SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Dog Lovers

MC21

Any dog owners here? care to share how to stop ur dog from barking all day long?? :sweat: Jus got a complaint this morning :mad: from my neighbour downstairs, saying that my dogs have been disturbing him for mths cuz of the barking and say that he wan to take legal actions against mi... :giddy: n ask mi to go teach my dog to stop barking?? :confused: I really dunno how to stop my dog from barking... isn't barking in their nature? Anyone willing to help?? :sweat: Very much Thanks

no siggy at the moment

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Karen03sg
Originally posted by MC21@Dec 11 2004, 01:43 PM

Any dog owners here? care to share how to stop ur dog from barking all day long?? :sweat: Jus got a complaint this morning :mad: from my neighbour downstairs, saying that my dogs have been disturbing him for mths cuz of the barking and say that he wan to take legal actions against mi... :giddy: n ask mi to go teach my dog to stop barking?? :confused: I really dunno how to stop my dog from barking... isn't barking in their nature? Anyone willing to help?? :sweat: Very much Thanks

Hmmmm..... Why not give a try to send yr dog to singapore kennel school ?? I mean : I refer this school to obeidence training school.... Why not ??

Originally posted by Karen03sg@Dec 11 2004, 01:48 PM

Hmmmm..... Why not give a try to send yr dog to singapore kennel school ?? I mean : I refer this school to obeidence training school.... Why not ??

okthank can provide mi with more details like how much they charges n stuff like that.. btw i have 2 dogs.... :sweat:

no siggy at the moment

Originally posted by L3mOn@Dec 11 2004, 03:17 PM

whaahha.. my neighbour complaint my dogs oways bark.. but well, we tahan... until one fine day when my mum buay tahan she'll shoot back... wahhaa.. her dogs oso keep barking when no one at hm.. lolz...

but my case now is different.... he dun have dogs... :sweat: :sweat:

no siggy at the moment

Originally posted by MC21@Dec 11 2004, 01:43 PM

hv u found out why ur dog bark? anxiety?

my dog barks when someone is at the door and if someone presses the door bell he goes while, he barks when the phone rings........basically he's v kpo keke

i trained my dog with puppy love angie...she' really nice and she can come ur house one but of course training at home more ex.

http://www.emilystrange.com/aaaemily/myspace/adds/ICanSeeYouEmilyStrange.gif

Originally posted by Lass@Dec 11 2004, 05:11 PM

my dog barks when someone is at the door and if someone presses the door bell he goes while, he barks when the phone rings........basically he's v kpo keke

i trained my dog with puppy love angie...she' really nice and she can come ur house one but of course training at home more ex.

find one day we bring our doggies for outing!

urs wat breed?

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c349/pauche/rossivspauche.jpg

Originally posted by Lass@Dec 11 2004, 05:11 PM

if i not wrong, most of the dogs will bark when someone is at the door and stuffs like that.. mine dogs also very ka poh one.. :sweat: :sweat: As for the trainer u mention, how much does she charge? :sweat:

no siggy at the moment

Originally posted by Pauche@Dec 11 2004, 08:44 PM

urs wat breed?

Great idea! :thumb: The pet movers at pasir ris seems to be not a bad place cuz it still got a big open space for doggies to run ard. :cheer: btw the website u paste doesnt not show the charges they are charging leh.. :sweat:

no siggy at the moment

Guest fat_nerd

erm, does ur dog have license? if yes, you don't really have to be worried.

n wad legal action is he gonna take? file complaint to magistrate? wat kok man. obviously, this gentleman neighbour of urs is biased against dogs. i doubt your dog barks 24/7 right? they will also get tired one wad.

anyway, legally speaking, your dog has the right to bark all he wants until 11PM, be it ur neighbour likes it or not. if after 11pm ur dog continues to bark, maybe u can close your windows or something.

Originally posted by fat_nerd@Dec 12 2004, 03:55 PM

erm, does ur dog have license? if yes, you don't really have to be worried.

n wad legal action is he gonna take? file complaint to magistrate? wat kok man. obviously, this gentleman neighbour of urs is biased against dogs. i doubt your dog barks 24/7 right? they will also get tired one wad.

anyway, legally speaking, your dog has the right to bark all he wants until 11PM, be it ur neighbour likes it or not. if after 11pm ur dog continues to bark, maybe u can close your windows or something.

