SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

TechSpec USA Grip pads

Hi,

Anyone interested to get these grip pad for your bikes. Suppose to help you "lock" your posture when braking and going through the corners.

I have tried Stompgrip which work the same. Just they left abrasion marks into my suit and fell off due to usage.

Intend to try out Techspec now and need someone to share shipping with.

Please check it out and get back to me.

http://www.techspec-usa.com/gs/gripster_sport.html

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I tried Stompgrip and they work very well. Allows you to pre-position your posture and "lock" against the bike, leaving your upper torso relax to brake and steer.

Some of the other riders may think a tank bra does the same job but with the G-force of hard braking, it doesn't even come close to a grip pad.

Only thing is it too abrasive on the suit and overtime, it yellows with sunlight exposure. Lastly, mine fell off due to wore out adhesive.

Stompgrip wanted to gave me some discount for my next set but I decided to give Techspec a try.

I figured out the price for Techspec to be $70 - $80 per set and I am going for the "Snake Skin". Suppose to be reusable so maybe it'll last longer.

• 2 years later...

There's no retailers in SG for TechSpec..I did however ordered 4 pieces of TechSpec SnakeSkin grips recently from USA..

If ya interested to deal with the guy i got it from, do PM me..

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i42/akrapovick4/thedoctor.jpg

ideally, u r suppose to use ur leg strength to grip the tank. never saw products like this on GP bikes, or even Asian GP bikes.

Don't just break your laptimes, SHATTER them!!

Insanity is doing the same things over and over again and expecting different results - Albert Einstein, a German born theoretical physicist widely known as one of the greatest of all time

But i suppose being able to reduce the force applied on the tank to keep you in position, that reduces fatigue doesn't it?

for racers... saving tat weight is much more impt... learn the hard way...

n nv argue with pro racers like amba.. he my idol.. lol...

Suck it n ride!

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn224/ervinchua_wl/633520157058579273-SignatureCelebra.jpg

You can see these types of products on some pro bikes, but admittedly, a minority of them.

But dont forget that the big teams dont need stuff like this as they have the budget to customize the tank & seat positions and materials to the rider, with the use of race foam seats (more grip), tank shapes (more "scalloping" on the tank sides to give more leverage to the rider's thigh), bum stops (to stop the rider from being pushed backward under acceleration) and sculpted tanks (that help the rider not get flung forwards when he is hard on the brakes).

Most of us however, have to make do with a generic shape and space, that may not suit our personal dimensions and allow too much space to move around the bike, forcing us to use more strength to "lock" ourselves into position.

This is why I think stomp grips are a good idea and have them on my bike.

hAnG lOoSe,

Hartholomew Mamola

The REV Club

For riders, by riders, NOT SOME GREEDY F*CK OUT TO MAKE A BUCK

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/image.php?u=23316&dateline=1271137474&type=profile

for racers... saving tat weight is much more impt... learn the hard way...

n nv argue with pro racers like amba.. he my idol.. lol...

No offense to amba i know he's an established icon in the local scene and i'm an nobody put side by side to him. :cheeky:

BUT. You don't have to carry balls until like that. An item like that as described abv is really purely a rider preference item. It's like asking you whether u like peanut butter or kaya. IF amba likes peanut butter doesnt mean you MUST like peanut butter just he is your HERO.

Btw Keith code is the writer of "TWIST OF THE WRIST" I&II. I have read both books. He was a professional and now writer/coach of a riding school. If he says this 'product' has got some use, i'd definitely not put it down as useless. However whether if it's suitable for you it's another matter.

Not trying to start a flame war, but please be informed and not ignorant.

'A little learning is a dangerous thing, but a lot of ignorance is just as bad.' -Bob Edwards

Scooter Tuning Is Not A Crime.

No offense to amba i know he's an established icon in the local scene and i'm an nobody put side by side to him. :cheeky:

BUT. You don't have to carry balls until like that. An item like that as described abv is really purely a rider preference item. It's like asking you whether u like peanut butter or kaya. IF amba likes peanut butter doesnt mean you MUST like peanut butter just he is your HERO.

Btw Keith code is the writer of "TWIST OF THE WRIST" I&II. I have read both books. He was a professional and now writer/coach of a riding school. If he says this 'product' has got some use, i'd definitely not put it down as useless. However whether if it's suitable for you it's another matter.

Not trying to start a flame war, but please be informed and not ignorant.

'A little learning is a dangerous thing, but a lot of ignorance is just as bad.' -Bob Edwards

actually after my post, i alrdy felt childish about it..

haahaa.. though i liked the grip pads..

but didnt use it currently also..

yes, it does help riders attain better grip n stability on tracks..

i watched twist the wrist videos.. muz say the stuffs he said helped sumhow.

n paiseh for ur info.. i dun carry balls..

though i nv seen amba raced b4, or seen him in real life. haaha..

but from his videos n podiums i know he's established..

juz that in a way, same as bowling, if u are learning hook, would you wear the guard n train ur hook bowling or would u rather learn hook without any supports?

there's good n bad about it..

good is that, u will learn to adapt to ur style easier n faster, u know wat u are doing without any hesitations, and u can play with the stroker styles in more ways... with the support there's only one way

bad thing is, u need to train harder to adapt to it...

n bad thing is we will tend to rely on the supports more often.. but who knows when it will wear out n slip away when u dun notice...

for me, i rather go the hard way...

=)

peace out. not flaming.. juz my 2cents.. =)

Suck it n ride!

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn224/ervinchua_wl/633520157058579273-SignatureCelebra.jpg

You pointed out a good point. But hey i guess we are all dependent on our hp's too.

Anw, back to topic let people who have used this share their opinion

yea, =)

sorry if i sounded crude or rude towards u in my previous posts. =)

hope to see u someday in pg. i'm only a newbie over there.

need to learn alot of stuffs from more experienced riders.

Suck it n ride!