SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

SMSA Goes SBK Racing In Japan!

Juz wonderin why was this thread closed..lots of inquiries regarding why when there are better riders not chosen for this coz no time is bullshit!There are many criterias u can choose them from like the names referred earlier..this sounds like kelong and favouritism..what i know is there is no effort at all to get the better riders and inform them.

NSR250F3,NSR250MC21SP,NSR250MC28SP,ZXR400R,CBR400 NC29,ZXR750RK,M,GG250

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Juz wonderin why was this thread closed..lots of inquiries regarding why when there are better riders not chosen for this coz no time is bullshit!There are many criterias u can choose them from like the names referred earlier..this sounds like kelong and favouritism..what i know is there is no effort at all to get the better riders and inform them.

Who knows? Your guess is as good as mine. I find it suprising too.

Like what they say, you can only see the tip of the iceberg. There may be alot more going on than any of us can imagine.

Time/Money/Social/Political Constraints, Interests, this & that...etc.

One way of avoiding this problem in the future is to mention all these kinds of events in a newsletter/website, so that everyone knows what is going on and cannot throw rumours in the air in the first place.

Extra cost? Labour? Time? These are things that go with the territory of running an association and should be provided, instead of requested.

Can't take the heat? Get out of the kitchen.

I think that in this aspect, the onus of responsibility is on SMSA to make sure information like this is disseminated.

I am sure that the "A" in SMSA stands for Association, and not anything else. Just like a good government, it needs to be transparent.

SMSA is helping to promote the sport, but must accept that it is an entitlement for it's members to know what is being done and what is planned ahead; just like shareholders. It is afterall, OUR association and not the property of any one person.

Apologies, but having a friend find out from a foreigner, about our results on a Japanese website CAN trigger some suspicions. Even more so when nobody seems to know about it.

Well, the matter was brought up and highlighted, the only mature thing to do is give the benefit of the fact that SMSA has taken note and will do the necessary to maintain the trust that has been bestowed upon them by it's members. And vice-versa, SMSA should deliberate on the criticisms and find a permanent solution that can prevent similar situations.

Lets look to the future and hope that these circumstances never occur again.

hAnG lOoSe,

Hartholomew Mamola

The REV Club

For riders, by riders, NOT SOME GREEDY F*CK OUT TO MAKE A BUCK

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/image.php?u=23316&dateline=1271137474&type=profile

actually guys, think about this. there is alot of other races going around the region.

1 of them will be Asia Pac. Last year, Charn, Mark and Jun Jie took part. but there was no news about them at all, expect from their supporters.

If a singaporean was to register for WERA or ISLE TT, do you think SMSA is gonna cover in any way.

I think what pisses everyone here is that the 2 riders were registered as TEAM Singapore, instead of some privateer team name. We all know Peter Tan is fast, and I personally dun have a clue about Esmond(could be the next charn or dol for all i know).

It also raises question of how these riders were funded in the overseas race. I was told that they all use a one make CBR150. And SMSA members will feel difficult as they have to renew annual membership to get their license.

Having said all these, I also like to bring a point.

Why local Cub Prix and Motard racers dun require to have insurance. Is it to raise more entrees per race, which will automatically increase the SMSA members which could be used for overseas race funds?

Don't just break your laptimes, SHATTER them!!

Insanity is doing the same things over and over again and expecting different results - Albert Einstein, a German born theoretical physicist widely known as one of the greatest of all time

I tink it all goes down to who is paying for the trip if they pay themselves then its open to anybody good but if SMSA den its closed..hmm so is dat where our membership money go to?Its not rite ..

Why local Cub Prix and Motard racers dun require to have insurance. Is it to raise more entrees per race, which will automatically increase the SMSA members which could be used for overseas race funds?

I agree on this point. Cub Prix, Motard races are also races.

Why don't need race insurance ? :goodluck:

I tink it all goes down to who is paying for the trip if they pay themselves then its open to anybody good but if SMSA den its closed..hmm so is dat where our membership money go to?Its not rite ..

hmmmm...i dun mind paying to get the LIC to race...but why must i bcom a member to get the LIC when smsa never even plan any event for the supersport or superbikes...

AmbaSnakeman said: "

actually guys, think about this. there is alot of other races going around the region.

1 of them will be Asia Pac. Last year, Charn, Mark and Jun Jie took part. but there was no news about them at all, expect from their supporters."

Charn, Mark & Jun Jie are somewhat privateers, with personal sponsors helping them out I guess.

