SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Group] SBF DUCATI Monster

Guest Azman79

oh i see.. i was at KC on the day u were about to collect your bike. mike said u were at LTA or something. would have waited to say hi if i was not in a rush. hope u enjoy the bike. the condition was quite good and there is little you need to do up. for a 2002 bike, i think you got a good deal. I collected my bike that night too, u may have seen another yellow bike that just got reprayed.

by the way, was the M400 your first choice or have u been considering other bikes?

Had been in a long search for my perfect love. First Super4, then XR4 then GSR400. Then there was one day I chance upon the monster and I realised, No thing and No one can stop me from riding it. =P

I did see a few other Monsters there. Is yours yellow too??

A SAFE RIDER IS NOT NECESSARY A GOOD RIDER. HE MUST HAVE EXCELLENT RIDING SKILLS AND JUDGEMENT TOO.

• Replies 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey, i'm planning to get a Monster 696, can u more experienced riders tell me it tts a gd 1st bike, how much it cost.. bla bla. just ur thoughts abt it.. thanks alot!

I just got mine 696+ last Month! Don't Get it Man :angry: !!

The New MONSTER 696+ Is ALIVE !!! It Make the rider very Playfull :( !!

Now I need to cage it up !!!

MY Pass ride 1983 Yamaha 125LC 1991 TZR125.88 yamaha...YZ125.91KX125 1986 Kawa.KDX200 1987 HondaCG125/1980 HondaCB400N/1965 Vespa/1996Ducati Monster.98WR200R

1.87 Toyota EP70 1.0/1.3/1.5(SG)2.90 FC RX7 1.3(Au) 3.90 Celica GT4 2.0T(AU)4.1983 mazda 323 1.0(AU)5.1984 Honda Jazz 1.2(M)(AU)6.78Honda civic(Au)7.85Honda Jazz 1.2(A)(Au)8.1989'"Ford TX3turbo1.6(AU)9.94" SKYLINE R33 (AU)10.83-911RS3.2(AU)11.1992 Toyota soaror GT2.5T(AU)12.1994toyota corrolla 1.6(AU)13.1992suzuki swift 1.0(AU)14.1984Civic3dr 1.2(Macau)15.1988 toyota corrolla 1.6(SG)16.1988 MB380SE 3.8(SG)17.1982 VW Goft MK1 1.6/2.0(SG)18.2003-WRX 2.0(SG)19.1965 Mini(SG)20.1997 subaru vivio(SG)21.1996 Mirca LX(SG)22.1987 MB280SE(SG)

Current ride>22.96MB E200(SG)23.02HONDA MOBILIO(SG)03'Road King (SG)07'W400(SG)91'883XL.Beetle Cabrio

yes, yellow with a tinge of yellow on the seat as well. i was initially under the mistaken impression that unlike red, yellow is rare.... boy was i mistaken. should have sprayed it blue, haha!

Had been in a long search for my perfect love. First Super4, then XR4 then GSR400. Then there was one day I chance upon the monster and I realised, No thing and No one can stop me from riding it. =P

I did see a few other Monsters there. Is yours yellow too??

2008 Night Rod Special, 1993 Ducati 900SS, 2011 Ducati Diavel Dark Knight

http://www.1130cc.com/gallery/files/2/5/9/7/0/_147621.jpg

916 in hibernation. Official monster rider now!

dont hibernate too long.i may go into self detiriation.

There's more fun in making slow bike go fast than making a fast bike faster:angel: FOR SALE KAWASAKI ZEPHYR EBC BRAKE PADS FA129HH.DUC CLUTCH SLAVE PUMP,SIGNAL RELAY.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_CKM-eD8Ulwo/SwP704pVE-I/AAAAAAAAAHg/BrEmx9CIQAk/s1600/misc-01012003_16.JPG

Hi guys,

A incident filled outing:

1) Gear lever dropped

2) Wallet flown off

3) Paris Daker style riding. Ducati have conquered the off-road for the first time.

4) Rear shock stuck.

omg.......:cry:

The mind is like a parachute; it only works when open.

Hi,

Thanks technicolorhighway, I am bit confused now. So is it a good thing to ride without the airbox cover ? I really don't want to spoil my engine.

