SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[cdc] 2b

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks @keyxblade, @JrCherish and @ber for your input.

I think I'm getting one of those learner packages that comes with helmet, gloves and everything for like $85 from helmetboys and get like a pack of those durian gloves.

Anyone got advice about raincoats? Should I even get one or just borrow CDC's? (do they smell? :p)

good glove better since u can use them when u get a bike later, for me with a glove it is easier to grip the clutch and brakes, and if u fall at least more protection. u can go 33 Ubi Ave 3 it is 10-15mins walk from CDC. there are many bicycle shop and a scambler accessory shop there. you can get a good glove for $30.

durian glove is money saving! LOL! cause, at prac 6 u need to check yours tyres condition and some etc stuff and glove might get oily, black and dirty.. can just throw away and grab a new one. 4 pair for $1.20 at bugis when i bought last year OCT. enrolled on last year SEP. LOL 1 more plus point is. raining day, glove confirm + chop + guarantee sure WET WET, it stink.. and you could throw away and grab a new pair of durian glove. LOLOLOLOLOL =D

Sorry being cheapo. LOLOLOL!

durian gloves are sold in sheng siong ntuc for something like $5 a pack of ten pairs i think. They are good because sometimes while fiddling with the guards and helmet you may lose it.

I personally bought the gloves after trying it and liked it, half leather half synthetic, surprising fitting. seems like lamb skin. 17sgd

if you are buying via post remember to confirm the size.

Raincoats I think not needed for now. they have 1 rack of it at the shed. maybe you might like to go check out first during your first orientation? It doesnt look so clean though. I think it is not necessary to buy if you have your own wind jacket or normal jacket with hood. Then again, when you pass you may need it so... if you do not already have something like that, might as well buy one now.

Hi guys, 1st post here in the bike forums. I'm currently a CDC Class 2B learner myself so for interested people who want to know more about CDC Class 2B here's my background and history. I'm on practical 7 at the moment and my 1st practical 7 lesson would be this coming Friday.

Signed up for Class 2B enrollment on 03/2013 with a Class 3 license, so I skipped BTT and just went for RTT theory lessons and test.

At first I thought I should be able to learn bike well but during the months of taking practical lessons I realize I'm quite a slow and weak learner.

Theory Lessons Attendence

BTT 4 Theory Lessons: Skipped (Class 3)

BTT Internal Evaluation: Skipped (Class 3)

BTT: Skipped (Class 3)

RTT 4 Theory Lessons: Attended 1 lesson each, 4 lessons total

RTT Internal Evaluation: 1st time pass (48/50)

RTT: 1st time pass (50/50)

Practical Lessons Attendence

Circuit Orientation: 1 lesson

Practical 1: 4 lessons

Practical 2: 3 lessons

Practical 3: 4 lessons

Practical 4: 3 lessons

Circuit Revision to prepare for lesson 5: 7 lessons (LOL)

Practical 5: 3 lessons

Practical 6: 4 lessons

Practical 7: 1st lesson this coming Friday

As you can see, the minimum amount of lessons I have to take to pass a module is 3 lessons. I think I learn quite slow. My friend told me he spent about $600 on getting a Class 2B license but I'm only at practical 7 and I already spent $1k on it already. Kinda regret enrolling for Class 2B lessons now that I think about it but it doesn't make sense that I give up now since I'm almost at the end of the course already.

do not give up now. there are fast and slow learners. but at the end of the day the goal is the same. i just passed my lesson 8 after 4 attempts. i consider my self a fast learner but i still took 4 lessons to clear the final internal evaluation. so you are doing fine. last few to go and you can book your TP. you should be quite a good rider by the time you are done just based on the number of hours you spent on the training bike. don't worry. keep going.

Hi guys, 1st post here in the bike forums. I'm currently a CDC Class 2B learner myself so for interested people who want to know more about CDC Class 2B here's my background and history. I'm on practical 7 at the moment and my 1st practical 7 lesson would be this coming Friday.

Signed up for Class 2B enrollment on 03/2013 with a Class 3 license, so I skipped BTT and just went for RTT theory lessons and test.

At first I thought I should be able to learn bike well but during the months of taking practical lessons I realize I'm quite a slow and weak learner.

Theory Lessons Attendence

BTT 4 Theory Lessons: Skipped (Class 3)

BTT Internal Evaluation: Skipped (Class 3)

BTT: Skipped (Class 3)

RTT 4 Theory Lessons: Attended 1 lesson each, 4 lessons total

RTT Internal Evaluation: 1st time pass (48/50)

RTT: 1st time pass (50/50)

Practical Lessons Attendence

Circuit Orientation: 1 lesson

Practical 1: 4 lessons

Practical 2: 3 lessons

Practical 3: 4 lessons

Practical 4: 3 lessons

Circuit Revision to prepare for lesson 5: 7 lessons (LOL)

Practical 5: 3 lessons

Practical 6: 4 lessons

Practical 7: 1st lesson this coming Friday

As you can see, the minimum amount of lessons I have to take to pass a module is 3 lessons. I think I learn quite slow. My friend told me he spent about $600 on getting a Class 2B license but I'm only at practical 7 and I already spent $1k on it already. Kinda regret enrolling for Class 2B lessons now that I think about it but it doesn't make sense that I give up now since I'm almost at the end of the course already.

A Journey of a Thousand Revs Begins with the First Gear Change...

Thanks @keyxblade, @JrCherish and @ber for your input.

I think I'm getting one of those learner packages that comes with helmet, gloves and everything for like $85 from helmetboys and get like a pack of those durian gloves.

Anyone got advice about raincoats? Should I even get one or just borrow CDC's? (do they smell? :p)

their raincoat quite smelly 1. depends on whether u can take the smell or not.

regarding about raincoat, it really smell luh. LOL! if light rain, you can choose not to wear. i only wear once. in fact i am still wet after wearing. LOL! =X

No One In This World Is A Virgin. Cause Life Always Fcuk You Over and Over Again. Rides: 05May13~ NSR SP FQ **** X 2 stroke power! 05May15~ RVF400 FQ **** D V engine power! 04Jun16~ YZF-R1 FBG **** M Xplane power! 26Nov16~ LC135 FBC **** J SPARK big bore! 03Mar18~ BMWGSA F **** D GSR1200ADV! 23Apr20~ CB400 Bold'r FBC ***** J inLine4

their raincoat quite smelly 1. depends on whether u can take the smell or not.

Key blade ur gf is what lesson now? How's her progress

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

hi guys! my first post. anyhow, was wandering if can proceed the orientation without going through the theories? i was able to book. my orientation starting soon so jus post for fun :D booked my theory lesson as well. but its on the 14 sept :/

2 lesson days before you can cancel. so if you cancel 48 hours before the lesson you should be able to. best is cancel immediately to be safe. take note, Circuit Revision cannot be cancelled. if you only have exactly 2 days between lessons when you book make sure its the same session timing or later. e.g. monday lesson at 6.50pm. and you book a weds lesson make sure its 6.50 or 8.40 pm and cencel immediately

Hey, how does the cancellation take effective ? lets say i book a lesson on wednesday night, and saturday morning. After i pass on wednesday, can i still cancel the saturday session on thursday ? Please advise.

you can go all the way up to lesson 5 without doing any theory (assuming you have btt/class 3 already). but i wouldn't advise it.

hi guys! my first post. anyhow, was wandering if can proceed the orientation without going through the theories? i was able to book. my orientation starting soon so jus post for fun :D booked my theory lesson as well. but its on the 14 sept :/

so far one lesson only? ok lah 28 is not bad. i seen ppl with 50 points and I myself got 30+ for one of my attempts!

she still at lesson 8. went for a lesson 8 got 28 points.

2 lesson days before you can cancel. so if you cancel 48 hours before the lesson you should be able to. best is cancel immediately to be safe. take note, Circuit Revision cannot be cancelled. if you only have exactly 2 days between lessons when you book make sure its the same session timing or later. e.g. monday lesson at 6.50pm. and you book a weds lesson make sure its 6.50 or 8.40 pm and cencel immediately

Bro, thanks alot. noted..

the thread so long all the tips buried. when i got time i will try to extract them into a separate thread.... hmmm... maybe we should compile into ebook and sell... wahahhahaahaha

the thread so long all the tips buried. when i got time i will try to extract them into a separate thread.... hmmm... maybe we should compile into ebook and sell... wahahhahaahaha

simple. make a new thread and hope mod stick it up. or the ts make it as the 1st page? =D

No One In This World Is A Virgin. Cause Life Always Fcuk You Over and Over Again. Rides: 05May13~ NSR SP FQ **** X 2 stroke power! 05May15~ RVF400 FQ **** D V engine power! 04Jun16~ YZF-R1 FBG **** M Xplane power! 26Nov16~ LC135 FBC **** J SPARK big bore! 03Mar18~ BMWGSA F **** D GSR1200ADV! 23Apr20~ CB400 Bold'r FBC ***** J inLine4