Firstly in the case of Charn, Mark, Jun Jie- The point is that participation was OPEN & KNOWN to everyone. What happened in Japan was unknown to almost everyone.

Secondly - When anyone else races, we do automatically represent Singapore.

But for example, in MSS, MASSIMO NANI is registered as representing Italy (this is automatic); but in TEAM LEO VINCE SBK.

This is VERY DIFFERENT from representing our country in a team registered as: TEAM SINGAPORE

This is the main difference in this discussion. People who look at a registered TEAM SINGAPORE, are going to assume that this is the OFFICIAL TEAM of the country. Just like how they assume that Max is officially a representative of LEO VINCE, but not an officially sanctioned rider representing Italy.

So sadly, it comes back to what Throttlestop said in the first place. If you register yourself as Singapore's team, outsiders will definitely assume that they are the official team, that were chosen through some sort of selection process. Which this lacks clearly, and brings many questions to the table.

Questions that many here may be afraid to ask, because of possible reprisal.

This is exactly why I think that SMSA should chronicle all these events and participation in a log/newsletter/whatever.

Ya get me?

hAnG lOoSe,

Hartholomew Mamola

The REV Club

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/image.php?u=23316&dateline=1271137474&type=profile

ok la, i change topic for u all, before Peter Tan call me again.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/nol/shared/spl/hi/pop_ups/07/entertainment_enl_1183038986/img/1.jpg

Spice Girls announce reunion tour

The Spice Girls

The group won four Brits, including a lifetime achievement award

The Spice Girls have confirmed they will reform for a world tour to take place in December and January.

The full line-up has not performed on stage since Ginger Spice Geri Halliwell quit in May 1998.

The 11 dates announced include a London show on 15 December, eight days after the tour begins in Los Angeles.

"I think for us it was about celebrating the past, enjoying each other and it's about our fans. It was the right time," said Halliwell.

The only British date is in London, with the venue not yet confirmed. The other European dates are in Cologne and Madrid.

SPICE GIRLS TOUR 2007/08

Los Angeles - 7 December

Las Vegas - 8 December

New York - 11 December

London - 15 December

Cologne - 20 December

Madrid - 23 December

Beijing - 10 January

Hong Kong - 12 January

Sydney - 17 January

Cape Town - 20 January

Buenos Aires - 24 January

'Fears and doubts'

Earlier this month Mel Chisholm, also known as Sporty Spice, told the BBC she had resisted reforming the group in the past because "it was amazing, it was magical. We could never recreate it".

Asked why she had gone back on her word she said: "A girl is allowed to change her mind and also this is something that we have only seriously started this year really.

"I think really all of us have had our fears and doubts but we feel that the time is right."

The group have announced 11 tour dates so far

Enlarge Image

Halliwell added: "For us it's about celebrating the past, enjoying each other and it's about our fans. It was kind of now or never."

Good-natured

All five women laughed and joked constantly with photographers and reporters, even good-naturedly booing one journalist.

There had been rumours they would perform at the Concert for Diana memorial show in London on Sunday, but with Emma Bunton currently pregnant they decided not to appear.

"We would have loved to have been there this weekend but the timing has been impossible for us," said Chisholm.

As the conference drew to a close, all five women left the stage holding hands as Brown shouted, "You have been spiced!"

Global success

The tour is being put together by Simon Fuller, whose 19 company masterminded the group's global success more than a decade ago.

Spice Girls at the Brit Awards

They're all a bit mature for the old names - so what can we expect now?

Tracy Holland, UK

Send us your comments

Under his guidance, the five-piece notched up a string of hits - including Wannabe and 2 Become 1 - while also capitalising on their fame with a stream of sponsorship deals.

Emma Bunton, Mel Brown, Mel Chisholm, Victoria Adams and Geri Halliwell quickly became household names - although they were better known as Baby, Scary, Sporty, Posh and Ginger.

They sold more than 55 million records around the world, and even starred in a film, Spice World.

Halliwell quit in 1998 citing "differences", leaving them to complete a sold-out world tour as a foursome.

Since 2001 each member has since pursued solo careers with varying degrees of success, while Posh Spice has become better known as fashion icon Victoria Beckham.

Insanity is doing the same things over and over again and expecting different results - Albert Einstein, a German born theoretical physicist widely known as one of the greatest of all time

ok la, i change topic for u all, before Peter Tan call me again.

Again?

Is there something going on here?

