SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

KYMCO K-XCT 2OOi

parotae

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hi, juat gotten my bike few days back. Any broz to share knowledge and experience on this ride? Thanks

Dude, its a good ride. You;l love it. come out for a meet up and share would be great too!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Hi, juat gotten my bike few days back. Any broz to share knowledge and experience on this ride? Thanks

Guys... I think my posting may have came a bit late because of my account reactivation only recently. I got my [KXCT 200] in early 2015; but recently sold off due to upgrade (only 1.5yrs riding it). Though, I would say that KXCT is generally a decent and powerful class 2B bike for Singapore context. Pick up is strong and cruising on expressway at 100km remains stable and sturdy. However, this is not to encourage you to travel fast. Fuel consumption is good at average 28-30km/litre. One spark plug, 1.3litre EO. Belt life about 20k km. Nothing much to ask for for a Class 2B scooter.

KXCT also comes with a reasonable under-seat storage for one open helmet + some simple accessories e.g. raincoat. Additionally, a bicycle bottle holder can also be installed below the left glove compartment. I explored this myself but just ensure that the bottle holder is made of plastic instead of metal.

There are, however, some areas that existing or potential KXCT owners may want to take note.

1) The seat design may not support one's sitting posture well as he/she may tend to slide forward or either not have a good grip when both feet are on the ground.

2) The stock windshield is relatively low, thus rider may experience direct wind smacked onto their face, neck or body depending on individual height.

3) The stock mirrors might be a bit too close for comfort, especially taller riders. Hence, if one is forced to sit forward, then chances are.... he/she may have difficulties to have comfortable view on the mirrors.

4) Tall riders (about 1.85m) should bear in mind that the feet space is rather limited because of KXCT sporty outlook. One will realise that he/she cannot position the feet on the platform in a nice 45degree angle unlike its cousin Downtown, Xciting 400 or Piaggio X8, X9 etc.

To overcome these, I basically did a small modification within the first month of my ride. Firstly, I customised the seat by removing the backrest and reshaped the seat to create a nice contour to hold my butt (costs about SGD$150). Secondly, I changed the stock windshield to a larger and higher piece which PUIG actually carries one model for KXCT200 (costs about SGD$260+). Thirdly, I removed the stock mirrors from the handle and mounted a pair of forward mirrors which its entire concept is rather similar to Yamaha Tmax. These forward mirrors were bought from Taiwan thru ebay (costs about SGD$150). Lastly, wrt the 4th point above, I was not able to find any solution to it except to leave my heals on the platform and point the feet outwards during the ride (try to imagine). I've attached some pictures for sharing. Hope these tips will enhance your future KXCT ride.

Slide1.jpg

Slide2.jpg

Guys... I think my posting may have came a bit late because of my account reactivation only recently. I got my [KXCT 200] in early 2015; but recently sold off due to upgrade (only 1.5yrs riding it). Though, I would say that KXCT is generally a decent and powerful class 2B bike for Singapore context. Pick up is strong and cruising on expressway at 100km remains stable and sturdy. However, this is not to encourage you to travel fast. Fuel consumption is good at average 28-30km/litre. One spark plug, 1.3litre EO. Belt life about 20k km. Nothing much to ask for for a Class 2B scooter.

KXCT also comes with a reasonable under-seat storage for one open helmet + some simple accessories e.g. raincoat. Additionally, a bicycle bottle holder can also be installed below the left glove compartment. I explored this myself but just ensure that the bottle holder is made of plastic instead of metal.

There are, however, some areas that existing or potential KXCT owners may want to take note.

1) The seat design may not support one's sitting posture well as he/she may tend to slide forward or either not have a good grip when both feet are on the ground.

2) The stock windshield is relatively low, thus rider may experience direct wind smacked onto their face, neck or body depending on individual height.

3) The stock mirrors might be a bit too close for comfort, especially taller riders. Hence, if one is forced to sit forward, then chances are.... he/she may have difficulties to have comfortable view on the mirrors.

4) Tall riders (about 1.85m) should bear in mind that the feet space is rather limited because of KXCT sporty outlook. One will realise that he/she cannot position the feet on the platform in a nice 45degree angle unlike its cousin Downtown, Xciting 400 or Piaggio X8, X9 etc.

To overcome these, I basically did a small modification within the first month of my ride. Firstly, I customised the seat by removing the backrest and reshaped the seat to create a nice contour to hold my butt (costs about SGD$150). Secondly, I changed the stock windshield to a larger and higher piece which PUIG actually carries one model for KXCT200 (costs about SGD$260+). Thirdly, I removed the stock mirrors from the handle and mounted a pair of forward mirrors which its entire concept is rather similar to Yamaha Tmax. These forward mirrors were bought from Taiwan thru ebay (costs about SGD$150). Lastly, wrt the 4th point above, I was not able to find any solution to it except to leave my heals on the platform and point the feet outwards during the ride (try to imagine). I've attached some pictures for sharing. Hope these tips will enhance your future KXCT ride.

For me the windshield is too high lah bro. I think the original one is much better. How about the top speed bro. U ever tried?

Thank you.

:popcorn:

For me the windshield is too high lah bro. I think the original one is much better. How about the top speed bro. U ever tried?

Thank you.

nv tried leh..... but i tink i saw some foreign KXCTian.. posting their footage. u try see frm youtube .

Hey bro can u update us the top speed once u tried? thanks!

http://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/w456/ScooterNarcotics/543672_382788441759549_183858111652584_1021489_1466028451_n.jpg

Full servicing, Custom Jobs, Motorcycle/Scooter Check, Modifications & Paintjobs at the MOST competitive rate. 10 Kaki Bukit Road 1 #01-03

Call 86878551

yeah show me also!

http://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/w456/ScooterNarcotics/543672_382788441759549_183858111652584_1021489_1466028451_n.jpg

Full servicing, Custom Jobs, Motorcycle/Scooter Check, Modifications & Paintjobs at the MOST competitive rate. 10 Kaki Bukit Road 1 #01-03

Call 86878551

• 1 month later...

Not good to ride fast and post in Singapore or Malaysia since the speed limit here and MY is only 90km and 110km per hour. May get caught by authorities. :p Anyway, here's one of the video in Youtube for a test in Taiwan but this is for 300cc not 200cc which is only available in Singapore.

][][ No point waiting.. if you want something, its best to go get it yourself!!! ][][

• 2 weeks later...
How come this thread like DEAD....Common where r all the kymco 200i riders?

Light up the candle now.

population for the kymco is really poor... servicing and parts are too expensive for local dealers like workshops to purchase. inquired a piece of belt for the kymco xciting and they already cost about $150 a piece.

Call 86878551

population for the kymco is really poor... servicing and parts are too expensive for local dealers like workshops to purchase. inquired a piece of belt for the kymco xciting and they already cost about $150 a piece.

But if i am not wrong for kxct200i, the belting is much more cheaper than Gilera ST200. Am i right bro?

:cheeky::cheeky::cheeky:

:popcorn:

• 7 years later...