SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Yamaha FJR1300

mini-dero

if i were u, dun have pillion and dunt do more then 20km per day and there is only 3(fjr,bird,954) bikes to choose from, i'll take the 954 :D

im only young once, the other 2 can come in a few yrs later in life when i hit 30 or so :p

i know of a person who is 40 but owns 7-8 bikes.. most of which are sports bike including Srad 1000.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v416/urylle/284668.gif

Biting on the fray of my hair, I muse upon the way to find the oasis of evermore beyond the vertical horizon, I shall join the windupdeads in owl city, neither my safetysuit nor my red jumpsuit apparatus can save me, cuz I mistook a death cab for cutie in plain white T's...

• Replies 16.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i know of a person who is 40 but owns 7-8 bikes.. most of which are sports bike including Srad 1000.

of cos, im not saying that more matured people cannot ride sportbikes lar, its the plan for myself to start riding sport tourers when 30 or so.

mmm... ... alright, make that 50yrs old then. :bounce:

http://www.picturesky.com/albums/userpics/11573/happyhalloween.jpg

Erm, if those are wat u wan, i dun think FJR suitable for u...

With the sideboxes, cant really squeeze during jams..

Den comes the issue of the breeze.. Yes if u can travel fast.. If cvaught in a jam, the heat's gonna kill, although some feedback they dun find it a prob..

This monster is 500+ pounds... though lighter then ST13, but easily exceeds most 1000cc sports bike so reversing this ass is really a pain in the neck, not like goldwing..

Even more so if ur trying to reverse upslope...

But of course, pple always take a second look at u if ur riding FJR i feel...

Maybe its not as common as some of the big cc bikes...

From what i know, there's a thread saying that 954 is good only if u keep it accident free.. something bout the chasis of sth... of course, seems that ur quite rich so buying comprehensive ins should not be a prob for u..

As for BB, i dun find the bike attractive.. maybe u can ask someone who knows..

bottom line is, it depends whether u wan a sportier bike or one towards the touring side.. If anything goes, 954 will be best for city riding i feel..

As for such big machines, i dont think i will want to squeeze through.

does FJR really gives off lotsa heat? wouldnt the radiator be cooling down the engine?

yes, did read thru the thread, if u buanh a 954, you can say bye bye to it. Based on my records, skidded twice on my 12 years of riding. Do find that it is rather exhorbitant to pay for 1st party insurance, especially i have not make a single claims in 12 years, d@mn the Insurance company for making insurance Skyrocks. Again, costs in Sgp only goes up, neber comes down except CPF.

BB is quite a catch to me. Especially Blue Color.

Understand that 2004 BB is coming out, thus the older model prices will drop by quite a substantial, maybe can consider waiting till next year? :D

talk about heat on this bike....

the heat can be quite a issue esp if u kena traffic jam,

temp gauge easily hits med level, anything after that, fan turns on n boy u can feel the heat. with side box on squeezing traffic can be a chore, esp with those car drivers that dunno how to keep in lane properly one. else,

a twist of throttle can easily get them out of ur side mirrors easily+ a bit of pull G effect.....hehehe, all in all, it's a great head turner bike

Ride Safely, NoT BlInDlY

talk about heat on this bike....

the heat can be quite a issue esp if u kena traffic jam,

temp gauge easily hits med level, anything after that, fan turns on n boy u can feel the heat. with side box on squeezing traffic can be a chore, esp with those car drivers that dunno how to keep in lane properly one. else,

a twist of throttle can easily get them out of ur side mirrors easily+ a bit of pull G effect.....hehehe, all in all, it's a great head turner bike

does BB has the heat problem as well?

does BB has the heat problem as well?

i dun know how fast the temp gauge rises n how fast for the fans to come on for a bb to be stuck in jam. But heat in BB is an issue as well. i have a friend who rides a bb n always like to say his "balls are cooking" whenever we idle for a while or go slow speed in confined areas.

http://www.picturesky.com/albums/userpics/11573/happyhalloween.jpg

think its like $25 can go 300km.

Wat slider? U mean the R&G crash protector? There's a picture of it somewhere in this thread wat..

Biting on the fray of my hair, I muse upon the way to find the oasis of evermore beyond the vertical horizon, I shall join the windupdeads in owl city, neither my safetysuit nor my red jumpsuit apparatus can save me, cuz I mistook a death cab for cutie in plain white T's...

FJR CONSUME ABT $30.00 FOR ABT 350KM .. DEPENDING ON HOW FAST U BLAST UR BIKE.. FOR $30.00 = 350KM R NORMAL RIDING... WITH RPM ON 2K RPM TO 3K RPM WHILE RIDING N WARMING UP TILL THE TEMPERATURE MARKS 2 BARS..

http://t0.tagstat.com/image02/5/2db6/500700oRiSS.jpgSKIPPER125(95) , TZRR125(98), MAJESTY 250(00)/RS250(00),

FJR1300(02), DRZ(06) / Hayabusa05

think its like $25 can go 300km.

