SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Shop selling bike with odo reset

waffleboy

Was interested in buying a bike from this workshop at the Ubi area (near planet motor) and to my surprise the odo showed.. 3k mileage.

This can't be right, I thought it was the trip meter but nope it was the mileage meter. Workshop claimed that the owner changed the display and hence the odo reset. Previous mileage about 30k.

This set off all kinds of red flags. There was no record of the previous mileage or anything. 

Would you still buy the bike in this situation?

19 hours ago, waffleboy said:

Was interested in buying a bike from this workshop at the Ubi area (near planet motor) and to my surprise the odo showed.. 3k mileage.

This can't be right, I thought it was the trip meter but nope it was the mileage meter. Workshop claimed that the owner changed the display and hence the odo reset. Previous mileage about 30k.

This set off all kinds of red flags. There was no record of the previous mileage or anything. 

Yes.. Mileage doesn't matter when comes to 2nd hand motorcycle.. 

it's the feeling that you felt when you see the bike.. 

To me.. if you like the bike, you will buy it.. then slowly do up...

Go planet motor and do.. if it's not a scooter.. :)

Kindly read thru at least the intro section first before decide to post any comments.... thanks... :cool:

Please proceed to this website/web link if you guys have any technical issues on Kawasaki Kips/KR150, I'll update the 1st POST as and when there's a new question. Newbies questions on the top as well. :)

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6285055#post6285055

• 1 month later...
On 10/3/2022 at 4:16 PM, waffleboy said:

This should not be legal and LTA do nothing about this. All car dealers and bike dealers do this tampering. Beware.

• 3 weeks later...

If it has a purely mechanical odometer, integrated with the speedometer, you can replace the speedo head, and boom, you’re back at zero. Actually, in restoring the speedo head the tech can do that as well. But they’ll probably have questions as to why…

If it has the odometer integrated into the ECU, you can replace the instrument cluster all day every day and it won’t change the reading. To do that, you’d need to replace the relevant ECU.

Edited by magicj
  • Like 1