SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Question about PDL at SSDC for Class 2B

Giker

Hi all,

I'm not sure if this section is the right place to ask this question. But I just went for my orientation lesson today after enrolling for class 2B a few days ago. I have a class 3 license here.

I would like to know if I can immediately book for prac 1 without a PDL for class 2b? I vaguely remember my instructor saying need only apply for PDL AFTER prac 4 for prac 5 onwards. Or did I misinterpret wrongly? Cos I was just reading through the training booklet and there says PDL is needed for ALL practicals. So kinda confused now :?

Appreciate on any inputs!

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's good to check with the SSDC staff.

I remember when I was learning my 2B last year, the instructor checked for my PDL when I handed over my booklet before the start of all my practical except orientation. Heard they mentioned that PDL is required even for circuit lessons.

Before going for practical 1 as you MUST go for Orientation Lesson 1st . If not, the booking system is unable for you booking practical 1. As for PDL,

If I still can remember (updated last 2 week) that needed after prac 4 onward (even got Class 3 due to different class as you are learning) reason practical 5 going to the road. As practical 1 to 4 does not require PDL (Instructor wouldn't ask for it) as all training is inside the circuit.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

Ok.

PDL is not needed for lessons that are held in circuits.. (unless you're going on the road the same day)

I just cleared my 2A lessons last week and no PDL were needed for all my lessons... which implies to class 2 as well, and 2B as well

July 18 2013 - Class 2B (1st time pass)

Dec 03 2014 - Class 2A (2nd attempt :mad:)

Feb 2 2016 - Class 2 (1st attempt)

July 26 2013 - Yamaha FZ16ST

Feb 2 2016 - ZX-12R A1 Model

No longer true that PDL is not required for Circuit.

In the past, yes, PDL only when road lessons are involved. However it seems that SSDC has restructured their training structure. Friend went recently and got her PDL after orientation before going into circuit.

On the SSDC website, the flowchart indicates

BTT -> PDL -> Circuit Pract 1-4

As taken from the SSDC website, for the sake of information.

http://www.ssdcl.com.sg/course-motorcar-2b.asp

http://www.ssdcl.com.sg/media/courses/Class2BEFR.jpg

CL2A and CL2, no need for PDL, cuz you already have a DL.

*naturally, if SSDC instructors are practicing something other than what is posted on their website, then it's up to their discretion to not check for PDL for pract 1-4.*

http://i884.photobucket.com/albums/ac46/Tachnicolour/Completed%20works/combination_2.jpg

Convert your backlight COLOURs at : <CMO> Speedo Backlight colour CONVERSION by Tachnicolour

my first lesson, i went late and didnt give my booklet+PDL to the instructor before the lesson. at the end of the lesson, i got scolded for not giving them my PDL, if its expired, both of us will be in trouble.

so yea, you need a PDL. update the expiry date at the information counter before you go home btw, else you cant book online.