SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[cdc] 2b

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
Taking my prac 1 soon, is it possible to book 2 practical lessons at once? Must be 48hours apart right? Need advice so i can clear my 2b faster :)

You can book as many practical lessons at once. Yes, best is to keep them 2 days/48 hours apart so that in case you pass within the first try, you can cancel the other and get refunded.

Also in the event that you don't clear the lesson the first time, you only need to wait 2 days before you retake. Otherwise, you may need to wait weeks before retaking the lesson depending on the demand.

Edit: Note that the earlier pracs and evaluation pracs, eg 1-3, 6 & 8, are usually higher in demand. So best is you book 2 to 3 lessons for those pracs.

Hope this helps!

Hello All. Today I pass my 2B TP test and I would like to thank the contributors to this page. It has been extremely useful for me - I would like to "give back to the society" in this post and hopefully someone will find my post useful in the future.

Background: I am 32Y old, I have a class 3 licence since 2004 - and have been driving daily since I bought my 1st car in 2010. So doing this class 2b is kinda a mid-life crisis thing for me :)

Lessons: I was always pretty curious how many lessons it took for someone like me with a couple of years driving experience to pass the various stages in the CDC lessons. So here is my breakdown

Lesson 1: 2 times

Lesson 2: 2 times

Lesson 3: 3 times

Lesson 4: 1 time

Lesson 5: 1 time

Lesson 6: 1 time

Lesson 7: 2 time

Lesson 8: 2 time

TP test: 1 time (14 demerit points)

Circuit Revision: 4-5 times

Road Revision: 1 time

Enrolled in Jan 2016, completed in Jun 2016. Do note that I am working, so most of my lessons are either on weekday evenings and/or weekend. I did spend a lot of time on the CDC website refreshing the page to see if there are any open slots.

How much I spent: I didn't really keep track.. but I think including the equipment and lessons that I have to skip last minute.. I think it should be just under 1K sgd.

CDC Instructors: I really do like them. I think they are one of the best bunch of people out there. Very passionate about the subject, very friendly. There are probably 1-2 that are abit fierce (usually the Chinese ones - not being racist and I am a Chinese). According to one of them, CDC has the best record for 1st time class 2b practical test passing rate. So go figure :)

Useful Tips:

1) Do not cancel the free theory lessons: I did that at the start when I couldn't attend the sessions, only to realise I was abit stupid and waste my cancellation count. I think I ended up with cancellation count of -5. Only use them for paid lessons.

2) Do read this forum page for all the TIPs out there for the various lessons. Good to be prepared and know what to do.

3) Do your circuit revisions - don't be lazy :)

4) Book at least 3 lessons at one go. The CDC waiting time for lesson sometimes can be 3-4 weeks apart

5) Try to book circuit revision + road revision one day before TP test day. I did that, so was abit more confident on the test date itself.

Some stuff I remember from the TP test today

1) There were 50 people who took the test, 25 of us pass, so passing rate of 50%.

2) There are 10 TP testers, divided into group of 5.

3) 5 tester will be in the circuit, 5 along the test route.

4) Unlike Lesson 6-8, you do not need to wait for the tester outside the main road, they are not following behind you. They are stationed at major junctions.

5) Report early at 715am. Do your circuit revision. 830am Briefing. 930am start of TP test. 1045am onwards results.

6) Results are announced in batches. The TP tester will come into the room individually and call out numbers from their batch. If they call your number it means you failed. i.e If you are in batch 1 (tag number 1-5), if the TP tester that comes in call number 1,2,4 .. it means tag number 3 and 5 has passed. If you are in batch 10 (tag number 46-50), if the TP tester of that batch call the number 46 and 47, it means 48,49,50 pass.

7) After the TP result is announced, you have to watch a video and then they will scan your book to enable you to book EFR (expressway course). There are limited slots available on the same day, I was lucky to get one at 1245pm on the same day.

8) After you take the EFR, you will finally get to enter the instructor room - pretty cool --- and there, they will close your account and refund you back the remaining amount of money in your account in cheque, mail to your home address in 3-4 weeks.

9) Finally, go to the TP counter at level 2. Produce both the TP test slip and the EFR completion form to get your licence. $50 for new licence holder, free for existing class 3 (just paste a sticker behind).

10) Say your farewell to the instructors - they will always tell you.... see you in 1 year for your class 2A.. and ride safe

* For those who fail, it seems like it is compulsory to book a revision class before you are allowed to book TP test. Someone told me the next slot open is in AUG for the revision class. Which means those who fail will have to wait 2 months for revision training and another 2 months for TP test. Sounds pretty harsh to me. So try to pass on your first attempt!