Wat slider? U mean the R&G crash protector? There's a picture of it somewhere in this thread wat..

ya, but the pic not very clear leh. i thot if sum1 oredi fixed b4 can show. coz i'm considering getting this bike

FJR CONSUM ABT $30.00 FOR ABT 350KM .. DEPENDING ON HOW FAST U BLAST UR BIKE.. FOR $30.00 = 350KM R NORMAL RIDING... WITH RPM ON 2K RPM TO 3K RPM WHILE RIDING N WARMING UP TILL THE TEMPERATURE MARKS 2 BARS..

thanks 4 the input. 2~3krpm is wat speed har?

if going @ 180~200 @ NS hi-way, how long can the full tank take me b4 topping up gas again?

pai seh, since considering this bike, gotta get all the facts rite :smile:

well i 'm doing at 200 - 250km/hr if u have chance to do that .. lasted for abt 270km per stop // still have 1/4 tank.. may be lesser.. that was the last trip up to thailand... as i know/.. of.

with 140km/hr to 160km/hr abt 300km per stop .. i'm advice stop every 250km for fuel.. THAT WILL BE ABT I/4 OR MORE ON UR TANK.. u dun wan to stuck in the mid of no where...in NS HIGHWAY ...

AT 3K RPM IS AT ABT 90KM/HR MARK AT FOURTH GEAR.. AND THE SHIFING OF THE GEARS FROM 2K RPM TO 3K RPM..IN EVERY GEAR CHANGE.. TRY IT ON EVERY BIKE ,,.. WITH THE DIFFERENTS LEVEL OF RPMS BANGING ON UR BIKE WHEN U CHANGE UR GEARS.. THE MORE FUEL WILL TAKE IN AS U PUMP HIGHER ... RPMS... RITE.?

http://t0.tagstat.com/image02/5/2db6/500700oRiSS.jpgSKIPPER125(95) , TZRR125(98), MAJESTY 250(00)/RS250(00),

well i 'm doing at 200 - 250km/hr if u have chance to do that .. lasted for abt 270km per stop // still have 1/4 tank.. may be lesser.. that was the last trip up to thailand... as i know/.. of.

with 140km/hr to 160km/hr abt 300km per stop .. i'm advice stop every 250km for fuel.. THAT WILL BE ABT I/4 OR MORE ON UR TANK.. u dun wan to stuck in the mid of no where...in NS HIGHWAY ...

AT 3K RPM IS AT ABT 90KM/HR MARK AT FOURTH GEAR.. AND THE SHIFING OF THE GEARS FROM 2K RPM TO 3K RPM..IN EVERY GEAR CHANGE.. TRY IT ON EVERY BIKE ,,.. WITH THE DIFFERENTS LEVEL OF RPMS BANGING ON UR BIKE WHEN U CHANGE UR GEARS.. THE MORE FUEL WILL TAKE IN AS U PUMP HIGHER ... RPMS... RITE.?

hi there, u riding the '02 FJR? how much did u pay 4 it? does it come with the side boxes?

any1 tried modifying their side boxes' locks/latch? sum1 told me dat the latches can b easily pry opened. need advise how much 2 get seng kwang 2 mod the latch. n how long it takes?

thks... if nothing goes wrong, shld b getting 1 real soon :)

any1 tried modifying their side boxes' locks/latch? sum1 told me dat the latches can b easily pry opened. need advise how much 2 get seng kwang 2 mod the latch. n how long it takes?

thks... if nothing goes wrong, shld b getting 1 real soon :)

COS IT IS MADE OF PLASTIC... AND JOINT BY RIVETS,, GET THE MEASURMENTS RITE AND GET URSELF TO SENG KWANG..

NO IDEA HOW LONG.. COS NEVER MAKE 1, BTW WAY,, IF U KNOW HOW MUCH THE INSURANCE COST PLS LET ME KNOW I WILL LIKE TO COMPARE.. .. I GOT MINE FOR 1000K... AND THE BIKE IS BEEN A YR .. OLD,, COST 24.6K,,

COS IT IS MADE OF PLASTIC... AND JOINT BY RIVETS,, GET THE MEASURMENTS RITE AND GET URSELF TO SENG KWANG..

NO IDEA HOW LONG.. COS NEVER MAKE 1, BTW WAY,, IF U KNOW HOW MUCH THE INSURANCE COST PLS LET ME KNOW I WILL LIKE TO COMPARE.. .. I GOT MINE FOR 1000K... AND THE BIKE IS BEEN A YR .. OLD,, COST 24.6K,,

ya, datz y the guy told me better get it mod @ seng kwang

i think 1k 4 the insurance shld b quite ok, coz was quoted 1.9k 4 the new bike. 24.6k very cheap leh. i getting mine @ 26k, the ABS version

Wah.. 1000K? Thats a million... Can get Ferrari liaoz..

U mean u bot a one year old FJR OTR 24.6K?

Wah.. 1000K? Thats a million... Can get Ferrari liaoz..

U mean u bot a one year old FJR OTR 24.6K?

i guess he meant he bought the bike brand new, n the insurance premium 4 the bike now, which is oredi 1year old, is 1k

J1m got his FJR already meh?

Btw i haf..

as in service manual..

dun think itz the service manual, only owner's manual, i think.

juz got it yesterday... but the stupid strap 4 the box gave way liao, think itz the sewing problem. any of u got the same problem? i'm thinking of 'modifying' it 2 those elastic type similar 2 the ST11

btw, can the mileage be changed 2 km instead of miles? if so, how 2 do it? rather confusing 4 me @ miles...

dun think itz the service manual, only owner's manual, i think.

juz got it yesterday... but the stupid strap 4 the box gave way liao, think itz the sewing problem. any of u got the same problem? i'm thinking of 'modifying' it 2 those elastic type similar 2 the ST11

btw, can the mileage be changed 2 km instead of miles? if so, how 2 do it? rather confusing 4 me @ miles...

J1M U CAN RESET IT .. BY PRESSING ON THE select BUTTON FOR 3SEC OR SO.. WELL I DUN HAVE THAT KIND OF PROBLEM .. WITH THE STRIP, OH is better to get 1.. of those.. service manual...