SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Malaysian NS highway

GRassCuTTeR

how fast u whack ur bike in the msian highway???  

109 members have voted

1. 1. how fast u whack ur bike in the msian highway???

• 1. i follow the 110 km/h speed limit for safety reasons and prefer not to be fined
    • 2. who cares about the speed limit anyway? kena fine, can pay later mah!

This thread is also discussed among our Malaysian bikers at http://www.sbcm.net.ms/ under the General - 'Singaporean in Malaysia' thread.

Dun brag too much here .... one day like what one of the forummer over there suggested about putting electronic tags / speed restrictors on SG bikes could suddenly become reality one day. :giddy:

Contents :-

acezx6rr

Long-timer

Posted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:15 pm Post subject: singaporean in Malaysia

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

check this out. cant decide whether to laugh or cry.

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forum/index....showtopic=61891

classicracing

Site Admin

Posted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:28 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We have our fair share as well, ace. Remember the NSX in S'pore?

nas

Postmaster

Posted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:13 pm Post subject:

OMGoshh.. ...mahuberaniQuote:

I always speed at NS highway. My friend know where is the road block and police always check most probably be. Even bus and big trucks go more than 110km/h. Anyway i've always maintain 180km/h and above.

Home sweet Home,really miss lomak cili api...

AlongNazry

Long-timer

Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:16 am Post subject:

I guess it's the thrill of getting away with it.

When my neighbour's Singaporean cousins (and God knows what) comes here, they have no qualm about littering, chewing all the gum they can buy and other things.

Although when I'm there visiting my wife's cousins (and God knows what), I feel restricted.

As always, lack of enforcement and they are laughing at us.

This is my whammy bar.

It's gonna be loud...

BlackHonda

Long-timer

Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:27 am Post subject:

haha im a singaporean

well like they say

MALAYSIA BOLEH!

Dats y we love your highways for the neverending road to speed over there

cos

SINGAPORE TAK BOLEH......

It's not about what you ride!

It's about how you ride!

hohoman

Long-timer

Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:30 am Post subject:

true true msia boleh ma

hahaha crazy i always do 180 and above....i thought below

"To achieve a withdrawal that cannot be pursued, depart with superior speed" - Sun Tzu

AlongNazry

Long-timer

Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:38 am Post subject:

To tell the truth, I love driving in Singapore. The road are nice and traffic very orderly. I can even race with my in-laws on whose car is fastest at 80km/h.

We'll exchange dirty looks. I revved the car, he'll revved the car and we'll chase each other while going at 80km/h. Sometimes I win because he didn't realize it's a 90km/h zone.

Of course, cross the border, I'll speed up (only up to 110km/h) to release the pressure.

This is my whammy bar.

It's gonna be loud...

hohoman

Long-timer

Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:13 am Post subject:

ya ya thril from 90km/h to 110km/h is about 4second,after that no more thrill lol

"To achieve a withdrawal that cannot be pursued, depart with superior speed" - Sun Tzu

Kay-J

Long-timer

Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 12:03 pm Post subject:

any of you guys realize the chick with Busa... syabas... S'pore can't go fast, but you guys can post things like that...

corner mesti mau hati-hati......

hohoman

Long-timer

Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 12:19 pm Post subject:

who chick wit busa?nvr heard,still young many things to be heard still

nik huzlan

Site Admin

Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:47 pm Post subject:

ace wrote

Quote:

cant decide whether to laugh or cry.

I cry actually.

I have foreigners who take advantage of our superbike friendly police and after having fun our roads, pee all over our Police. Not very good conduct I think and rather ingratious.

For me. any privilege and leeway our Police gives me whenever I 'unintentionally' cross the boundaries of legality will make me feel overwhelmingly grateful to them, and not gloat over the incident like the way some of their posts displays.

Guests in another land should give more respect towards the law and order of the host, much more than one would give to one's own at home.

Anyway, that's what I was taught. Maybe they teach them different down south.

Just a thought;

I have been riding for more than 30 years and can have real fun without ever needing to go down to the Island down south, but every superbiker from down south needs to cross the Tebrau to extend the legs of their machinery beyond second gear.

I guess its not too much for them to appreciate the privilege silently with a wink than to gloat over it on the WWW.

hohoman

Long-timer

Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:28 pm Post subject:

u all ever heard of radarbuster.com?

it actually help to run away from da radardetector or at least give u the much needed extra time to react once u notice uve been clocked.hope them singaporeans dont findthis website,or they have more excuses to go faster

acezx6rr

Long-timer

Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:36 pm Post subject:

classicracing wrote:

We have our fair share as well, ace. Remember the NSX in S'pore?

yes yes how can i forget. dont act as if I was the only one ahhh...

acezx6rr

Long-timer

Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:40 pm Post subject:

nik huzlan wrote:

ace wrote

Quote:

cant decide whether to laugh or cry.

I cry actually.

precisely why i posted this here. can't figure why they all so stoopid ( thats why i'm laughing) to post their antics and yet after all their complaints still cant resist leaving the ungated zoo that is singapore and cross into msia.

How u turn singapore into a zoo? just put fencing around it.

with all that regulations in Sg, the ppl there still acting like monkeys and taking the piss on msians. sounds to me like a big zoo

hohoman

Long-timer

Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:48 pm Post subject:

erm bro ace no hard feelings but the zoo thing.if them singaporeans read bout it surely some of them goin to get heart broken,not all are bad ppl in this world rite?

acezx6rr

Long-timer

Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:52 pm Post subject:

i learn from skareb

FREEDOM OF SPEECH

this not THE STAR

hohoman

Long-timer

Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:53 pm Post subject:

oh lol thats new

WildDog

Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:57 pm Post subject:

Sad isn't it.

I remember reading in a UK bike mag a few years ago - a reference to the fact that you could speed with impunity and just pay a roadside fine.

We all speed from time to time, and me being a foreigner here am always grateful for the fact that we don't have stationary speed cameras everywhere and high speed police patrol cars/helicopters et al.

Over 100mph (160kph) in the uk is a mandatory 1 year ban from driving -and a massive fine and 11 points on your license which means if you get so much as a 35mph in a 30 - you are banned again. Lets not even begin to talk about insurance.

So when I get the nice weather here.... the great circuit.... the accomodating police.... i keep quiet (which is unusual for me) and hope that noone blows the whistle and ruins it for everyone.

Perhaps that is why Singapore is the way it is - give the indigenous population an inch and they take a mile so therefore must be policed into oblivion.

Guys - keep your gobs shut - don't brag to your mates and be polite... otherwise we all lose.

Perhaps the govt. could consider mandatroy speed restrictors on Singapore registered bikes. We can make it some f**king ugly contraption you have to stick on your bike.... and insert a smartcard....

"When we were children, we were told that anyone could become president of the United States." - Now I believe it........

acezx6rr

Long-timer

Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 6:16 pm Post subject:

how many more hours till KUDU WD? and is CR allowed in now that we dont have anyone to laugh at?

WildDog

Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:12 pm Post subject:

9 days 19 hours until first practise - but thats the tiddlers.

Powered by phpBB 2.0.5

About msportbike.com | How to Sign Up | How to Advertise | Links

Copyright 2003 msportbike.com

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c213/orangefazer/untitled-2.jpg

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That sure is one long post from orangefazer. :giddy: Informative though... :thumb:

First learn stand, then learn fly. Nature's rules biker-sans. Not mine...

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/1859/11superbikesmackdown11.jpg

The more we get together, the FASTER we'll be..

Mar 93 - Oct 94 : TZR125 FF5209R

Oct 94 - May 98 : GSX R400N FK3745K

May 98 - Oct 05 : GSX R400R FN3306D

Oct 05 - June 11 : '02 YZF R1 FBF3637M

June 11 - Feb 19 : '11 ZX10R

Feb 19 - ??????? : '14 S1000RR

Originally posted by retro@Mar 20 2006, 10:01 AM

then we better quietly quietly speed.. dun boast over the net.. :cheeky:

I think if they can afford to have big bikes in Malaysia, the riders there will speed more faster than us. They ride small cc bikes already like the wind so can imagine how much faster they can ride with bigger bikes... :faint:

Originally posted by Aie@Mar 20 2006, 02:20 PM

I think if they can afford to have big bikes in Malaysia, the riders there will speed more faster than us. They ride small cc bikes already like the wind so can imagine how much faster they can ride with bigger bikes... :faint:

True!!! Today while riding to work.. got this wave... but i think its malaysian rider.. riding very fast lor.. inline with me at about 100+kmph.. they really ride very fast.. :sweat:

Iron Horses... Let's Rock and Roll!!!

Originally posted by retro@Mar 20 2006, 02:26 PM

True!!! Today while riding to work.. got this wave... but i think its malaysian rider.. riding very fast lor.. inline with me at about 100+kmph.. they really ride very fast.. :sweat:

See what I mean? Wanna complain about us speeding with disregard for the law in Malaysia when they too are the same on our Singapore roads... :nono:

Originally posted by Aie@Mar 20 2006, 02:37 PM

See what I mean? Wanna complain about us speeding with disregard for the law in Malaysia when they too are the same on our Singapore roads... :nono:

not only riding fast but also beat the traffic lights.. saw some cup kias beat the red lights as if they are back home.. well those working near industrial estates should see this quite often.. makes me wonder will them get summoned anot???