In summary, the past 6 months has been a very humbling experience. I used to think that riding is easy, ITS REALLY QUITE DIFFICULT. I used to think that with my class 3 experience, riding will be a breeze - NOT TRUE. I learn to appreciate the elements the riders have to endure everyday. I learn to give them space and time while I drive now. I learn to TIP my delivery man now! :)

Now.. I have to go explore what bikes to buy. I still drive, so bike will really just be for fun. Maybe a Vespa scooter. Maybe Yamaha R125 .. any tips? :)

Edited by mark_

Hello All. Today I pass my 2B TP test and I would like to thank the contributors to this page. It has been extremely useful for me - I would like to "give back to the society" in this post and hopefully someone will find my post useful in the future.

Background: I am 32Y old, I have a class 3 licence since 2004 - and have been driving daily since I bought my 1st car in 2010. So doing this class 2b is kinda a mid-life crisis thing for me :)

Lessons: I was always pretty curious how many lessons it took for someone like me with a couple of years driving experience to pass the various stages in the CDC lessons. So here is my breakdown

Lesson 1: 2 times

Lesson 2: 2 times

Lesson 3: 3 times

Lesson 4: 1 time

Lesson 5: 1 time

Lesson 6: 1 time

Lesson 7: 2 time

Lesson 8: 2 time

TP test: 1 time (14 demerit points)

Circuit Revision: 4-5 times

Road Revision: 1 time

Enrolled in Jan 2016, completed in Jun 2016. Do not that I am working, so most of my lessons are either on weekday evenings and/or weekend. I did spend a lot of time on the CDC website refreshing the page to see if there are any open slots.

How much I spent: I didn't really keep track.. but I think including the equipment and lessons that I have to skip last minute.. I think it should be just under 1K sgd.

CDC Instructors: I really do like them. I think they are one of the best bunch of people out there. Very passionate about the subject, very friendly. There are probably 1-2 that are abit fierce (usually the Chinese ones - not being racist and I am a Chinese). According to one of them, CDC has the best record for 1st time class 2b practical test passing rate. So go figure :)

Useful Tips:

1) Do not cancel the free theory lessons: I did that at the start when I couldn't attend the sessions, only to realise I was abit stupid and waste my cancellation count. I think I ended up with cancellation count of -5. Only use them for paid lessons.

2) Do read this forum page for all the TIPs out there for the various lessons. Good to be prepared and know what to do.

3) Do your circuit revisions - don't be lazy :)

4) Book at least 3 lessons at one go. The CDC waiting time for lesson sometimes can be 3-4 weeks apart

5) Try to book circuit revision + road revision one day before TP test day. I did that, so was abit more confident on the test date itself.

Some stuff I remember from the TP test today

1) There were 50 people who took the test, 25 of us pass, so passing rate of 50%.

2) There are 10 TP testers, divided into group of 5.

3) 5 tester will be in the circuit, 5 along the test route.

4) Unlike Lesson 6-8, you do not need to wait for the tester outside the main road, they are not following behind you. They are stationed at major junctions.

5) Report early at 715am. Do your circuit revision. 830am Briefing. 930am start of TP test. 1045am onwards results.

6) Results are announced in batches. The TP tester will come into the room individually and call out numbers from their batch. If they call your number it means you failed. i.e If you are in batch 1 (tag number 1-5), if the TP tester that comes in call number 1,2,4 .. it means tag number 3 and 5 has passed. If you are in batch 10 (tag number 46-50), if the TP tester of that batch call the number 46 and 47, it means 48,49,50 pass.

7) After the TP result is announced, you have to watch a video and then they will scan your book to enable you to book EFR (expressway course). There are limited slots available on the same day, I was lucky to get one at 1245pm on the same day.

8) After you take the EFR, you will finally get to enter the instructor room - pretty cool --- and there, they will close your account and refund you back the remaining amount of money in your account in cheque, mail to your home address in 3-4 weeks.

9) Finally, go to the TP counter at level 2. Produce both the TP test slip and the EFR completion form to get your licence. $50 for new licence holder, free for existing class 3 (just paste a sticker behind).

10) Say your farewell to the instructors - they will always tell you.... see you in 1 year for your class 2A.. and ride safe

* For those who fail, it seems like it is compulsory to book a revision class before you are allowed to book TP test. Someone told me the next slot open is in AUG for the revision class. Which means those who fail will have to wait 2 months for revision training and another 2 months for TP test. Sounds pretty harsh to me. So try to pass on your first attempt!

In summary, the past 6 months has been a very humbling experience. I used to think that riding is easy, ITS REALLY QUITE DIFFICULT. I used to think that with my class 3 experience, riding will be a breeze - NOT TRUE. I learn to appreciate the elements the riders have to endure everyday. I learn to give them space and time while I drive now. I learn to TIP my delivery man now! :)

Now.. I have to go explore what bikes to buy. I still drive, so bike will really just be for fun. Maybe a Vespa scooter. Maybe Yamaha R125 .. any tips? :)

Congrats! Welcome to the the biker life!!Never too old for anything! You should research more on the 2b bikes before purchasing them, took me about 1.5 months after i pass to get a bike. Im currently riding Yamaha r15 v2.

r125 is pretty pricey, so is italian vespa. So choose wisely if u are just going to casual ride!

