SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Still ride if the weather is bad?

8 hours ago, Wobblyrabbit80 said:

Newbie rider here. I am wondering does any veteran riders still go ahead and ride when there are dark clouds? Or just scrap the thought and take grab instead 😂

Depending on location and agenda.. Today I need to go buy some riding gears and come back home after that.. so I just go ahead and ride with my rain coat.. grab my gears.. go back home change clothes and wash up.. :) 

if you need to go for some fine dinning or dates + long hours outside.. then go with grab lor.. 

I would also take bus if the location is near and the rain is heavy.. haha...

• Like 1

Kindly read thru at least the intro section first before decide to post any comments.... thanks... :cool:

Please proceed to this website/web link if you guys have any technical issues on Kawasaki Kips/KR150, I'll update the 1st POST as and when there's a new question. Newbies questions on the top as well. :)

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6285055#post6285055

Riding in the rain when there are no other vehicles around you is actually pretty safe and enjoyable. 

But in Singapore.  Rain + heavy traffic + low visibility + slippery paint on asphalt = higher risk of accident. 

So if possible... wait for the rain to stop. Else try to get a bike with ABS, so it can help prevent you from wheel lock when you panic brake on a wet surface... 

Get some really bright rain wear (neon or bright color type) and ride safely if you need to. Don't lane split if possible. Lane filter when you need to. 

Edited by Siphon
  • Like 2

For beginner like me, i will just take grab of public transport whichever is convenient as I feel that I should take it slower. Upon when I am very familiar or more confident, then I will consider riding on slippery road. Thats my mentality for now. 

Not worth the risk bro

On 11/1/2023 at 3:30 PM, Wobblyrabbit80 said:

For beginner like me, i will just take grab of public transport whichever is convenient as I feel that I should take it slower. Upon when I am very familiar or more confident, then I will consider riding on slippery road. Thats my mentality for now. 

Not worth the risk bro

If you're starting to ride and your bike doesn't have ABS, that would be a good choice to take. But once you're more familiar with riding and spotting the dangers as well as have more control over your bike it would be good to ride in the rain to have some experience with it. Especially if the traffic isn't heavy. 

Get familiar with avoiding the painted surfaces, looking out for metal covers, oil and water puddles when the roads are wet. It comes with experience. 

Do remember to avoid trailing behind bigger vehicles. They have bigger brakes than you so their stopping power is way more than u. If they E brake and you're directly behind, you're goner need alot of distance or superior skills to get out of that situation. 

• Like 1