SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

How much do you earn a month...

arjen

How much do you earn a month when you gotta support a car?  

648 members have voted

1. 1. How much do you earn a month when you gotta support a car?

I'm very unwilling to spend too much money on ICE as i prefer to spend on making the car perform better and look better.

Have seen some cars with drooling ICE systems. but usually the car itself cant live up to the high standards of ICE in it.

http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/4128/demimoore2fi.jpg

• Replies 870
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont have the ability to buy a car yet..but i believe that the car is my slave..not the other way around..

if having a car means having to forego my holidays..scrimp & save on meals and sacrificing on my savings..it means im not ready to buy & maintain a car...

Don't mess with old farts. Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill.

Bullshit and brilliance only come with age and experience.

Proud owner of an Opel Combo 1.7 DTI

Well .. up to individual ... some really rather scrimp and save on meals and make lots of sacrifices on cars ...

but then ... after a while when reality strike, when they really need $$$ to turn the tide .... the investment they spend in car - be it old or new. Is worthless.

A good ICE is nice but not for me cause i spend most time running around in short trips.

If got the cash and willingly to spend, I go for performance and fine tuning

1. Better Tyres

2. Spoiler

3. Better pickup performance.

May 1999 - Aug 1999 - Yamaha FZR150

Aug 1999 - Nov 2001 - Honda Phantom 150

Nov 2001 - Oct 2005 - Honda CB400 Superfour HYPER-VTEC

April 2005 - Aug 2010 - Nissan Latio

Aug 2010 - Aug 2011 - BMW 320

Sep 2011 - Current - Honda Stream

my dad is 1 who will spend quite a bit on his stereo set..

2 amps..a bazooka bass tube...i dont know how many speakers he has..

when when i listen to metal in the car...damn shoik..

Don't mess with old farts. Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill.

hoho, i had a bazooka bass tube too in my old Honda Civic Esi hatch back in 2000.

boom boom boom....quite fun.

nice car. those days cars were still quite high priced. bot it for $30k cash.

8 year old Honda Civic Esi 3 dr.

Originally posted by archenemy@Jul 9 2005, 03:06 AM

my dad is 1 who will spend quite a bit on his stereo set..

2 amps..a bazooka bass tube...i dont know how many speakers he has..

when when i listen to metal in the car...damn shoik..

:lol: just like my old man. so old & ears also got problem but his car still go "BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!" :cheer:

1991-Katana125 1992-GN125 1993-Terminator250 1995-Intruder400 1996-ZX-7RRP1 & Charade1L 1996-Vulcan800 1998-Accent1.5L 2001-CorollaXLI 2002-TDM900 2005-Phamton150 2006-FJR1300 2007-KLE500 & WRX JDM 2010-Spark135 & Legacy GT 2012-Focus SW & Sylphy 2015-V Strom 650XT & D Tracker, 2016-Cross Country & RS4 125, 2017-Moto Guzzi V7ii Stone

Originally posted by comics00@Jul 9 2005, 11:16 AM

:lol: just like my old man. so old & ears also got problem but his car still go "BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!" :cheer:

hahaa...love the bass man...

when i stop at traffic lights & look at the rear view mirror...it shakes..yeah baby! hahaaa...

no techno for me though..unless my girlfriend is in the car...when she is in the car..no metal..so i can only listen when i go pick her or on my way home after fetching her home..

Well in short, if you have money and spare money, buy the damm car then. If not, pls consider migration to alternative countries. In any country, there are pros & cons. This is a con in SIngapore. However there are pros everywhere. it's how you see it. It does not matter.

However with an excellent transporataion system in Singapore, you dont need a car, just a bike will suffice to relax on. You can get from A to Z easily, besides Singapore is a small country. It's only an hour max from one end to the other end. Obviously some people need to live in other countries where the distance is further apart and where the car is a necessity instead of a luxury. In here, it is a luxury.