I am sorry Amba, but you just opened up a whole new can of worms.

hAnG lOoSe,

Hartholomew Mamola

The REV Club

Dear Guys,

smsa is a non profitable organization but we still have a office barrier and a secretary to process competiton licences and other documentation for member's needs.

There are many races around the world includes world superbike, GP, Supersport and other National Champioship etc etc.

As long as you are a member of smsa and if we are informed by any other federations of a race happening in their country with warm invitaions, you will be informed by a circular. Riders who wants to expose themselve to overseas is always welcome. For your info, Esmon who went Japan was the 2006 novice champion in the local cub-prix race held in our small car park who some claim that it is a dangerous ground !!! Esmon fund his own expenses for the Japan trip, the race that happen in japan was only an invitational class of Honda CBR150RR(small cc). As it is a small cc race, Esmon was selected because he was the 2006champion. If it is a Superbike or Supersport race, Charn will be selected as he was the champion in 2006.

Insurance is compulsory for riders who wants to race outside Singapore as required by FIM and not smsa.

For national race is up to individaul(not compulsory)

We are doing our best to promote the sports within our means. Hart is a very good writer, we need more ppl like you to step in to help the sports grow in our association.

Please join us as a smsa committee in 2008 and understand how it works.

By posting a thread like this is not healthy to the sports at all, "Anour" aka HRCSGP. You can always help smsa if you have the heart and soul, please stop chipping!!! smsa fall under the sporting code of FIM and a National Sports Assocaition(NSA) in Singapore that fall under Singapore Sports Council(SSC).

If you have any further enquiries or doubts, please contact myself Peter or our competition secretary Jackson.

1 of them will be Asia Pac. Last year, Charn, Mark and Jun Jie took part. but there was no news about them at all, expect from their supporters.

If a singaporean was to register for WERA or ISLE TT, do you think SMSA is gonna cover in any way.

I think what pisses everyone here is that the 2 riders were registered as TEAM Singapore, instead of some privateer team name. We all know Peter Tan is fast, and I personally dun have a clue about Esmond(could be the next charn or dol for all i know).

It also raises question of how these riders were funded in the overseas race. I was told that they all use a one make CBR150. And SMSA members will feel difficult as they have to renew annual membership to get their license.

OK ! Amba your next race, I will bring Cheer leader and wear bikin for you. Call you for what??? For your info, I was there to help Charn change tire last year in 2006 Asia pac. You quite a ungrateful guy. You call me pick up you gal and send her to Sepang and become your cheer leader now you do this to me, huh!!!!:cry: nevermind, the earth is round, we will meet hor.

OK ! Amba your next race, I will bring Cheer leader and wear bikin for you. Call you for what??? For your info, I was there to help Charn change tire last year in 2006 Asia pac. You quite a ungrateful guy. You call me pick up you gal and send her to Sepang and become your cheer leader now you do this to me, huh!!!!:cry: nevermind, the earth is round, we will meet hor.

u call me ungrateful.....wassup man.....i still mentioned that u r a fast rider and still respect u as a rider. and even during our last phone conversation, i highlighted and suggested that members must be made aware of how the process is.

Hi jrpl39,

I do not want to drag this on any longer if there is nothing more to say.

Just want to make the following suggestions to give you an idea of how to stop rumours spreading like this and make everything transparent. This will be better for both SMSA, it's members and the sport.

As I had posted before:

smsa is a non profitable organization but we still have a office barrier and a secretary to process competiton licences and other documentation for member's needs.

Understood, but as suggested before, I think it is time for the ofice to incorporate a newsletter or even better a website, which would be cheaper with much greater access. If this topic was posted there in the first place, everyone would know and there would not be any snooping around in the dark for answers.

As long as you are a member of smsa and if we are informed by any other federations of a race happening in their country with warm invitaions, you will be informed by a circular.

Sorry to say but I am a member, and have friends that are members, but allof us have never head about this circular. Even better still, add this feature into a website!

For your info, Esmon who went Japan was the 2006 novice champion in the local cub-prix race held in our small car park who some claim that it is a dangerous ground !!! Esmon fund his own expenses for the Japan trip, the race that happen in japan was only an invitational class of Honda CBR150RR(small cc). As it is a small cc race, Esmon was selected because he was the 2006champion. If it is a Superbike or Supersport race, Charn will be selected as he was the champion in 2006.

I have no qualms with Esmond. My point here is, maybe it should be decided in a minute of a meeting that in such cases where selections are unable to be performed, the Reigning Champ gets the invite? If it was put in writing then no one could argue or object. Then this whole "Why Esmond?" thing would never have started in the first place. You canot blame people for questioning and venting their frustrations, because they did not know how it works. So make it a precedence so ther eis no argument.