Congrats! Welcome to the the biker life!!Never too old for anything! You should research more on the 2b bikes before purchasing them, took me about 1.5 months after i pass to get a bike. Im currently riding Yamaha r15 v2.

r125 is pretty pricey, so is italian vespa. So choose wisely if u are just going to casual ride!

Thanks - yea R125 is abit expensive indeed. Currently considering R125, r15 v2 and rc200 :)

I am pretty tall 183cm, so think r125 probably suits me best

Hi all, for Lesson 3 slope. When i am at the slope, Do i release half-clutch to biting point then checkback before moving off or checkback already then release half-clutch to biting point?

Once you come to a complete stop

1) Signal away from the curb

2) half-clutch and open throttle - right brake on

3) check-back away from the curb

4) release right footbrake and open throttle abit more if bike has not enough power.

5) maintain half-clutch till the top of the slope.

6) Fully release your clutch as you are going downslope to make use of engine brake.

7) Signal left as you come down the slope.

8) clutch-in and break before stop line

:thumb:

Once you come to a complete stop

1) Signal away from the curb

2) half-clutch and open throttle - right brake on

3) check-back away from the curb

4) release right footbrake and open throttle abit more if bike has not enough power.

5) maintain half-clutch till the top of the slope.

6) Fully release your clutch as you are going downslope to make use of engine brake.

7) Signal left as you come down the slope.

8) clutch-in and break before stop line

:thumb:

Nice! Thanks for the tips ! :) Btw, may i ask how long did it took u to complete 2b ?

Edit: Ignore the question, just saw your post above :)

Thanks - yea R125 is abit expensive indeed. Currently considering R125, r15 v2 and rc200 :)

I am pretty tall 183cm, so think r125 probably suits me best

Hey bro ! grates on passing your TP

so have you decided on what bike to purchase??

i am also aiming R125 !! but first hand at 20k :(

taking my TP this month 27th

Hi Mark

Congrats on passing & well done! :thumb:

But i doubt that theres a 'fixed' quota of passes as such. Rather I think its more a case of the standard of individual performances on that day itself.

During my time we had 30/41 (abt 75%). But 2 weeks prior to my test was abt 50%. Then there was this 1 fella who claimed he heard 15/50 passes(!) in 1 of the earlier pages of this thread. Abt a week before my 2b test last yr i heard all of the 2a/2 failed. I just passed my 2a today & it was 22/25 passes.

So ya.... Some succumb to nerves, some are just plain careless/sloppy, some are not so well practiced, some encounter unlucky situations thro no fault of their own etc. Many different reasons for non performance on the day. Its just up to us to prove to these elderly uncles why we deserve to hold the license in the 1st place.

cheers & ride safe!

Edited by jbdoggy

I am the wisest man alive, for I know one thing, and that is that I know nothing - Socrates

Hi guys. Its my first post. I just wanna ask if i stop my class 2b one and a half year ago do i need to retake everything? Was at lesson 6

Yes, If you do not renew on the last month before membership expiry have to renew. Thats what happen to me haha.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Hi Mark

Congrats on passing & well done! :thumb:

But i doubt that theres a 'fixed' quota of passes as such. Rather I think its more a case of the standard of individual performances on that day itself.

During my time we had 30/41 (abt 75%). But 2 weeks prior to my test was abt 50%. Then there was this 1 fella who claimed he heard 15/50 passes(!) in 1 of the earlier pages of this thread. Abt a week before my 2b test last yr i heard all of the 2a/2 failed. I just passed my 2a today & it was 22/25 passes.

So ya.... Some succumb to nerves, some are just plain careless/sloppy, some are not so well practiced, some encounter unlucky situations thro no fault of their own etc. Many different reasons for non performance on the day. Its just up to us to prove to these elderly uncles why we deserve to hold the license in the 1st place.

cheers & ride safe!

Yes totally agree with you.. there is definitely no fixed quota of passes. :)

guys can i ask for lesson 4 ebrake the speed is 30km/h to 45km/h and gear 3 then stop one right?

Correct, Gear 3 , ride until your speed is above 30km/h (the yellow bulb should be lighted in front of you to indicate that you have achieved the min speed). Do note to do the following things for the correct e-brake procedure

1) Lock your arms as you do your ebrake

2) Make sure you use both your front/rear brake first BEFORE you clutch in. (Don't clutch in together with your brakes). BRAKE First and before you come to a stop, then you clutch in.

hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Does anybody know whether we are allowed to adjust the bike clutch during TP if the biting point is way too far? I'm very small size and so are my hands.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Hi innocentrider,

Dun think you are allowed to adjust it, but there are other bikes there for you to choose before proceeding to the starting point. You can do a quick clutch test on the spot. Hope this helps.

Sent from my MI NOTE LTE using Tapatalk