Therefore if you have the dough, buy the car. However pay in full if possible, if not the interest and depreciation will kill u slowly. Pride and honour is not worth the torture over the next few years. Be happy with the small things in life. Such as a meal with your loved ones or a simple biking trip to JB. Small things does matter. Stop searching for the big things in life and lose all your small things.

Live life with no regrets.

Check this thread out. I am creating a club of bikers for bikers. This is for intercultural intergration. Come on in, fellow bikers.

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90550

• 4 weeks later...

There are 2 criterias to fullfil before I buy my car.

1) My company pays me an car allowance of not less than $800/ mth.

OR

2) I have enough cash to pay FULL amount. Which means if I want to buy an Altis I make sure I have at least $65K of CASH in my pocket.

Never live on credit...

Cash in your pocket is always the best...

At least still can ride bike or take cab...

Take 10 yr loan = waiting for bomb to explode...

:thumb:

Originally posted by DeepBlue@Aug 4 2005, 03:39 PM

There are 2 criterias to fullfil before I buy my car.

1) My company pays me an car allowance of not less than $800/ mth.

OR

2) I have enough cash to pay FULL amount. Which means if I want to buy an Altis I make sure I have at least $65K of CASH in my pocket.

Never live on credit...

Cash in your pocket is always the best...

At least still can ride bike or take cab...

Take 10 yr loan = waiting for bomb to explode...

:goodluck: reality is most likely u gonna be a biker all ur life...

The reality is that you dont need a car in SIngapore. Book a taxi, it's so dirt easy. It's only an hour to anywhere no matter which direction you take anyway. If one can be biker for life, great!!

Cars are a luxury item here in SIngapore and not necessary. This is not a big country where cars are necessary as the public transport aren't reliable.

If you feel warm outside, I suggest buying the latest air con jackets from Japan. It costs $200 but keeps you really chilled.

Deepblue I support you. That's a good decision.

Check this thread out. I am creating a club of bikers for bikers. This is for intercultural intergration. Come on in, fellow bikers.

Originally posted by xiaowang@Aug 4 2005, 03:55 PM

The reality is that you dont need a car in SIngapore. Book a taxi, it's so dirt easy. It's only an hour to anywhere no matter which direction you take anyway. If one can be biker for life, great!!

Cars are a luxury item here in SIngapore and not necessary. This is not a big country where cars are necessary as the public transport aren't reliable.

If you feel warm outside, I suggest buying the latest air con jackets from Japan. It costs $200 but keeps you really chilled.

yup... its more of a luxury if u ask me...

but i've purchased a car due to some reasons... mainly work... where i have to carry samples to various suppliers ard singapore... and its not really convienient to do so on a bike... + if its raining, i cant really carry these samples and wait by the road side for a cab... and calling a cab on a rainy day really isnt that simple after all...

There are always positive and negative thinking to the same issue...

A) "I cannot do it"

B) "How can I do it?"

A) "I cannot afford it"

B) "How can I afford it?"

A) "Its impossible"

B) "How can I make it possible?"

Ask any successful people in the world they will tell u they belong to the B type.

Read more books like Rich Dad Poor Dad, Think and Grow Rich and you will understand more... Also you will realise the diff between assets and liabilities.

I prefer to spend more effort and brain juice to think how to earn more $$ than to waste time thinking what car models to buy when I dun even have the Full amount.

And I sincerely believe that most Singaporeans owning a car have difficultly taking out $50K CASH on the table. BUT they can buy a $80K car.. What a joke... Typical example of living on credit....

This is the REAL reality... Living on CREDIT...

No intention is made to offend anyone, just personal thoughts..

Good day..

:cheeky:

Originally posted by DeepBlue@Aug 4 2005, 04:02 PM

For your info, I bought my current bike FULL CASH...

way to go dude... really respect u with such discipline u have... :thumb: hope one day u'd be able to fullcash ur car and we can have a kopi together :thumb:

Me too. I paid in full for my bike now. Living on credit is a potential disaster.

If u are in sales, use the company car, if the coy does not have one and pushes the employee to have one, rent a car at their expense. At least, u do not have t o think about the maintenance.