Hart is a very good writer, we need more ppl like you to step in to help the sports grow in our association.

Thanks you for the compliment, however imust mention that there are many more better minds out there that fuelled my hand. I will consider the offer.

By posting a thread like this is not healthy to the sports at all, "Anour" aka HRCSGP. You can always help smsa if you have the heart and soul, please stop chipping!!! smsa fall under the sporting code of FIM and a National Sports Assocaition(NSA) in Singapore that fall under Singapore Sports Council(SSC).

No offence, but I disagree. People want to know "why?". And since this is an association, they have the right to know. If they cannot get answers, they will ask around until they do. This is what happened here. The thread was locked, but started again because people still want answers that they are not getting, so they resort to this. Apologies, but being affiliated to the FIM, NSA & SSC does not mean that everything done is right or ok. There is a problem. I hope it is recognized.

This makes it clear that there is some sort of chasm between the SMSA and it's members. Thus, more emphasis needsto be put into making the practices of the SMSA ot only transparent, but irreproachable; by scribing it down in writing, and then published. See my above suggestion.

Cheers,

Hartholomew Mamola

hAnG lOoSe,

Hartholomew Mamola

The REV Club

Ok! Your suggestion is well noted. smsa will do their best.

My suggestions:

Next year, before you renew your membership with smsa, please table down your questions with the office barrier. eg: how, when, where, why............

Rather than the questions asked right here. NO OFFENCE HART.

Or maybe the current committee of smsa is still sleeping. Please help us to help you. Thank you.

Hi jrpl39,

I do not want to drag this on any longer if there is nothing more to say.

Just want to make the following suggestions to give you an idea of how to stop rumours spreading like this and make everything transparent. This will be better for both SMSA, it's members and the sport.

As I had posted before:

Understood, but as suggested before, I think it is time for the ofice to incorporate a newsletter or even better a website, which would be cheaper with much greater access. If this topic was posted there in the first place, everyone would know and there would not be any snooping around in the dark for answers.

As long as you are a member of smsa and if we are informed by any other federations of a race happening in their country with warm invitaions, you will be informed by a circular.

Sorry to say but I am a member, and have friends that are members, but allof us have never head about this circular. Even better still, add this feature into a website!

For your info, Esmon who went Japan was the 2006 novice champion in the local cub-prix race held in our small car park who some claim that it is a dangerous ground !!! Esmon fund his own expenses for the Japan trip, the race that happen in japan was only an invitational class of Honda CBR150RR(small cc). As it is a small cc race, Esmon was selected because he was the 2006champion. If it is a Superbike or Supersport race, Charn will be selected as he was the champion in 2006.

I have no qualms with Esmond. My point here is, maybe it should be decided in a minute of a meeting that in such cases where selections are unable to be performed, the Reigning Champ gets the invite? If it was put in writing then no one could argue or object. Then this whole "Why Esmond?" thing would never have started in the first place. You canot blame people for questioning and venting their frustrations, because they did not know how it works. So make it a precedence so ther eis no argument.

Hart is a very good writer, we need more ppl like you to step in to help the sports grow in our association.

Thanks you for the compliment, however imust mention that there are many more better minds out there that fuelled my hand. I will consider the offer.

No offence, but I disagree. People want to know "why?". And since this is an association, they have the right to know. If they cannot get answers, they will ask around until they do. This is what happened here. The thread was locked, but started again because people still want answers that they are not getting, so they resort to this. Apologies, but being affiliated to the FIM, NSA & SSC does not man that everything done is right or ok. There is a problem. I hope it is recognized.

This makes it clear that there is some sort of chasm between the SMSA and it's members. Thus, more emphasis needsto be put into making the practices of the SMSA ot only transparent, but irreproachable; by scribing it down in writing, and then published. See my above suggestion.

Cheers,

Hartholomew Mamola

Ok! Your suggestion is well noted. smsa will do their best.

My suggestions:

Next year, before you renew your membership with smsa, please table down your questions with the office barrier. eg: how, when, where, why............

Rather than the questions asked right here. NO OFFENCE HART.

Or maybe the current committee of smsa is still sleeping. Please help us to help you. Thank you.

Ha! Looks like this issue will not soon go away, despite some lame attemps.

JRpl39 : TWO VEILED THREATS IN ONE PAGE? DID YOU HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE LOCKDOWN ON MY ORIGINAL THREAD? INQUIRING MINDS WANT TO KNOW.

