'll update the 1st POST as and when there's a new question. Newbies questions on the top as well. :)

 

 

 

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6285055#post6285055

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Unfortunately I am still waiting for my micro scooter to be ready for pick, if not I might join. Also on my friend scooter riding to kaki bukit workshop. But if ready by today I will be going for a ride tonight, if not I have joint you :)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, adesmond2 said:

I'll be going for a short ride today at seletar area again.. anyone wan to join? maybe 5-6pm?

Too early, I usually ride out around 9-10pm... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, ConceptFuel said:

Unfortunately I am still waiting for my micro scooter to be ready for pick, if not I might join. Also on my friend scooter riding to kaki bukit workshop. But if ready by today I will be going for a ride tonight, if not I have joint you :)

lol.. no worries.. see when you gotten your bike, lets meet up.. but u nearby seletar area? 😛

 

13 hours ago, pinksheep said:

Too early, I usually ride out around 9-10pm... 

haha.. find one day maybe 9pm can.. but not too late cuz I start work at 6am.. LOL..

13 hours ago, Hidingbehindthetree said:

Same me 10-11pm haha

as above replies.. LOLOL.. 

10 hours ago, ConceptFuel said:

Is not ready, guess I have to stick to using my friend scooter for one two more days, just have to be patience

can la.. take your time.. ;) 

Kindly read thru at least the intro section first before decide to post any comments.... thanks... :cool:

 

Please proceed to this website/web link if you guys have any technical issues on Kawasaki Kips/KR150, I'll update the 1st POST as and when there's a new question. Newbies questions on the top as well. :)

 

 

 

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6285055#post6285055

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/17/2022 at 5:15 PM, pinksheep said:

Bored of LP1? How about LP177 at Choa Chu Kang? 

Visit next weekend and bring home some flowers 💐 

IMG_20220417_171336.jpg

This is nice indeed, which particular road and farm is it. Surely a good place to go early morning;)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DD978 said:

This is nice indeed, which particular road and farm is it. Surely a good place to go early morning;)

Want to do a mini meet there? Open on weekends 10am to 7pm.

Facebook look for "Plants & Pints" to see latest promos. Next month they plan to have Ramadan bazaar there. 

Plants and Pints
https://maps.app.goo.gl/VZ6pueTaT1UGcB8U8

 

You might be tempted to pick up some pretty little cactus or table plants for just a few dollars. 

KJE (edited) take Brickland Rd exit but turn towards the ulu looking farm area no traffic goes to. A lot of agriculture related businesses. Instantly feel like old Malaysian roads in the countryside. Can cruise around explore the roads, see if can find the "Lamppost 117" in the middle of nowhere all grass, trees and greenhouses only. 

The view from Jalan Lekar is nice as it's overlooking a big valley facing LCK and the big airbase. No hi rise buildings. 

 

IMG_20220417_134823.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, pinksheep said:

Want to do a mini meet there? Open on weekends 10am to 7pm.

Facebook look for "Plants & Pints" to see latest promos. Next month they plan to have Ramadan bazaar there. 

Plants and Pints
https://maps.app.goo.gl/VZ6pueTaT1UGcB8U8

 

You might be tempted to pick up some pretty little cactus or table plants for just a few dollars. 

KJE (edited) take Brickland Rd exit but turn towards the ulu looking farm area no traffic goes to. A lot of agriculture related businesses. Instantly feel like old Malaysian roads in the countryside. Can cruise around explore the roads, see if can find the "Lamppost 117" in the middle of nowhere all grass, trees and greenhouses only. 

The view from Jalan Lekar is nice as it's overlooking a big valley facing LCK and the big airbase. No hi rise buildings. 

 

IMG_20220417_134823.jpg

nice place at your area.. let me share one nice place at seletar.. 

 

Soek Seng 1954 Bicycle Cafe

This cafe oversee the airplane that land or fly off.. :D 

Food wise - so so

Drink wise - expensive

scenery = fantastic.. 😛

 

conclusion.. bring your own drink and hang around there for a few photos.. 

there's also a few more spots.. some are hidden/illegal to put bike up on this area. haha.. (I'll bring you all there if we ever meet up around my area) ;)

I'm available this evening as well.. hahahahah (edited at 3.26pm - still raining at seletar area, sianz)

*usually it's the hidden/illegal to put ones nicer.. LOLOL

  • Like 1

Kindly read thru at least the intro section first before decide to post any comments.... thanks... :cool:

 

Please proceed to this website/web link if you guys have any technical issues on Kawasaki Kips/KR150, I'll update the 1st POST as and when there's a new question. Newbies questions on the top as well. :)

 

 

 

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6285055#post6285055

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ahhh this is Neo Tiew Road, usually I use this road if I am from woodlands going back to my home in Jurong, where after that you pass Lim chu kang area and end up to Jurong West instead of using BKE and KJE, using this road makes me feel at home. Surely I head up to Seletar when my scooter is ready for pick up, in the meantime I be just using my friend same mini scooter just like mine.

I am ok with Seletar and going there, despite staying in Jurong. Usually I ride at night and also delivering food and ends just an hour before sunrise so at times if there is any last minute kopi or meetup, do msg me, as I can go online and offline from work at night :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Haha long ago we used to run bike groups through Neo Tiew until Sian, this new place is different, Jalan Lekar is at the end of old CCK Road, no one goes there except to visit the plant nurseries. Try look for Sungei Tengah Rd, even got little square road leads to nowhere can use for small adventures and uphill downhill to play gears and engine braking. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, pinksheep said:

Haha long ago we used to run bike groups through Neo Tiew until Sian, this new place is different, Jalan Lekar is at the end of old CCK Road, no one goes there except to visit the plant nurseries. Try look for Sungei Tengah Rd, even got little square road leads to nowhere can use for small adventures and uphill downhill to play gears and engine braking. 

bro, what's your telegram nick? I'll add you and hiding behind the tree then you 2 can start rolling out to new P plates who come in here & want to meet.. hahaha

  • Haha 1

Kindly read thru at least the intro section first before decide to post any comments.... thanks... :cool:

 

Please proceed to this website/web link if you guys have any technical issues on Kawasaki Kips/KR150, I'll update the 1st POST as and when there's a new question. Newbies questions on the top as well. :)

 

 

 

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6285055#post6285055

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well I have closed alot of apps and all my social media 4-5 years ago for conventional living, if there are any mini meetups or local ride just text here, I will reply if I am going over. I just stick to wassap for simplicity 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, ConceptFuel said:

Well I have closed alot of apps and all my social media 4-5 years ago for conventional living, if there are any mini meetups or local ride just text here, I will reply if I am going over. I just stick to wassap for simplicity 

No stress boss I'm fine to share WhatsApp contact. 

So far I only have solo Makan outings feel free to poke me if you going supper or weekend itchy finger wanna service bike or browse the usual poison at Motoworld haha. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...