SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[DIY] 240cc Phantom Project

wdwflash

I'm only going the cc's of a CRF230f Honda, but with a hot BBR cam/springs, no-revlimiter computer with reprofiled power curve, hotter coil, 11-1 Wiseco piston, CRF230 barrel/piston/crank/rod and a whole bunch of other work. (and Barnett clutch plates/springs.) The only old part of the engine will be one side of the crank case as I couldn't get that one and the carb which I have rejetted and done some performance tweeks too. I'm waiting for some parts from America that I had to destroy to get off the engine (idiot Cambodian mechanic over torqued everything), and the airshocks. I'm headed into Phnom Penh to buy a bigger back tire in 150/80-15.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

After my shoulder injury its been slow going with my 230cc Phantom hop-up/rebuild, but I've made some progress. As the pictures show, I've installed the Barnett clutch, new oil-pump, filter and shifter assembly. Polishing the case for that side and then installing the flywheel/alternator are this weeks project. Then its on to the new big 230cc 11to1 piston and barrel, and new ported/polished head.

IMG_0065 (800x600).jpg

IMG_0064 (800x600).jpg

I installed Barnett springs and clutch plates from the Honda CRF230f dirt bike. You use one less plate set on the phantom than the CRF230F. The springs are the same. You also use the judder spring and top plate from the Phantom.

• 5 weeks later...

I've just about the 230 engine (actually 223cc) put together. It hasn't been real easy putting the Honda CRF230F parts in the TA-200 cases, but I'm close. It should go like I stole it.

IMG_0238 (1024x768).jpg

Finished "230" engine with hot BBR Motorsport cam, new head that's been ported. polished, relieved, 230 crank/rod, 230 barrel, Wiseco 11-1 piston. (just about new everything.) Also Barnett clutch and Barnett clutch springs

Pipes are twin pipes/mufflers from Chiang Rai Saddlebags.

I've also got a hot coil and BBR motorsport hot CDI ignition module.

I just sent off for some chassis parts and will try to install the motor this week.

2015-5-28 013.jpg

The engine is finally in the frame. Pictured is the right side module with the stainless steel air deflectors installed under them. 11-1 high compression will produce more heat so needs more air across the engine to cool it. (left side has a deflector also.)

6 6 2-16 003.jpg6 6 2-16 004.jpg

Everything is just kind of setting on there, but this will give some idea what the Monster-Phantom will look like when done. I still haven't installed the chrome/fiberglass hard bags and the duel pipes are not on yet as I'm waiting for some more chassis parts from Bangkok.

2016-6-07 001.jpg

2016-6-07 003.jpg

2016-6-07 005.jpg

Everything is just kind of setting on there, but this will give some idea what the Monster-Phantom will look like when done. I still haven't installed the chrome/fiberglass hard bags and the duel pipes are not on yet as I'm waiting for some more chassis parts from Bangkok.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]334811[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]334812[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]334813[/ATTACH]

gotta love the air deflector idea! Inspirations for phantom knights to add this to their bikes lol

6 6 2-16 003.jpg

6 6 2-16 006.jpg

I installed new brake disc's and pads, and am waiting for a new rear master cylinder. The wider rear tire should put a little more rubber on the road for stopping.

I found the 90 degree stainless steel L's I used for the deflectors in a hardware store here. The hardware stores here in Cambodia are usually a mess with piles of stuff everywhere. I have no idea what they are suppose to be used for, (plumbing?) but they look great on the Monster-Phantom project and will help put more cooling air over the engine as the 11-1 Wiseco piston will probably make the engine run a little hotter. For effect I sprayed the insides of them red.

Edited by wdwflash

I bought a larger tire for my project a few months ago and ended up with problems. Stock is 130/90-15 and the only bigger tire I could get in Phnom Penh was a 150/90-15. I was looking for 150/80-15 or a 150/70-15 but no one had these. When I installed the engine I found that the chain rubbed on the swing-arm with the taller tire. I bought shorty gas shocks, but it still rubbed. I couldn't find anyone in Singapore or Bangkok that would ship me a tire (and take Visa or Paypal.) My Honda parts supplier in Bangkok (Yos at Faddybike) came to the rescue. I always pay with paypal and he ships to me via postal with a tracking number. Pure Motorsports in Bangkok has a Dunlop K555 in 150/80-15, but won't ship or take paypal/Visa. Yos at Faddybike agreed to be the go-between and ship. I paypaled him the money, he got the tire from Pure and will be shipping to me. I really recommend Yos at faddybike as he is a real standup guy and so is his company as over a couple years I have bought lots of Phantom parts from him.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Main jet- #132, Slow jet- #35

I'd have a little problem doing any work in Singapore as I live in Sihanoukville,Cambodia. I'm also retired and have sworn never to work again. (Marine Engineer/Diesel Engines). I do get to Singapore a couple times a year to shop, buy beer making supplies, etc.