WOULD THE MODS CARE TO GIVE A REASON? OR IS THIS THREAD HEADED TO A CONCLUSION THAT IS PROVING TOO EMBARASSING FOR CERTAIN QUARTERS?

:cool:

Hi, to all, thks for the suggestions.

They are both noted and taken into considerations.

However, putting them into words here may inhibit misunderstandings and wrong impressions, especially those who loves to 'chip' around and complain, just to add salt and pepper to confuse the situation even more. Words no matter how good being used will never beat meeting up face to face and have a good talk or discussion.

This is very subjective, nobody is right or wrong here.

As all u riders know, Biking motorsports in Singapore is still in an infant growing stage, we need people who are sincere and helpful to make the sports grow. We need to make things happen step by step, progressively. Eventually at the end of the day, everyone's objective is to have our own permanent track.

However, 'chipping' around in forums without any constructive remarks will not make the sports grow at all, yes stir sh1t is fun, but at the end of the day, nothing is still being done.

----> Hart: U know me since young, u know what's my character.

----> Amba: U also know me too.

I thank both of u guys for your suggestions. However, i think it would be better if you guys can call me and talk to me instead. Both Peter and me are open minded people and we thanks, listen and work on sincere and helpful suggestions but spit on those who only likes to 'join in the fun'.

----> Throttlestop

Your earlier thread was locked because the discussion was getting to nowhere and there was even more confusion caused. More confusion = more SH1T stirrers and more 'chipping' ppl joining in to have fun but only to make the situation even more confusing. Confuse + more confuse = misunderstand = biking scene suffer = nothing but still confustion. Nobody is threatening anybody. So i guess, it's misunderstanding again. See what i mean, words will never be able to beat talking no matter how good it's being used. There is nothing embarrassing about as i guess Peter had already answer the queries in his previous post.

So I appeal to those sincere, concern, interested, enthusiastic riders or MEMBERS, please take a step forward and call or talk to me in person. I'll be more than happy to listen to your suggestions or comments.

And once again, I say again, dun just 'chip chip' around here, we still need a lot of ppl with talents like Amba or Hart to help us out. Do it in action, dun just 'chip'.

Please also take note, if you really wanna help us out and volunteer, you must know that:

1)you dun get paid

2)dun get a good pat when everything's right or done,

3)take time off out of your own precious time to get things done

4)you get spit or cursed at when something goes wrong or not to the liking by those ppl who only knows 'chip chip'.

Well 1st of all all talk outside is like wat happened n nobody knows abt this issue and wat follows but here evryone reads n knows so y stop?Choosing the competitors to participate in the said event is like any other sports repesenting Team Singapore,choose the best by a recognized commitee based on past events for example..Question-Which SMSA rider got Podium or top 3 in the Past years MSS races in the Open category?Timing in races also will help..well let them know they are given the chance and if not taken offer the next one.

"Please also take note, if you really wanna help us out and volunteer, you must know that:

1)you dun get paid

4)you get spit or cursed at when something goes wrong or not to the liking by those ppl who only knows 'chip chip'."

Races are now organized by an event management company which get paid n earn profits..marshalls are paid also.SMSA COC is also paid.So question is y volunteer wen sumone else is makin money out of it?I rather do charity work.

Well 1st of all all talk outside is like wat happened n nobody knows abt this issue and wat follows but here evryone reads n knows so y stop?Choosing the competitors to participate in the said event is like any other sports repesenting Team Singapore,choose the best by a recognized commitee based on past events for example..Question-Which SMSA rider got Podium or top 3 in the Past years MSS races in the Open category?Timing in races also will help..well let them know they are given the chance and if not taken offer the next one.

"Please also take note, if you really wanna help us out and volunteer, you must know that:

1)you dun get paid

4)you get spit or cursed at when something goes wrong or not to the liking by those ppl who only knows 'chip chip'."

Races are now organized by an event management company which get paid n earn profits..marshalls are paid also.SMSA COC is also paid.So question is y volunteer wen sumone else is makin money out of it?I rather do charity work.

Dear Anur,

Your concerns are being taken into considerations.

But i hope that u understand the situation.

Firstly, Regarding the results part, if u visit the SMSA website, u'll be able to see past events results. Even if you dun visit the website, and if you are really alert and enthusiastic enough, you'll be able to follow thru the whole of the Kallang events and know who are the podium standings. Simple suggestion is that no need official result, just need to stay till the end of each local event till the prize presentation, take a pen and paper to jolt down who are are podium winners till the end of whole season, and u'll know who are the winners already.