Originally posted by Aie@Mar 20 2006, 02:37 PM

how fast can they go on Sg roads huh? 160kmh meh? the most they break the limit in sg is by 30%...

but care to tell me by how many percent u break the speed limit on the NSH..?

dun tell me u break the limit by 40-60kmh oni? u say lor, which is more lethal?

a kupkia at max speed, or your R1 at max speed? :D

Yesterday was history, tomorrow is mystery, today is a blessing. I love today.

1998: honda hurricane

1999: Rxz, TXR150 gamma

2000: L2s turbo

2001: ZXR250

2002: RS125

2003: CBR900

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g43/FireBLade9282/SBFpic.jpg

Originally posted by GRassCuTTeR@Mar 20 2006, 03:05 PM

how fast can they go on Sg roads huh? 160kmh meh? the most they break the limit in sg is by 30%...

but care to tell me by how many percent u break the speed limit on the NSH..?

dun tell me u break the limit by 40-60kmh oni? u say lor, which is more lethal?

a kupkia at max speed, or your R1 at max speed? :D

Our Abang from across the causeway has spoken. No offence lah GRassCuTTeR. In my defence, when I do speed at the NSH, yes it is way over the speed limit but the roads I ride on are long and clear. No traffic congestion at all. I like to call my speeding, defensive speeding. However, the kupkia riders that I see, though they are no doubt not speeding at the speeds that I do at the NSH, they speed by weaving in and out of traffic along congested Singapore roads. Now, you tell me which one is more lethal? :confused:

Originally posted by Aie@Mar 20 2006, 03:12 PM

Our Abang from across the causeway has spoken. No offence lah GRassCuTTeR. In my defence, when I do speed at the NSH, yes it is way over the speed limit but the roads I ride on are long and clear. No traffic congestion at all. I like to call my speeding, defensive speeding. However, the kupkia riders that I see, though they are no doubt not speeding at the speeds that I do at the NSH, they speed by weaving in and out of traffic along congested Singapore roads. Now, you tell me which one is more lethal? :confused:

if u travel from tuas to woodland in the middle of the night using KJE BKE...the road also clear mah....anyway...dun tell me u dun weave in n out of traffic when there is a traffic congestion....

Originally posted by slow_sp@Mar 20 2006, 03:22 PM

if u travel from tuas to woodland in the middle of the night using KJE BKE...the road also clear mah....anyway...dun tell me u dun weave in n out of traffic when there is a traffic congestion....

I don't usually speed way over the speed limit in Singapore. You can never tell when a TP is hiding somewhere, just waiting to catch you. I do weave in and out of traffic when there is a traffic congestion but my speed is 20km/h to 30km/h... :sweat:

Originally posted by Aie@Mar 20 2006, 03:41 PM

I don't usually speed way over the speed limit in Singapore. You can never tell when a TP is hiding somewhere, just waiting to catch you. I do weave in and out of traffic when there is a traffic congestion but my speed is 20km/h to 30km/h... :sweat:

Now, you tell me which one is more lethal?

weavin in n out of traffic when there is a traffic congestion is also bery lethal even if u are 20km/hr or 30/km/hr...

scary.. i feel the heat building up.. but wat i feel is that the way they ride in singapore is too dangerous.. weaving in and out of traffic at relatively high speeds.. i have my fair share of close encounters with them in traffic jams where they nearly hit me when they cut infront of me from the other lane....

Originally posted by Aie@Mar 20 2006, 03:12 PM

well to be honest i do hate alot of those ****ers speeding/weaving on sg roads. the worst was when queuing up at the 2nk link customs every monday morning when i enter singapore to work. the rusty look on their face n their attitude on the road really complement each other. ofcos, it amounts to great danger, but to me they are just in singapore to cari makan, dats y we dont wanna bother them so much. they have nothing much to lose in singapore- wat matters most to them are their rice bowls.

on the other hand, safety on the NSH is never guaranteed no matter how fast or slow u go (malang tak berbau). personally i feel that when a superbike is travelling on the NSH, its better to go fast than slow, going fast means u leave more traffic behind n they cant get into ur way. (overtake while u can- dont give them any time in case they cut into ur lane)

but still, a clear road never means it is safe. watch out for crosswinds (seremban-malacca side), and also objects dropped from heavy vehicles into the middle of the road. i still remember 1 time where i was rushing back to malacca after finishing work in spore, when i was at the Kulai stretch, a lorry right in front of me burst its tyres. sounded like a gunshot and debris hit my car (lucky i was driving). after reaching malacca i saw one of my headlights cracked, n signal light also broke when kena the debris. on other occasions when riding we saw a spare tire lying in the center lane on NSH (seremban stretch). lucky we were on the right lane n dint hit it.

best advice when travelling on NSH, wear enough protection gear adequate to save our skin/lives in a high speed crash.

p/s: jgn panggil aku abang la... aku ni pemandu berhemat kat jalanraya :D

Originally posted by Aie@Mar 20 2006, 03:41 PM

well the Sg TP will be more on the lookout for bigger bikes breaking the law. small bikes from malaysia they normally close 1 eye...

