SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[cdc] 2b

My hp and wallet with me at all time. I try to avoid bringing my laptop(from work) there as much as possible.

If really need to put somewhere secure, you can ask the instructor to see if can leave it in the instructor's office for safeguarding at your own risk.

I was thinking of keeping my hp and wallet with me but i worry if i fall, my phone will crack. :( i dont usually have other valuables with me.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was thinking of keeping my hp and wallet with me but i worry if i fall, my phone will crack. :( i dont usually have other valuables with me.

Put in front pocket la, remember to wear jeans or long pants that covers the ankles.

As you will be in a "sitting" position on a bike, it wont be easy for stuff to fall out.

My Ride History:

[KTM Duke 200] - 2017/06 - 2018/06

[Piaggio MP3 125] - 2017/12 - 2018/07

[Suzuki DRZ 400 SM] - 2018/07 - 2019/04

[Suzuki Boulevard 400] - 2018/07 - 2019/06

[Honda CB400X] - 2018/10 - 2020/10

[KTM Duke 390] - 2019/07 - 2020/09

[Aprilia Caponord 1200] - 2020/10 - 2021/10

[Vespa 300 GTS] - 2021/06 -

[Honda NC750X DCT ABS] - 2022/05 -

Put in front pocket la, remember to wear jeans or long pants that covers the ankles.

As you will be in a "sitting" position on a bike, it wont be easy for stuff to fall out.

Haha! I meant if I fall off the bike and landed on the floor, im afraid i would fall on my hp and crack it. Thanks anw! I'll see if it is feasible. :)

Janice, have you rode a bicycle before? If yes, no problems abt balancing on 2 wheels there.

Dont be scared to fall. Part & parcel of learning. I fell many times during L3. Dont be scared of failure...I took L1 5 times cos couldnt do the short distance braking exercise. In total i cleared the 8 lessons in 36 attempts but still passed tp 1st time & very surprisingly did much better then those who cleared the 8 lessons very quickly. I guess the more attempts i took just made me more practiced. So just treat your repeat lessons as practice, the varying circuit conditions each time you come will help make you a better rider along the way. Just relax & enjoy the lessons.

The thing i learnt is it may seem hard to learn at 1st, but once you get it, it all becomes very easy in the end.

All the best!

I am the wisest man alive, for I know one thing, and that is that I know nothing - Socrates

Janice, have you rode a bicycle before? If yes, no problems abt balancing on 2 wheels there.

Dont be scared to fall. Part & parcel of learning. I fell many times during L3. Dont be scared of failure...I took L1 5 times cos couldnt do the short distance braking exercise. In total i cleared the 8 lessons in 36 attempts but still passed tp 1st time & very surprisingly did much better then those who cleared the 8 lessons very quickly. I guess the more attempts i took just made me more practiced. So just treat your repeat lessons as practice, the varying circuit conditions each time you come will help make you a better rider along the way. Just relax & enjoy the lessons.

The thing i learnt is it may seem hard to learn at 1st, but once you get it, it all becomes very easy in the end.

All the best!

Thank you for your encouragement! :)

I had a waist pouch when I was on lessons previously - those that people use on runs... But... if u dun have a waterproof phone- watch when it rains...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a waist pouch when I was on lessons previously - those that people use on runs... But... if u dun have a waterproof phone- watch when it rains...

Thars a great idea! I'll ziplock my hp and wallet then carry them on the pouch. :) thanks Stealth!

Hello! My first attempt at Lesson 1 next week on 25th May 2017. Any tips? I have never ridden a bike before, quite scared of the clutch and gear changing. Also, if there were 5people in the bang tire section and 1 or 2 can already manage the bike well, can they join the rest in the mini circuit or do they need to wait for all 5 to be ready in order to move off together?

Just relax. It took me 3 lessons to clear L1. If you can manage to "bang" well, then the instructor will get you to join the mini circuit. No need to wait for all to be ready. To pass L1, important thing is know how to brake and stop. That is the key to passing

Oh ya! Also, do you guys usually rent the locker or leave your bags at the gathering area?

I rent the locker if I am bringing my laptop home to work. It uses the new $1 coin. Don't leave your belongings at the gathering area because no instructor will be there

• 2 weeks later...

Been learning at CDC, i first registered for 2B in 2011, till date i haven't gotten my license because i procrastinate haha. This year would be the year i decided to get it!

So now i'm at pract 4, and i totally butchered the plank, anyone got tips to clear the plank? Sometimes I will totally miss the ramp up the plank, and i really have trouble stay on the plank, except my very first attempt, it was perfect haha

Been learning at CDC, i first registered for 2B in 2011, till date i haven't gotten my license because i procrastinate haha. This year would be the year i decided to get it!

So now i'm at pract 4, and i totally butchered the plank, anyone got tips to clear the plank? Sometimes I will totally miss the ramp up the plank, and i really have trouble stay on the plank, except my very first attempt, it was perfect haha

Plank was also one of my most feared stations - I think I took 4 lessons to clear and continued to be shaky all the way to my TP.

Just keep practising..... :)

Terry,

Getting on the plank: Dont simply move off when its time to do so. Aim the bike to the start of the plank before anything else. So fix your eyes to the start of the plank, move off & when the bike mounts the plank, flick your eyes up & look ahead to the end of the plank or cones etc.

Staying on the plank: The bike goes where your eye are looking. So eyeline is to the end of the plank, the slalom cones or if you wish, even further then that. I alternate betn end of plank & 1st cone.

Speed control: Throttle off when the front wheel mounts the plank. Maintain half clutch. The Half clutch will actually pull you along. Control your speed with rear brake. Some bikes rear brakes quite worn out, so you can ride the rear brake for those type of bikes.

