SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Ducati 848 2008

Ducati_848

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

seoulbikes, thanks for the advice, will consider thanks.

Coz i intend to pay 30% - 40% downpayment than loan for like 1-2 years.

Since like wat u suggest like 32K otr without changing exhaust, sounds good to me, if changing an exhaust still have to pay interest better don't change, not worth it.

:cheeky: :cheeky:

thanks ducati 848 n seoulmate for the advice n information on the 848 bike.:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

But Duke bike without the Termi exhaust not nice unless if u want to go for abit cheaper price i think Akrapovic should be the ideal exhaust.Both 1098 & 848 r using the same exhaust.

http://vne-resource.iol.co.za/30/picdb/article2/4/4/38504

My Current Ride!!!!:cheeky:

seoulbikes, thanks for the advice, will consider thanks.

Coz i intend to pay 30% - 40% downpayment than loan for like 1-2 years.

Since like wat u suggest like 32K otr without changing exhaust, sounds good to me, if changing an exhaust still have to pay interest better don't change, not worth it.

:cheeky: :cheeky:

thanks ducati 848 n seoulmate for the advice n information on the 848 bike.:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

32k is machine price. You need to add in insurance, almost 2k, road tax, IU, termis, loan arranegement fees . . . will definitely be over 35k, minimum.

But of course, can bargain lah.

And the nick is seoulNOW :angel:

Ducati 848, where would you place the IU unit on 848, seems like got no space for it.

should tell lta to make a slim version typr for all motorcycle n cars.

Good question bro,im thinking of just installing it just behind the front windshield,i know that look abit funny but other than the location i think cant find another suitable place already.

What u think:smile: :smile: :smile:

Its gonna be my only bikes, so its for transport n outing, even plan to use this bike for my wedding. haha.

i saw a space juz left side of the digital speedometer, wonder if make special bracket can fit it?

Its advisable to have a spare bike and not to use this as a daily transport bike.

well its up to individual actually ..... i believe theres a spare at the seat compartment but you might not be able to put others stuff after that .

http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc114/antonioshabirto/shoei1.jpg

http://motoplanete.com/mv-agusta/SBR11_MVVRloop.gif

meter will b partially block ... :sian:

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o22/fba8485c/n687922172_4603.jpg

万般带ä¸èµ° ... 唯有业éšèº«

***1st 848 Test!**********1st 848 Test!************

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I opened the "La Gazzetta Dello Sport" here in Italy this morning and saw the first review of the 848 (see attached) and I will translate the more important points.

DUCATI 848 A SMALLER SUPERBIKE!

YES (Si) *performance of the new motor like the 1098 *High level of performance superior to a 600 Japanese bike *Advantages: the 848 is very fast and easy to ride, also for those that aren't experts *Potent brakes, but more manable than those on the 1098, also good for those who ride the bike on the streets

NO (Non) *the pesonality of one of the top bikes, very efficient but with less emotion compared to the 1098 *the saddle is a bit slippery on the track *the price while normal for a Ducati is around $3k more than current 600's!

OTHER KEY POINTS OF THE ARTICLE:

*The sister of the 1098 costs a little bit less, around euro 14k, but offers always great sensations when riding it

*850 cc motor that is very refined and totally new with the objective of beating the Japanese 600's on their ground, the track

*this is just a smaller version of a Ducati superback and lacks nothing, offers superior performace associated with the Ducati name, which is already worth something more than the Japanese bikes (that's what it says!)

*very balanced, powerful with 134 hp at 10k rpm, you won't find any 600 rivals that can compare to 9.8 kgm at 8,250 rpm

*an "entry" level bike with the best parts, Ducati didn't try to scimp to keep the price down basically

*no mono block Brembo's on the front, but normal radial mounts with 320 mm discs, they don't have the force to stop based on just a thought like the 1098's, but this is better for a motorcycle of this level with more modulation possible - and great on the street as well.

*Apart from the front brakes it's equal to it's big sister the 1098 with light wheels and refined suspension.

*Ducati did not try to save money on this little motor! The little Testastretta Evolution was engineered with the same attention as the 1098's. The motor is very very refined with the monoelyptical butterflies as seen on the 1098 and Moto GP bikes, and the desmodromica distributin is the latest generation.

*A new arrival is the wet clutch from Carter, allowing for a much lighter motor than before. The motorcycle weighs only 168 Kg, a good 20 Kg lighter then the 749 with 24 hp more!

