SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Q&A] Malaysia : Kuala Trengganu : Redang Island

3ddy

Hi all,

Anyone been to Redang or Kuala Terengganu ?

Need some info here.

1. Where can we find a secure place to park our bike?

2. Any petrol kiosk operate 24 hrs at kuantan?

Urgent!!! going this Sat :sweat:

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by lEddyl@Apr 28 2005, 11:16 PM

Hi all,

Need some info here.

Depends where your jetty is departing. Some jetty depart from marang and others from KT. KT got plenty of secure parking for about 5RM a day. Not too sure about marang tho. If going perhentian islands then park at kuala besut jetty. Got also secure parking there. RM5 per night.

24 hour petrol at kuantan should be no problem. Just be careful riding at nicht there. Not very lit up the roads.

oh, i always confuse marang and merang. I mean the town above KT. Below KT is a marang/merang that has ferry to kappas island.

:confused:

http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/9829/p1000544o.jpghttp://img269.imageshack.us/img269/5003/dscn4275z.jpg

VFR800 VTEC ABS since 03/2005 :

XR400 since 05/2006 SOLD

Silverwing 400 since 11/2007

CBR 1000 RR7 repsol since 5/2009 SOLD

Varadero XL1000 since 08/2010

hihi..i just came back frm there....pls b careful....there are two ways to KT....one by NS high way u exit yong peng and go by the small road to kuantan which is very dangerous coz its very dark and its basicall a one lane two way rd. once in kuantan, u have to look for coastal rd which is nice realy.full of corners and animals kekeke very fun but dangerous for novice riders...its a very intermediate route. for noobs, alternatively, u can take the NS highway to KL then take the Kuantan highway to kuantan and then coastal rd. Once in KT, u can park ur bike at the jetty, the jetty operator will jaga free for u. Redang is damn nice...managed to see turtles,baby sharks and a barracuda. n u can take the new lmt highway back to KL if u like

Once a Rider, Always a Rider.

Originally posted by lEddyl@Apr 28 2005, 11:16 PM

Hi all,

Need some info here.

Parking is no problem as Marang jetty is almost similiar to mersing jetty which has an enclosed carpark.I drove there for my diving trip wif my wifey last september via NS highway exit yong peng-segamat highway-trengganu(coastal road-2 lane road).just a reminder,best to go on sunday or public holiday as road is clear without trucks or trailers.it took me 8hrs from second link inclusive breaks.

at marang jetty,u can find all the hotel reservation reception(u will be surprised tat their package is 30-50% cheaper than what spore travel agents quoted u..!).which will provide the ferry ticket as well.tipping of car park attendants is not necessary as 70% are singaporean vehicles.

resorts?hmmm...all redang resorts are good as the water is clear and blusih green and water visibility seldom drop below 20metres.try to go the marine park and u won be dissappointed.u can see green turtles,large bumphead parrotfish to the most dangerous titan triggerfish and a shipwreck.all beaches in front of all redang resort are snorkeable and diveable.

my ratings

water visibilty -4 stars

marine life -3 stars(cos water currents are mostly warm so u dont get c

creatures of cold currents.

ambience -2 stars(tourist densely populated)

overall -3 stars(at least water quality is better than tioman)

hope it helps...

all info too late lah. but thanks :smile:

paul: u sure anot? 5 days liao leh.

none: next time we go again.

herry: how much u paid for ur pre-open water diving cert ? 800rm?

Guest R1szuan
Originally posted by ScreaminEagle@May 5 2005, 01:03 PM

hihi..i just came back frm there....pls b careful....there are two ways to KT....one by NS high way u exit yong peng and go by the small road to kuantan which is very dangerous coz its very dark and its basicall a one lane two way rd. once in kuantan, u have to look for coastal rd which is nice realy.full of corners and animals kekeke very fun but dangerous for novice riders...its a very intermediate route. for noobs, alternatively, u can take the NS highway to KL then take the Kuantan highway to kuantan and then coastal rd. Once in KT, u can park ur bike at the jetty, the jetty operator will jaga free for u. Redang is damn nice...managed to see turtles,baby sharks and a barracuda. n u can take the new lmt highway back to KL if u like

there is a barrcuda at redang island?? Wow!! You got take any pics?? nice and fierce fish.

whoz riding up there to go hols?? im interested lehh~

http://martymcfry.com/images/limpdick2.jpg

'01 - Honda Repsol

'03 - Honda Super Four VTec Spec II

'04 - Honda ST1100 Pan European

'05 - Yamaha FJR1300A (FAVORITE!! Best Ride ever!!)

'09 - Vespa GTS300 Super

'12 - Yamaha FZ1-N

Future - Kymco Downtown 350i, Xciting 400 or T-Max 530?

Originally posted by Pauche@May 16 2005, 12:52 PM

Photos are up!

Eddy - ur gmail has problem leh.... can't send u the rest of the fotos. :confused:

Nice, feels like going for a swim, when is the next trip?

Eddy si bei beng and nui.

http://home.pacific.net.sg/~none/sign7.jpghttp://home.pacific.net.sg/~none/sign8.jpg

Originally posted by Pauche@May 16 2005, 04:26 PM

next trip k.rompin loh

kekeke ... long weekend sibo? hehehehe ... enjoy ! :smile:

ah leong always say ... dunno? dont do!

http://www.ibike.com.hk/08_fun/hksm/learn_a_m/ada/s_03.jpg

Originally posted by none@May 16 2005, 03:01 PM

Nice, feels like going for a swim, when is the next trip?

Eddy si bei beng and nui.

KNN!!! which pic Beng!!! o_O

Paul: take pills lah

abt ferrying the bike there. need to check again. malaysian friend say can...but those been there say it's not possible. all vehicle park at jetty.

Originally posted by Pauche@May 17 2005, 09:09 PM

pills? i not pregnant leh... :sian:

pregnant then too late for pills liao la .. LOL

ever heard prevention is better than cure? hehehehe ....

sorry :offtopic: :cheeky:

ah leong always say ... dunno? dont do!

http://www.ibike.com.hk/08_fun/hksm/learn_a_m/ada/s_03.jpg

• 2 years later...