Thank you

Not wanting to add to your confusion but it really depends on the state of engine tune that is on your bike. Riding with the open airbox cover increase the volume on air that goes into your engine. If your carbs are not tuned to cope with this increased volume, then the mixture will be very lean, resulting in pinking, piston slap, premature detonation and overheating. Even if you have fuel injection, the ECU needs to be re-mapped to handle the different air/fuel mixture. To optimize your carbs, you will need to uprate the carb jets and have it setup and tuned on a dyno. After the work on the carbs, you may still need to adjust the ignition timing and possibly uprate the spark plugs.

Any single modification for engine performance will require some other modification so make sure that you are ready to get into performance modification as the route is endless.

omg.......:cry:

Hehe stuck rear shock was mine... Found a ****-long piece of bark wedged in between the spring and shaft. Ripped it out but now I have some squeaking sounds.. sigh

Dreamed I was a muffler. Woke up exhausted.

Not wanting to add to your confusion but it really depends on the state of engine tune that is on your bike. Riding with the open airbox cover increase the volume on air that goes into your engine. If your carbs are not tuned to cope with this increased volume, then the mixture will be very lean, resulting in pinking, piston slap, premature detonation and overheating. Even if you have fuel injection, the ECU needs to be re-mapped to handle the different air/fuel mixture. To optimize your carbs, you will need to uprate the carb jets and have it setup and tuned on a dyno. After the work on the carbs, you may still need to adjust the ignition timing and possibly uprate the spark plugs.

Any single modification for engine performance will require some other modification so make sure that you are ready to get into performance modification as the route is endless.

yea man.... tell me about it, had so much problems with my arrows before.

but don't worry , money will fix any problems , and lot of it.....:cry:

Hi singhla,

Mine is fuel injection. When i change the pipes and air filter, the mech did do tuning for me, but not on the dyno. I not sure if that is enough. Never did any re-mapping and the bike ECU is stock and never been touch. So what is your advice? Should i just put back the cover? Will that screw up the tuning done by the mech, because they tune the bike with the open airbox. I am lost.

jyy are you still on the same setup as me? or have you change to a new setup. I tried to bring my bike for tunning on the dyno in another shop , but they say that i need to install a PC III to do that. I wanted to install but PC III don't have for monster 400. They only have for 1000 cc monster. Any suggestion ?

Right click the picture, goto properties and use the link provided

Erm but sorry for your info, the link is the exact small picture that you linked to this thread. Well anyway it's ok.

Thanks. Peace.

c26492.jpg

I was Suggesting alternate weeks on Saturday, alternate weeks on Sunday.

Cuz Some people can make it on Sun and can't on Sat and vice versa.

I'm personally ok for Sunday, but some weeks there is MotoGp or F1.

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w73/dryicefreeze/MNSTR_CLR900.jpg

yes, yellow with a tinge of yellow on the seat as well. i was initially under the mistaken impression that unlike red, yellow is rare.... boy was i mistaken. should have sprayed it blue, haha!

Dude, we can be a pair =D

A SAFE RIDER IS NOT NECESSARY A GOOD RIDER. HE MUST HAVE EXCELLENT RIDING SKILLS AND JUDGEMENT TOO.

I was Suggesting alternate weeks on Saturday, alternate weeks on Sunday.

Cuz Some people can make it on Sun and can't on Sat and vice versa.

I'm personally ok for Sunday, but some weeks there is MotoGp or F1.

sound fair!!:thumb:

There's more fun in making slow bike go fast than making a fast bike faster:angel: FOR SALE KAWASAKI ZEPHYR EBC BRAKE PADS FA129HH.DUC CLUTCH SLAVE PUMP,SIGNAL RELAY.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_CKM-eD8Ulwo/SwP704pVE-I/AAAAAAAAAHg/BrEmx9CIQAk/s1600/misc-01012003_16.JPG

i have this permanent smile on my face today. KC helped me install my high mount CF termis (used) today and wow! when the bike fired up, it sounded amazing. totally unexpected! i have been awed by the termis in the 1098 but had low expectation for my 400cc block... but when the bike ignited, my bike transformed into a Harley! Addictive! Just feel like going to the carpark and starting the bike again just for the heck of it!

2008 Night Rod Special, 1993 Ducati 900SS, 2011 Ducati Diavel Dark Knight

http://www.1130cc.com/gallery/files/2/5/9/7/0/_147621.jpg