*RIDING: on board you fill the same sensations as the 1098. Measurments and position of the seat are exactly the same. *You find your comfort zone immediately because the motor is a monster than spins strongly throughout all levels of the rpm, and is neve in trouble. Provides a little less emotion than it's big sister but is very efficient and you can above all value from every last hp generated.

*Agile just like the 1098's excellence, great in the curves, only a 600 can change directions like the 848.

That's the translation, anything I didn't know I made up! Just joking!

no space for it. went to seng kwang sometime ago and 3 guys stood around looking for somewhere, ended up all gave up.

only place is bracket above the damper but looks really ugly.

all the guys i know with a superbike have got no IU on it.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2012/2077236656_6bb4e3234b.jpg?v=0

should have space for the IU UNIT, what do u guys think of it

Even if you managed to squeeze it there, it will be so tightly spaced that it will damage the instrument panels in the bad event of a crash. Ducati electronics are expensive, especially when they are Magneti Marelli.

no space for it. went to seng kwang sometime ago and 3 guys stood around looking for somewhere, ended up all gave up.

only place is bracket above the damper but looks really ugly.

all the guys i know with a superbike have got no IU on it.

Cuz we mostly have a spare bike :lol: Those rich ones would have a Monster as spare bike, while those poor ones like me would have a kup, ha ha. IU are best left on spare bike. Unless LTA upgrade the IU to be laptimers too, maybe we might want it on the sportsbike :cool:

Fact is, ugly when mounted is one thing, but the IU definately blocks certain views on the bike. Like on my ex 748, I can never see the temperature on the instrumental cluster when IU was mounted, which is bad for me when the Duc is a hot running bike that heats up fast.

Maybe modifying the IU so that it clips to your belt....you clip on the IU before you go out, and then disconnect and throw into a backpack after every trip. Leave it at home for the night riding?

hey guys is it illegal not have an IU??

Physically on the bike, nope. But on paper, yes. It is a must to tag an IU s/no to a registered bike in SG, but TP should not be stopping you if you dun have one mounted. Of course you cannot wait on the shoulder lane before Gantry just because you have no IU. When TP comes, you just have to ride thru and get a love letter. There's the tedious way of putting back the IU and go for inspections, but serious, how many times can you pull that stunt? Just have to exercise self control and proper route management when riding the IU stripped bike.

I used to inspect my bike without the IU. When asked where it is, I just said it was at home.

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=48008&d=1198993193

flowers: 1979-2007 (Gilera Runner, Honda Varadero, Ducati 999, Yamaha 05 R6)

#48 Shoya Tomizawa: 05 Sep 10

LollyPop: 1983-2011

#58 Marco Simoncelli, 20 January 1987 - 23 October 2011 Sepang GP

Hi,does anybody know if i buy over the numbers plate from a person,how long can i keep?

1 year by paying 1300. If you register a new bike with that number, LTA give you back 1200.

After 1 year, can pay about 1 K (i think) to renew for another year).

For me, I bought a scooter to retain the plate. IU on spare bike as well, a SW . . hehe

hey guys is it illegal not have an IU??

Not illegal. You can choose not to have one. But I got one for my bike but attached to a battery.

Ismail at Minerva did it for me. For those situation when kakis want to limkopi in town :cheeky:

1 year by paying 1300. If you register a new bike with that number, LTA give you back 1200.

After 1 year, can pay about 1 K (i think) to renew for another year).

For me, I bought a scooter to retain the plate. IU on spare bike as well, a SW . . hehe

Tks for the info bro,u should be happy right now cause u have sold off your Italian beauty,right now i still cant make up my mind whether to place my booking 848 this mth or wait till the bikeshow than pay full.Anyway my $$$ will come in mid march or early april,so what your suggestion bro?I still need to buy over the numbers plate from someone than i can reg the bike on either late april 08 or early may depend on how fast they can supply me the bike.:sian: :sian: :sian:

Im not in the hurry also........

Not illegal. You can choose not to have one. But I got one for my bike but attached to a battery.

Ismail at Minerva did it for me. For those situation when kakis want to limkopi in town :cheeky:

how did he do that ? any pic ?

http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc114/antonioshabirto/shoei1.jpg

http://motoplanete.com/mv-agusta/SBR11_MVVRloop.gif