In the process of applying license for one but the other one already have one but expire... :sweat: :sweat: but i already breaks the rules cuz i have 2 dogs in a HDB flat... :sweat: :sweat:

no siggy at the moment

find out why they bark - boredom (got nothing better to do), anxiety (feeling nervous with no one home), watchdog barking (bark when there are people walking outside house) or ... then you are able to find appropriate solution

find out which dog barks, or both

find out how often they bark - all day long, only in the morning or intermittent or other specific timing. you can try to record or approach your neighbours for help

best is if you can talk to the neighbour who wanted to complain (go to his house with some new year goodies or a cake), tell him nicely you want to work on the barking problem but it takes time and you need some info which he can provide. work together on the problem and you improve the neighbourly relationship that they may even decide to overlook the problem later on even if it can't be solved just because you're such good friends now

good luck

http://home2.pacific.net.sg/~hwee_li/avatar/vespa.gif

Originally posted by rehdeer@Dec 12 2004, 06:43 PM

find out why they bark - boredom (got nothing better to do), anxiety (feeling nervous with no one home), watchdog barking (bark when there are people walking outside house) or ... then you are able to find appropriate solution

find out which dog barks, or both

find out how often they bark - all day long, only in the morning or intermittent or other specific timing. you can try to record or approach your neighbours for help

best is if you can talk to the neighbour who wanted to complain (go to his house with some new year goodies or a cake), tell him nicely you want to work on the barking problem but it takes time and you need some info which he can provide. work together on the problem and you improve the neighbourly relationship that they may even decide to overlook the problem later on even if it can't be solved just because you're such good friends now

good luck

k thanks for ur suggestions. :smile: btw i dun quite understand wat do u mean by this sentence? :confused: :confused: "even if it can't be solved just because you're such good friends now"

no siggy at the moment

Guest fat_nerd
Originally posted by MC21@Dec 12 2004, 06:25 PM

In the process of applying license for one but the other one already have one but expire... :sweat: :sweat: but i already breaks the rules cuz i have 2 dogs in a HDB flat... :sweat: :sweat:

ha.. like that good luck

hurry up n get ur licenses.. best is apply the other dog under diff address

Originally posted by MC21@Dec 12 2004, 11:10 AM

Great idea! :thumb: The pet movers at pasir ris seems to be not a bad place cuz it still got a big open space for doggies to run ard. :cheer: btw the website u paste doesnt not show the charges they are charging leh.. :sweat:

pet movers is a nice place with dog run and pool for the dogs. however beware of those irresponsible owners who dun clear their dog poos.... its almost everywhere!!!

the website did show the charges, dates and location of class. i went through the basic class there and the charges are $380 for 10 lessons.

The obedience class do solve ur dog's barking and toilet problems. :cheer:

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c349/pauche/rossivspauche.jpg

Originally posted by MC21@Dec 13 2004, 12:37 AM

k thanks for ur suggestions. :smile: btw i dun quite understand wat do u mean by this sentence? :confused: :confused: "even if it can't be solved just because you're such good friends now"

sorry to have confused you with the poorly structured sentence :p

i meant to say, if you approached your neighbours (who wanted to complain) nicely and asked them to help provide information (like duration, frequency of barking, etc) so that you can work on the barking problem, you may improve the relationship with your neighbours and they may even be touched by your sincerity to want to work on the problem. later on even if barking problem cannot be solved, they will probably not mind anymore because of the improved relationship and they know you were really trying to do something about it.

http://home2.pacific.net.sg/~hwee_li/avatar/vespa.gif

Originally posted by rehdeer@Dec 13 2004, 09:28 AM

sorry to have confused you with the poorly structured sentence :p

i meant to say, if you approached your neighbours (who wanted to complain) nicely and asked them to help provide information (like duration, frequency of barking, etc) so that you can work on the barking problem, you may improve the relationship with your neighbours and they may even be touched by your sincerity to want to work on the problem. later on even if barking problem cannot be solved, they will probably not mind anymore because of the improved relationship and they know you were really trying to do something about it.

icic i think that will help also. :cheeky:

no siggy at the moment

Originally posted by MC21@Dec 12 2004, 11:08 AM

if i not wrong, most of the dogs will bark when someone is at the door and stuffs like that.. mine dogs also very ka poh one.. :sweat: :sweat: As for the trainer u mention, how much does she charge? :sweat:

haha my door turns wild when there r friends over. hmm can't rem how much abt i think abt 800bucks that time i had no choice cos working no time to bring him down, everytime hv to rush home fr work when she's coming over. :smile: he was so well behaved when she's ard and no one can believe he's a wild kid haha :cheeky:

Originally posted by Pauche@Dec 11 2004, 08:44 PM

urs wat breed?

my doggy is a mixed pomerian super hyper and goes wild the moment it goes outside.

and yes pet movers is a great plc and ppl r not bad, i had lodged my pets there when i travel for a few times already. charges wise standard

:smile: