SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

All about Corners, Counter steer, counter measures

w1n9

Can what. When i slow tight corners, my the side of my shoe will scrape the ground. And my shoe is about 2-3 cm wider than my footpeg. If i showed you my riding shoes you guys will feel so disgusted. Really damaged like hell from the scraping, the gear shifting, the lack of soles etc. I need new shoes.

[2005 Yamaha YBR 125]

http://i945.photobucket.com/albums/ad291/crazydj_sgbikes/WarningMagicalFuelPenguins2.jpg?t=1261137815

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dunno how to scrape footpegs neither do I want to learn how to do it.

Scraping any hardware on the tarmac in a corner is a sign that the cornering technique and body positioning is wrong and is a prelude to a lowside.

Anyway guys... please go practice cornering on the track... like Tuas track for instance, $20 can corner until shiok for one hour $30 for 2 hours or $50 for the whole day and no police will catch you... many very tight corners for you to practice your trail braking. Playing corners on public roads is purely asking for trouble coz you tyres need to heated up and suspension need to set up properly first before you try. Taking a corner fast on cold, high pressure tyres is when sure way to lowside.

By the way... I never use the back brakes when on the track. Its suicidal.

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o104/angelo_neo/IMG_1208-1.jpg

FAA licenced motorcycle mechanic :angel:

Add me: http://www.facebook.com/raptormotorsports

I dunno how to scrape footpegs neither do I want to learn how to do it.

Scraping any hardware on the tarmac in a corner is a sign that the cornering technique and body positioning is wrong and is a prelude to a lowside.

Anyway guys... please go practice cornering on the track... like Tuas track for instance, $20 can corner until shiok for one hour $30 for 2 hours or $50 for the whole day and no police will catch you... many very tight corners for you to practice your trail braking. Playing corners on public roads is purely asking for trouble coz you tyres need to heated up and suspension need to set up properly first before you try. Taking a corner fast on cold, high pressure tyres is when sure way to lowside.

By the way... I never use the back brakes when on the track. Its suicidal.

Bro bro Bro! Take us to this track which you speak of!

And i agree with you, whenever i corner almost rarely use the rear brakes. Once i used it i felt like i was losing control.

[2005 Yamaha YBR 125]

http://i945.photobucket.com/albums/ad291/crazydj_sgbikes/WarningMagicalFuelPenguins2.jpg?t=1261137815

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

2. Most new riders who have not taken a Motorcycle Safety Course are under the impression that in order to arc through a corner on a motorcycle, the rider must lean and turn the front wheel in the direction of the corner.

In fact, the opposite is true. At speeds greater than 15-20 mph, the rider must initiate a turn by first turning the front wheel toward the outside of the corner (i.e., push on the left bar to go left, push on the right bar to go right). This is a momentary action that rolls the motorcycle off its axis, leaning it in the direction of the bar/clip-on that is pushed. As the bike reaches the desired lean angle, the tire falls into the arc of the turn.

The arrows in the photo above illustrate, from the rider's point of view, the motion needed to initiate a corner. Push forward on the left bar to go left; the opposite to go right.

Coach Outlet

Coach Bags

Coach factory outlet

• 2 months later...
2. Most new riders who have not taken a Motorcycle Safety Course are under the impression that in order to arc through a corner on a motorcycle, the rider must lean and turn the front wheel in the direction of the corner.

In fact, the opposite is true. At speeds greater than 15-20 mph, the rider must initiate a turn by first turning the front wheel toward the outside of the corner (i.e., push on the left bar to go left, push on the right bar to go right). This is a momentary action that rolls the motorcycle off its axis, leaning it in the direction of the bar/clip-on that is pushed. As the bike reaches the desired lean angle, the tire falls into the arc of the turn.

The arrows in the photo above illustrate, from the rider's point of view, the motion needed to initiate a corner. Push forward on the left bar to go left; the opposite to go right.

Coach Outlet

Coach Bags

Coach factory outlet

Sorry but where's the photo which u mentioned?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/salazar/Screenshot2011-12-16atAM085911.png

I Trololol in ya face..

Rides- Baby B-King

• 9 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

hi, Sometimes going into a corner, you'll get shocked by the hazards on the road. Puddle of water, oil spill, sand, even clump of leaves can turn a good day into a bad one.#5 is especially true. Gotta act like an ostrich. when in danger, dun stare at the danger. I'm still learning to avoid target fixation....

World's Safest Children's Bikes

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...

I like to lean towards the other direction that i'm turning. If i'm turning left, I like to shift my body towards the right. I just feel more security this way. Any issue with this?

• admin unpinned this topic