Stability: Much easier to maintain stability if you mount the plank "fast". A normal start will do. No need to chiong like F8.

Slow riding practice: Can do in the nursery or on the circuit. eg the long straight road leading back to the plank. Try going 10km/h or less w/o putting your foot down. Try following behind those beginner drivers!! Feathering the clutch with some light revs here & there can keep you in balance, even at crawling speeds you know?

Practice practice practice. I did 1 F8/crank for every 4-5 plank/slaloms during my many many revisions.

I am the wisest man alive, for I know one thing, and that is that I know nothing - Socrates

Most of what the seniors said here are right. For me, I will aim to align my wheel and plank straight first at the stop line. Then throttle and go up the plank then off throttle. Then grip the tank real tight and look straight. Some seniors say to clutch all the way while some say half clutch. I find the half clutch a better method. But the problem with the bikes in CDC is that some bikes at gear one you half clutch or not makes not difference. So go with the method you are most comfortable. Another key shared by the instructor is that when u start to shift left and right, that's when u should throttle a bit.

Good luck....I am stuck at Lesson 8 now and going for my second try tmr

The easiest way to learn the plank is the clutch in method. But if youre ambitious & want to go much further then the required 6 secs, then the half clutch method is the way to go.

In the clutch in method, if youre starting to get wobbly, then you regain momentum by momentarily half clutching. But when youre down to a real crawl sorta speed, that half clutch moment will cause a noticeable lurch forward. I personally didnt like that lurch. (wont penalise you for it btw). Kinda an unsettling moment, at least for me.

There are these 1-2 bikes during my time where you very nearly hv to fully release the clutch before you can even start to move!

Most of what the seniors said here are right. For me, I will aim to align my wheel and plank straight first at the stop line. Then throttle and go up the plank then off throttle. Then grip the tank real tight and look straight. Some seniors say to clutch all the way while some say half clutch. I find the half clutch a better method. But the problem with the bikes in CDC is that some bikes at gear one you half clutch or not makes not difference. So go with the method you are most comfortable. Another key shared by the instructor is that when u start to shift left and right, that's when u should throttle a bit.

Good luck....I am stuck at Lesson 8 now and going for my second try tmr

Got to try Lesson 8 again. 18 pts with one immediate failure at ebrake. Front wheel edge out of the line slightly...sigh....

Got to try Lesson 8 again. 18 pts with one immediate failure at ebrake. Front wheel edge out of the line slightly...sigh....

Hey there, no worries, when u cleared TP in 1 try all this is nothing.(my 2A L3 took 5x) Btw for lesson 5/8 best to use ur most confident bike no. to increase ur chances. And practice with as many bikes as u possibly can during ur CR before TP. my 2 cent.

• 2 weeks later...
Congrats, crashburner! See you on the roads soon! Have u already thought what bike you'd buy?

Being a 41 year old uncle, I probably going for a cheap 2nd hand bike since I got plans to go onto Class 2. I was inspired to take class 2B after seeing a cam spyder on the road

*lol* you are not alone! I'm in my 40s and too am on my journey to my class 2. Also met a few folks along the way - similar to us who started lessons because they were inspired after seeing a bike.

Getting a second hand class 2B makes sense. Particularly since you would be transitioning to a class 2. Enjoy the journey my friend ... riding is indeed quite an experience!

Being a 41 year old uncle, I probably going for a cheap 2nd hand bike since I got plans to go onto Class 2. I was inspired to take class 2B after seeing a cam spyder on the road

*lol* you are not alone! I'm in my 40s and too am on my journey to my class 2. Also met a few folks along the way - similar to us who started lessons because they were inspired after seeing a bike.

Wah! LOL.... all the while I thought you were in your 20s cos you really sounded so young! ROFL.... nvrmnd la ha! Young at heart is good! Im also in my 40s... Maybe we can all go out once crashburner gets his bike & we talk bikes & 'unker' stuff at kopitiams! haha....

I had always loved bikes since young but never did anything abt it... But that 1 fateful evening in 2015, I saw this tiny girl riding a cbr400rr near my place! I just couldnt stand it! If she can do it, surely bigger stronger me can do it also....hence i immediately enrolled for my 2b! lol

JBDoggy That's an excellent idea!! :) see crashburner.. now you have motivation to clear that TP test and get your bike fast!!

Wah! LOL.... all the while I thought you were in your 20s cos you really sounded so young! ROFL.... nvrmnd la ha! Young at heart is good! Im also in my 40s... Maybe we can all go out once crashburner gets his bike & we talk bikes & 'unker' stuff at kopitiams! haha....

I had always loved bikes since young but never did anything abt it... But that 1 fateful evening in 2015, I saw this tiny girl riding a cbr400rr near my place! I just couldnt stand it! If she can do it, surely bigger stronger me can do it also....hence i immediately enrolled for my 2b! lol

• 3 weeks later...

Hello and welcome!

Getting the bike license was the best thing that happened to me in a long while. Though the journey to 2B was long and arduous, it was well worth it considering the amount of fun that I have!

Do post your journey here and persevere!

My Ride History:

[KTM Duke 200] - 2017/06 - 2018/06

[Piaggio MP3 125] - 2017/12 - 2018/07

[Suzuki DRZ 400 SM] - 2018/07 - 2019/04

[Suzuki Boulevard 400] - 2018/07 - 2019/06

[Honda CB400X] - 2018/10 - 2020/10

[KTM Duke 390] - 2019/07 - 2020/09

[Aprilia Caponord 1200] - 2020/10 - 2021/10

[Vespa 300 GTS] - 2021/06 -

[Honda NC750X DCT ABS] - 2022/05 -