Jump to content
SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

    Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

    Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

    Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

    Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Question about buying an used bike which seller wanted to retain the VRN ?


magicj

Recommended Posts

Hi,

Seller wanted to retain the VRN.   LTA just tells how to retain the VRN,  doesn't tell how to transfer the ownership of bike after retaining VRN.  Looked like it's quite hassle for buyer.  Googled, but still have no idea how it works.

Wondering if anyone could share appropriate experience.

Edited by magicj
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • magicj changed the title to Question about buying an used bike which seller wanted to retain the VRN ?
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 9/11/2023 at 6:12 PM, magicj said:

Hi,

Seller wanted to retain the VRN.   LTA just tells how to retain the VRN,  doesn't tell how to transfer the ownership of bike after retaining VRN.  Looked like it's quite hassle for buyer.  Googled, but still have no idea how it works.

Wondering if anyone could share appropriate experience.

after bike number is retain, the old bike will be issued a new VRN a few days.. if the buyer has another VRN.. need to transfer to the seller first to replace the current bike number..

then can transfer the bike from there..

Kindly read thru at least the intro section first before decide to post any comments.... thanks... :cool:

 

Please proceed to this website/web link if you guys have any technical issues on Kawasaki Kips/KR150, I'll update the 1st POST as and when there's a new question. Newbies questions on the top as well. :)

 

 

 

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6285055#post6285055

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, adesmond2 said:

after bike number is retain, the old bike will be issued a new VRN a few days.. if the buyer has another VRN.. need to transfer to the seller first to replace the current bike number..

then can transfer the bike from there..

adesmond2,

Thanks for your inputs.  More or less understand how it works - it needs an interim bike.

But still not sure for the details.   Could you please see if I understood correctly ?

1.Buyer transfer his own bike B to seller
2.Seller buys a temperary insurance for bike B
3.Seller retains bike A VRN and LTA issues a new VRN C
4.Seller retains bike B VRN and LTA issues a new VRN D
5.Seller registers VRN C with bike B, registers VRN D with bike A
6.Seller informs insurance company for changing of VRN for bike A
7.Seller transfers both of bike A and bike B to buyer
8.Seller cancel temperary insurance for bike B
9.Buyer buy a insurance for bike A
10.Buyer informs insurance company for changing of VRN for his own bike B
11.Buyer gets seller's bike A with a new VRN and a new VRN for his own bike B
12.Buyer buys two new number plates from a bike shop and mount them on these two bikes prior to ride on road

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, magicj said:

adesmond2,

Thanks for your inputs.  More or less understand how it works - it needs an interim bike.

But still not sure for the details.   Could you please see if I understood correctly ?

1.Buyer transfer his own bike B to seller
2.Seller buys a temperary insurance for bike B
3.Seller retains bike A VRN and LTA issues a new VRN C
4.Seller retains bike B VRN and LTA issues a new VRN D
5.Seller registers VRN C with bike B, registers VRN D with bike A
6.Seller informs insurance company for changing of VRN for bike A
7.Seller transfers both of bike A and bike B to buyer
8.Seller cancel temperary insurance for bike B
9.Buyer buy a insurance for bike A
10.Buyer informs insurance company for changing of VRN for his own bike B
11.Buyer gets seller's bike A with a new VRN and a new VRN for his own bike B
12.Buyer buys two new number plates from a bike shop and mount them on these two bikes prior to ride on road

sounded confusing.. 

why got 2 bikes?

can I assume that the buyer want to buy both your bike number?

example you are selling your bike number and I wanted your bike number and my own bike number, you will be getting my bike as well as retaining your own bike?

 

point 4 is wrong.. - LTA issued VRN C for A bike. so that has to be maintained, you cannot anyhow swap it with other bikes.

point 12 I presume you are referring to buy 2 new motorcycles ya? not another 2 more VRN.. 😂

the rest is about there.. but the buyer for the number plate.. going to pay alot of money for retaining the bike number.. (charged) will only refund to him if he purchases 2 new bikes..if he transfer the bike number to a old bike.. then he will only pay more...

Kindly read thru at least the intro section first before decide to post any comments.... thanks... :cool:

 

Please proceed to this website/web link if you guys have any technical issues on Kawasaki Kips/KR150, I'll update the 1st POST as and when there's a new question. Newbies questions on the top as well. :)

 

 

 

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6285055#post6285055

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, adesmond2 said:

sounded confusing.. 

why got 2 bikes?

adesmond2,

Appreciating your time.

Sorry for the confusion. 

I wanted to buy an used bike,  the owner wanted to sell the bike separately and retain the VRN with himself.

For my understanding,  owner retains the VRN first,  after LTA issues a new VRN to the bike,   bike will be transfered to me with the new VRN,  I will use this new VRN to buy an insurance and a new number plate.  It should be hassle free and straight forward. 

But I was told, it's not like this.  Got confused,  then came here for an answer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • DAIS_ShellBAU2024_Motorcycle_SingaporeBikesBanner_300x250.jpg

     
×
×
  • Create New...