Now to the 2nd enquiry. races are being organised by event company. They appoint Marshals, COC and steward to sanction and work for them for that event.

Yes, I agree that the COC / marshals are being paid. But do you know that the payments are all justifiable, pls read below, though not all are listed as there are countless of them.

1. The planning for an event does not start on race day itself, but rather when the organiser receives his first registration.

2. Logistics of COC is self sustainable and self provided, especially in the main control area.

3. COC for that event will have to make sure that event goes on smoothly and in place. From setting up, planning of programmes, to starting of the event, safety of the competitors till the end of the whole meet, they are just like putting their heads on the 'Chopping Board' if anything happens so the COC's responsibility is not that simple.

4. Even after event, ie qualifying / superpole, COC will have to go back, consolidate and make sure that all documents for the event are all in place... things like checking Competition Licenses, consolidating scorings, timings, printing results... etc, these are not easy job. Again, I emphasize, if u do scorings wrongly, u are putting your head on the chopping board again.

5. Most of local events are held during weekend. Some people even when paid will not want to sacrifice their weekend to do this kind of events.

6. For the marshals, do you want to sacrifice time and effort for FREE just to stand under the hot sun the whole day, get F$%^ by the COC or steward when correct flags are not being waved, when not alert enough, not pro-active enough during the ever-changing situations in racing?

However, if you say 'no' to payment for the above mentioned, I'd strongly recommend you and force the organiser to accept you for the next race. I believe he'll be more than happy to take more of this kind of ppl who are really helpful.

Please understand that even our National Day event is also being contracted to an organising company. The organising company thus will pay its own workers again to do the setting up and planning and organising the whole event.

Even the SAF contingent who are marching during parade ie, Guard of Honours or the colour parties are awarded with day offs, not money in this case.

Anyway, this is already OFF TOPIC in this thread. We are talking about selection of riders for overseas invitational races, but not about questions on how events are being organised or how it's marshals are being paid.

However, our main aim here is to explain let you understand that things are not easy as it seems on the surface, just in case, some 'chip chip' ppl will say we are not transparent enough.

Thks and I hope really constructive comments / suggestions to make our improve on our bike scene, but not to question on other irrelevant issues.

Thank you very much.

Suggest SMSA invite riders for a proper meeting.

Setting the appropriate agenda and time/location.

Yes, bro, I agree with you. 'Chipping' around here is no point.

I suggest a meetup with you guys to answer your queries, discuss and suggestion on the issues of selection of riders of overseas races invitation and improvements on our biking motorsporting scene.

Only serious and sincere need apply.

Time and Date: 27th July (Fri), 2000hrs

Venue: Kallang F1 Cafe

1. Peter Tan

2. Jackson Han

Thank you for putting an invite with ample time allowance.

Reading the concerns/questions above.

The proposed agenda should address:

- Objective and purpose of SMSA (by Peter/Jackson)

- Selection of riders for overseas race invitation (by Peter/Jackson)

- Transparency of SMSA decisions (input from members)

- Any other improvements to be put forward (input from members)

Invites to be extended only to serious and sincere.

Ideas/issues to be put forward maturely (no finger pointing but constructive).

------------------------------

http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u350/ahmadelmy/36elmy.jpg

Hi PGM,

1st of all I agree with the said selection process that u stated however unluckily it was not used.Also its not valid as we are talking abt the Open Superbike Category not Cubs and basis of selection is not the Kallang race so I only agree with the process if its for cub prix.

I never said that they should not be paid in fact they should engage more paid officials and I strongly agree for them to be paid.Maybe u dun get wat I meant earlier.

I know how the race process works as I have volunteered for SMSA since the 1st ever cub prix and MX races,only stopped when the event managment company took over as its a profit organization and volunteering to me is unjustified.I also agree this is off the topic and if continued in another thread.

I agree to the meeting however if we get enough participants and may I suggest,

1.Matthew or another SMSA Commitee member is present.

2.Copies of facts or any written selection process is avaliable for discussion eg from SSC or any recognized sporting organization.

3.Meeting is minuted,vetted and the sent by circular to all.

4.To discuss all categories of race selection as they differ from cubs to superbike since the tabulation of results vary from different sources.

Time and Date: 27th July (Fri), 2000hrs

Venue: Kallang F1 Cafe

1. Peter Tan

2. Jackson Han

3. Snakeman(as long no change in work schedule)