Jump to content
SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

    Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

    Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

    Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

    Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Tubeless Tyre Repair Kit


howpeter

Recommended Posts

Hi to All Shifus here, I heard people are saying tubeless tyre is better than tyre with inner-tube. So, I am changing my tyres to tubeless soon. Could any Shifu here recommend a repair kit for tyre puncture please? Thank you

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, howpeter said:

Hi to All Shifus here, I heard people are saying tubeless tyre is better than tyre with inner-tube. So, I am changing my tyres to tubeless soon. Could any Shifu here recommend a repair kit for tyre puncture please? Thank you

What bike? Tubeless conversion not really 100% one unless u change tubeless rim.

Repair kit just the cheap ones will do like from Mr Diy. But the rubber worm get from those car tyre repair shops, those good quality ones. Cant remember the price exactly but it's i think $10 for 10, very long worms, can cut into half so u effectively got 20. 

Also, pack a pair of pliers to help pull out the nail. 

  • Like 2
nelo said:
sometimes facebook is like a fridge. you open it once every little while hoping something new will appear only to realise nothing changed.

 

Aprilia RX125 

Yamaha X1R

Kymco Downtown 200

KTM Duke 200

Gilera Runner ST200

Suzuki DRZ400SM

Honda CB400X

Kawasaki Ninja 400

Suzuki DRZ400SM
.
.
Suzuki Vstrom 1000 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi Shifu PBbombomlee, thank you very much for your quick reply and advice.

I riding a Vespa Excel 150 and I am changing tubeless tyre and tubeless rim all together. I am buying a used set of two from Tong Aik Motors.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, howpeter said:

Hi Shifu PBbombomlee, thank you very much for your quick reply and advice.

I riding a Vespa Excel 150 and I am changing tubeless tyre and tubeless rim all together. I am buying a used set of two from Tong Aik Motors.

That's good, then very convenient liao. 

One good thing about tube tyres is you don't really have to replace the tyre if kena nail. Replace tube and patch the inner part of tyre if very big, can continue riding on the same tyre. 

By right tubeless tyre if kena nail, worming the tyre is just a temporary fix - BY RIGHT ah, but locally everyone just continues riding on the wormed tyre (myself included la)

  • Like 1
nelo said:
sometimes facebook is like a fridge. you open it once every little while hoping something new will appear only to realise nothing changed.

 

Aprilia RX125 

Yamaha X1R

Kymco Downtown 200

KTM Duke 200

Gilera Runner ST200

Suzuki DRZ400SM

Honda CB400X

Kawasaki Ninja 400

Suzuki DRZ400SM
.
.
Suzuki Vstrom 1000 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi Shifu PBbombomlee, thanks again for your further advice.

Using tyre with an inner tube may seem good and anyone can do the changing of the tyre also. However, it is also dangerous. A few months ago, my wife and I fell on PIE and was badly injured due to the rear tyre punctured and were stuck at the mudguard. Another reason I could think of is the tyre I used was a cheap one. The main reason it happens is that the tyre deflated too quickly.

People told me tubeless tyre will deflate slowly if punctured. Therefore, to prevent another mishap, I feel it would only be safer to change to a tubeless one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

To repair puncture with the worm kit: The difficulty is pushing the worm into the puncture hole.  Need to have strong hands to do it.  Another type of repair kit is using the 'muchroom' worm kit.  You do not have to push the muchroom rubber into the hole.  You just twist or screw in the handle to push in the muchroom rubber. No need to have strong hands.  Downside is the muchroom kit costs about $45-50.  

If the puncture hole is big, then the worm kit is better.  You can push in 2 or 3 worms into the hole.  The muchroom kit only for normal hole puncture. Cannot use 2 worms in one hole.

You can go to Shopee and you can see some other types of repair kit. Some are just simply screw in a rubber screw into the hole (Cheap. 5 pieces may only cost $2. Only thing is: will the rubber screw pop out of the hole?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, 3gilbe said:

To repair puncture with the worm kit: The difficulty is pushing the worm into the puncture hole.  Need to have strong hands to do it.  Another type of repair kit is using the 'muchroom' worm kit.  You do not have to push the muchroom rubber into the hole.  You just twist or screw in the handle to push in the muchroom rubber. No need to have strong hands.  Downside is the muchroom kit costs about $45-50.  

If the puncture hole is big, then the worm kit is better.  You can push in 2 or 3 worms into the hole.  The muchroom kit only for normal hole puncture. Cannot use 2 worms in one hole.

You can go to Shopee and you can see some other types of repair kit. Some are just simply screw in a rubber screw into the hole (Cheap. 5 pieces may only cost $2. Only thing is: will the rubber screw pop out of the hole?

Hi Shifu 3qilbe, thank you for the advice.

Are you referring to the following?

1.    You Quoted: Another type of repair kit is using the 'muchroom' worm kit:  Motorcycle Vacuum Tire Repair Tool Kit Motorcycle Electric Bicycle Vacuum Tire Repair Tools Puncture Plug Repair Block: S$26.46 @’ https://shopee.sg/Motorcycle-Vacuum-Tire-Repair-Tool-Kit-Motorcycle-Electric-Bicycle-Vacuum-Tire-Repair-Tools-Puncture-Plug-Repair-Block-i.264570040.7135088181?sp_atk=11121974-88cc-4e1e-bf36-d0876bfd06d9&xptdk=11121974-88cc-4e1e-bf36-d0876bfd06d9

 

2.       You Quoted: Some are just simply screw in a rubber screw into the hole: 20 Pcs/set Car Vacuum Tire Repair Kit Set Black Tubeless Tyre Tire Repair Rubber Nail useful:S$3.51 @’ https://shopee.sg/20-Pcs-set-Car-Vacuum-Tire-Repair-Kit-Set-Black-Tubeless-Tyre-Tire-Repair-Rubber-Nail-useful-i.28812922.10053745307’

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




  • DAIS_ShellBAU2024_Motorcycle_SingaporeBikesBanner_300x250.jpg

     
×
×
  • Create New...