SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[BEWARE RECKLESS DRIVER] - SCR2923T - Seletaris Condo along Sembawang Road

Jonsun

Hi all, sharing this incident of dangerous driving.

Please remind your friends and loved ones to watch out for this reckless driver.

Vehicle: SCR2923T, Beige colored Car, Toyota Vios 1.5E A

Driver: Chubby Woman in mid/late 40s, shoulder-length hair

I was on my way home cycling down Sembawang road, towards Yishun direction, when I reached the exit of Seletaris Condo from the left. Naturally, I slowed down my speed as there was a car turning out to the main road. After this car moved on to the main road, I continue down the path at a slower speed.

When I was reaching the middle of the road, a Beige colored car sped out from Seletaris condo exit trying to make it out while the gantry is still up. The driver did not even bother to check both side for pedestrians, presumably only looking at main road traffic to her right.

Fortunately, I was cycling rather than walking - I was able to speed up and swerve towards the left to avoid getting hit by her car. Only after I barely made it safely across, then she realized and stopped - only to make a rude hand gesture towards me.

Realizing that I am taking note of her license plate, she sped off once again, turning left and accelerating up the road despite there being traffic coming from the right. I do not have time to take photo/video evidence but the CCTV at the security entrance should have her license plate and reckless driving footage.

Given her reckless and arrogant attitude and how she sped off after the incident, it wouldn't be surprising that she remains a danger to other motorists/pedestrians. Please take note and beware of this vehicle if travelling in the area.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best make a police report or report to the traffic that nearlg involve an accident. I still dont understand the LTA concept or in their minds... some riders mod their bikes..even it is illigal they still ride slow n steady on road but those mostly stock or legal modified are the one mostly involved or csuse an accident..

They should just allow like using racing footrest, after market fairing or race fairing as long their is head light should be ok....Led lights..not allow?.. what The hell...

current bikes: NSR 250 PGM4, HRC CBR 1k & SYM GTS200

Cars :KIA CERATO H/B(05-09)

Bikes:Ypvs 125(90-92),NSR PGM 2(92-93),MBX 125(93-94)

TZr250(94-95),GSXR 400sp(95-98),Aprilia Extrema(96-98), Fireblade 400(98-00),RXZ(98-00),RVF400(00-02), Dalim magma(00-02),RXZ(00-01) Krr150(00-03),R6(02-05),Wave(03-05),125z(03-05),RXZ(08),DRZ SM(06-08)VTR SP1(08-11)Phantom 200(08-10),Fz1s(11-13)

• 3 weeks later...

Please remind your friends and loved ones to watch out for this reckless driver.

I was on my way home cycling down Sembawang road, towards Yishun direction, when I reached the exit of Seletaris Condo from the left. Naturally, I slowed down my speed as there was a car turning out to the main road. After this car moved on to the main road, I continue down the path at a slower speed.

When I was reaching the middle of the road, a Beige colored car sped out from Seletaris condo exit trying to make it out while the gantry is still up. The driver did not even bother to check both side for pedestrians, presumably only looking at main road traffic to her right.

Fortunately, I was cycling rather than walking - I was able to speed up and swerve towards the left to avoid getting hit by her car. Only after I barely made it safely across, then she realized and stopped - only to make a rude hand gesture towards me.

Realizing that I am taking note of her license plate, she sped off once again, turning left and accelerating up the road despite there being traffic coming from the right. I do not have time to take photo/video evidence but the CCTV at the security entrance should have her license plate and reckless driving footage.

Given her reckless and arrogant attitude and how she sped off after the incident, it wouldn't be surprising that she remains a danger to other motorists/pedestrians. Please take note and beware of this vehicle if travelling in the area.

you can make a report to Traffic police stating the details.

They will reply you if you will attend court if the driver were to be summoned and charge. YOU MUST SAY YES.

I did that before....

before anyone becomes roadkill unnecessarily..... we must step out and BLOW THE WHISTLE!

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b250/anodise5757/project57/Hornbulbfoggiesbanner2013_zps6e758ef1.jpg

Click Here --> <CMO> Premium Products - HELLA, Philips & Osram

Please do raise a case for such inconsiderate road users, our lives are at stake. She's need to be taught a lesson (eg, suspending her driving licenses or revoking it), and made an example to other driver. Nowadays, luxury/normal car drivers are thinking that by driving their 5-room or 3-room flats on the road, we have to tolerate all these **** from them. Pissed off.

NisMo7

Oct'01 - Sep'05--TA150

Apr'03 - Mar'05--CB400 VerS

Sep'05 - Feb'08--X-1

Feb'08 - Jan'09--DRZ/SM

Jan'09 - Present--X-1R

Sep'12 - Aug'13--FZ1N

• 9 months later...

Today I have been driving my scooter on Farrer Flyover. Suddenly, a black car (SKL536C license plate) cut into my lane right in front of me at breakneck speed without showing any signals. Meantime, all other lanes were completely clear of traffic. Is it my imagination, or car drivers in Singapore have become more reckless on the roads than 3-4 years ago?

• 3 weeks later...

Please be careful about the following reckless driver seen on Orchard Road, Bras Basah and heading into Suntec City during morning of 18 June, pretty sure i have seen him before driving in same manner.

Weaving in and out of all lanes, high speed, vicious braking, came close to sending one biker into the line of a bus;

Silver colored Subaru Forrester SJY7459P, male driver.

• 1 year later...

Close shave this rainy afternoon along Yio Chu Kang Rd as an elderly gentleman in a Merc ran the red light on the left lane while I was stopped on the right at a traffic junction.

Cars turning right of way took evasive action, thankfully no accidents.

Once green light in my favour, I caught up to have a look at driver, the old chap(grey hair) looked oblivious even as I tapped my horn as I passed him.Other car horned him too but....he carried on,not speeding through red light just drove as though the red light junction never existed!

If he were on the right lane where I was stopped,he might as well have run me down.

Thanks again to my lucky stars...

• 1 month later...