SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Aftermarket Exaust Ownership

laurencio

Hi fellow bikers. A newbie here. Firstly, Happy Chinese New Year to all of u :)

Getting back to my issue. I just purchased a 2nd hand bike that came with an aftermarket exhaust attached already. I do have the certs and the inspection letters making the exhaust legal. Do i need to transfer ownership of the exhaust to my name as the cert and inspection letters are still of the previous owner? I went down to the shop personally a few days ago and the person there told me to come back in march. When i reached home the same day, i called their shop to specify the dates i could go back to do the transfer, they told me its not necessary to do an ownership transfer as exhaust goes with the bike n not the owner. I even called lta but the operator on the line sounded unsure. Im very confused now. Could any bikers kindly share their experience on this issue? It will help me a great deal. Sorry for the long story n thank u in advance.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did a ownership transfer on my 2nd hand bike with an after market exhaust on it before but that was a few years back. Cost me $50 for an A4 piece of paper some ink on it to state that it is yours. Totally not worth it. Besides if you are going for your annual bike inspection, the will normally check if the serial number tallys with your exhaust cert.

I did a ownership transfer on my 2nd hand bike with an after market exhaust on it before but that was a few years back. Cost me $50 for an A4 piece of paper some ink on it to state that it is yours. Totally not worth it. Besides if you are going for your annual bike inspection, the will normally check if the serial number tallys with your exhaust cert.

Thank u very much Rom for sharing ur experience. My only worry is if i get stopped by TP or LTA, will i get fined or get in any trouble?

Of coz im also worried if i can't pass the inspection but looking at ur experience, i should pass the inspection without changing ownership of the exhaust?

Thank u very much Rom for sharing ur experience. My only worry is if i get stopped by TP or LTA, will i get fined or get in any trouble?

Of coz im also worried if i can't pass the inspection but looking at ur experience, i should pass the inspection without changing ownership of the exhaust?

Passing inspection should not be an issue. If so happens you got stopped, tell them the distributer told you that it is not necessary.

From what we all know, you dont need to do an ownership transfer of exhaust if you are buying a bike with the aftermarket exhaust attached.

Only if you are detaching other bike's exhaust to be put on yours, you need to do so and go for reinspection.

I just bought an R6 with a temi slip on.. I just sold a cbr400 with a yoshin end can.

Deal done just like any bike, except that the previous owner would pass the new owner his muffler cert and LTA approval letter.

17 Nov 2011 - April 2013, NSR150 SP

12 June 2013 - 23 Jan 2015, CBR400RRR

23 February 2015 - 29 February 2016, YZF R6 2006

12 March 2016 - 12 May 2017, CBR1000RR05

July 2017 - Jan 2019, YZF R1 2008/CBF150

Aug 2019 - Current SYM Joyride 200