Cars, may give u the convenience but suck your assets day by day till the day u sell it. The interest is often almost adds up to 20% of the selling price of the car alone.

Originally posted by xiaowang@Aug 4 2005, 03:55 PM

ya lor it's amazing how many stupid people there are out there.

ever since my accident which left me unable to ride, i've been taking cab practically everwhere i go because my time is too precious to be spent waiting on a bus or mrt.

And guess wat? Monthly cab fare only $700+.

When i tell people they say "like this why not get a car?"

i tell them it's barely enuff for the cars body only ok!!! :giddy:

poot.

Good on you, mate. S$700 is cheap. U get a personal chaffeur to pick you up. If u get a car, it probably will cost u at least S$1000. U can't even use it when u wanna chill out with friends and have a few drinks.

Singapore is not that big, I repeat. A car is only useful if u have spare cash to blow and the patience to drive. Driving here is hazaardous to your heart. It's so hectic to drive.

Anyway, that's my advice. Those who still wish to buy and live on credit, it's your lifestyle. As for me, I am debt-free. Anytime I wanna quit my job, I go. I have sufficient savings and minimal liabilities.

Originally posted by xiaowang@Aug 5 2005, 02:45 PM

Good on you, mate. S$700 is cheap. U get a personal chaffeur to pick you up. If u get a car, it probably will cost u at least S$1000. U can't even use it when u wanna chill out with friends and have a few drinks.

Singapore is not that big, I repeat. A car is only useful if u have spare cash to blow and the patience to drive. Driving here is hazaardous to your heart. It's so hectic to drive.

Anyway, that's my advice. Those who still wish to buy and live on credit, it's your lifestyle. As for me, I am debt-free. Anytime I wanna quit my job, I go. I have sufficient savings and minimal liabilities.

ya lor, now got new Skoda luxury-version cabs and more Merc cabs coming out. I simply cant stop flaggin them down :cheeky:

poot.

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by xiaowang@Aug 4 2005, 04:09 PM

Me too. I paid in full for my bike now. Living on credit is a potential disaster.

If u are in sales, use the company car, if the coy does not have one and pushes the employee to have one, rent a car at their expense. At least, u do not have t o think about the maintenance.

Cars, may give u the convenience but suck your assets day by day till the day u sell it. The interest is often almost adds up to 20% of the selling price of the car alone.

Totally agree! Driving in sg is a little different from what I am used to for 5 years... When I came back to sg last march, it was only after 9 months when I finally bought my car. I paid cash for it. And when I sold my car recently, I still managed to get back some money even though the value dropped drastically.

Personally, I feel that you can only afford a car if you have the capacity to pay in full for it. Seen too many of my friends getting strung with this finance things.

Having said that, cos I still get a kick taking the bus and MRT (not a cab person), I passed the car to my gf. Fortunately, I am almost never in a rush, so I can take my time to get to where I wanna get.

• 4 weeks later...
Originally posted by desert@Aug 25 2005, 11:43 AM

drive a van guys...cheaper on everything..

even vans and trucks need to register wit a company name.:giddy:

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/5048/10304130.jpg

"But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. Now if you know what you're worth then go out and get what you're worth."

• 2 weeks later...

people who buy cars when they actually cant afford are feeling a lot of pain now, with the ERPs and high fuel prices.

even for me, i'm thinking of switching to a cheap japanese sportscar like Integra, WRX, to save money on road tax and petrol....:sweat: heh

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by Throttle@Oct 3 2005, 09:51 PM

people who buy cars when they actually cant afford are feeling a lot of pain now, with the ERPs and high fuel prices.

even for me, i'm thinking of switching to a cheap japanese sportscar like Integra, WRX, to save money on road tax and petrol....:sweat: heh

wah..u call these cars cheap..bro u muz be damn rich :sweat:

in desert there is mirage,

in life there is always hope,

do not despair as god helps those who help themselves,

stay happy always