Originally posted by GRassCuTTeR@Mar 20 2006, 04:16 PM

on the other hand, safety on the NSH is never guaranteed no matter how fast or slow u go (malang tak berbau). personally i feel that when a superbike is travelling on the NSH, its better to go fast than slow, going fast means u leave more traffic behind n they cant get into ur way. (overtake while u can- dont give them any time in case they cut into ur lane)

but still, a clear road never means it is safe. watch out for crosswinds (seremban-malacca side), and also objects dropped from heavy vehicles into the middle of the road. i still remember 1 time where i was rushing back to malacca after finishing work in spore, when i was at the Kulai stretch, a lorry right in front of me burst its tyres. sounded like a gunshot and debris hit my car (lucky i was driving). after reaching malacca i saw one of my headlights cracked, n signal light also broke when kena the debris. on other occasions when riding we saw a spare tire lying in the center lane on NSH (seremban stretch). lucky we were on the right lane n dint hit it.

best advice when travelling on NSH, wear enough protection gear adequate to save our skin/lives in a high speed crash.

p/s: jgn panggil aku abang la... aku ni pemandu berhemat kat jalanraya :D

OK, I'll keep those pointers and advice in mind. Looks like when I do go out with my biker buddies travelling along the NSH, I'll be the last bike then. Resigned to my fate of being the last man. :weep: Terima kasih, adik! :thumb:

Originally posted by Aie@Mar 20 2006, 05:53 PM

OK, I'll keep those pointers and advice in mind. Looks like when I do go out with my biker buddies travelling along the NSH, I'll be the last bike then. Resigned to my fate of being the last man. :weep: Terima kasih, adik! :thumb:

well i'm not asking u to be last la... the reason why we buy big capacity bikes is because we want power, so if we go slow- we are not doing justice to our bikes. agree? just dat always bear in mind there are hazards like these on the NSH.

:smile:

alamak adik pulak dah... :faint:

Originally posted by GRassCuTTeR@Mar 20 2006, 07:53 PM

well i'm not asking u to be last la... the reason why we buy big capacity bikes is because we want power, so if we go slow- we are not doing justice to our bikes. agree? just dat always bear in mind there are hazards like these on the NSH.

alamak adik pulak dah... :faint:

Just because I am last does not mean that I am slow. It just means that my other biker buddies are so much faster. :smile:

Abang cannot. Adik also :faint: Then what's next? Pak cik ah??? :cheeky:

Originally posted by kambing@Mar 21 2006, 12:44 AM

adik still ok..

jgn adik adik..

different meaning already..

:cheeky:

can channel 5 anot?? dun understand leh... :smile:

Originally posted by retro@Mar 21 2006, 01:35 AM

can channel 5 anot?? dun understand leh... :smile:

adik = small brother

adik adik = your two balls or someone who is effeminate

Originally posted by Aie@Mar 21 2006, 01:39 AM

adik = small brother

adik adik = your two balls or someone who is

effeminate????:confused:

Originally posted by retro@Mar 21 2006, 01:47 AM

effeminate????:confused:

Effeminate means a guy who acts like a girl. An ah qua like that... :cheeky:

Originally posted by Aie@Mar 21 2006, 01:34 AM

Just because I am last does not mean that I am slow. It just means that my other biker buddies are so much faster. :smile:

Abang cannot. Adik also :faint: Then what's next? Pak cik ah??? :cheeky:

Minah! Pantah buka! Kasi aku.... Hehe!!! :lovestruck: :lovestruck:

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h308/introspect7/JsRacingRear-1.jpg

http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/899/mainlogoir1.jpg

FB 39 H - Traxxion Dynamic Fork Kit , Traxxion Titanium Preload Adjuster , Penske Rear Shock Absorber , M4 Full Titanium Full System , Pc 3 USB , Factory Pro Velocity Stacks , BMC Race Air Filter , Gilles Adjustable Rearset , Sprint Damper , Brembo Master Cylinder , Floating Pins , Swage Steel Braided Brake Lines , AFAM Rear Spocket 47" , DID 'O' Rings , Akrapovic Titanium Slip-On , Puig DB , Powerbronze Rear Hugger - End Of R1 05 Era ( 14/7/06 )