SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Honda NT700V/650V Deuville

Gh0st _R11der

Guest GuiNNeSS

For the right price, I'll give you ALL the details u need......

In fact, you can test ride all the way home and take your time to slowly examine all the individual component.

Or you could bring down Science Park Rd and scrap the foot pegs. Or to N/S highway and clear the meter!

-----------------------------

RE: stability, up to 160 sitting up no problem, 180 you'll want to bend over but bike still stable.

2up riding, up to 140 is comfortable, 150 bearable and anything more you can bend over but pillion willl suffer (Not recommended).

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...
Guest GuiNNeSS
Yes, The DV pick up can anytime faster than a S4.

Yes, DV with SAF!!!!! :p

DV on the move rolling on torque in 3rd might pull harder, but there is NO way (except perhaps with SAF!) that the DV will out gun a S4 on a "standing start". :box:

Guinness, just out of curiosity but what bike are you changing to from DV?

Pardon my interuption, but I have chosen an old FM ST11 over newer DV650, Div900 and even PC800.

Reason: Its got style, comfort, storage, power (Notice I didn't say speed...), wrenchability (can DIY on it cos its still carb injection and not EFI) and stability.

Guest GuiNNeSS
Pardon my interuption, but I have chosen an old FM ST11 over newer DV650, Div900 and even PC800.

Reason: Its got style, comfort, storage, power (Notice I didn't say speed...), wrenchability (can DIY on it cos its still carb injection and not EFI) and stability.

Actually all the bikes you mention all also run on carbs.... :D

Still.... everyone has diff opinions and percieved needs. So as long as you chose the bike you want, most of the time you can't go wrong. :shades:

Guinness, just out of curiosity but what bike are you changing to from DV?

DIY an ST11??? you must be joking! any of the above bikes will be easier to DIY than an ST11! Everything is concealed! :giddy:

Why I ride....\"Modern travelling is not travelling at all; it is merely being sent to a place, and very little different from becoming a parcel.\" -- John Ruskin

Yes , Deauville NT650V2 2002 has a HISS(Honda Ignition Security System) . I'm currently riding one. Fuel consumption base on my exp. is as follows:

1. 300km w/o reserve valve on.(about $15 for Shell fusion)

2. Heavy but good handling while on the move.

3. Pick up was faster compare to my Ex. super 4 Ver. R model.

4. Top speed was 170 km/h (tested) but with pillion was more diffcult to achieve in 5th gear.

5. My ger say it look like X9 from far.

6. Satisfied with the petrol consumption and lower road Tax rate.

7. Plenty of storage space.

Yes , Deauville NT650V2 2002 has a HISS(Honda Ignition Security System) . I'm currently riding one. Fuel consumption base on my exp. is as follows:

4. Top speed was 170 km/h (tested) but with pillion was more diffcult to achieve in 5th gear.

2002 version ah , den the linked brakes got pose any problems? like unable to apply rear dipping to dampen breaking effect on pillion?

how about giving us a short review of the new bike based on u're riding experience...i think it would benefit the future buyers of the bike....i surely would like 1...

2001-2003 > Honda Varadero XL125 (Reliable companion)

2006 - Now > Honda S4 Vtec (Speedy transport)

how about giving us a short review of the new bike based on u're riding experience...i think it would benefit the future buyers of the bike....i surely would like 1...

Why don get a ST1100???? the difference in ins n rd tax fuel a lot???

:shy: cHrIsOnAnCe :makeup:

:box: OnE tHaT s|tS oN PoRcH sW|Ng :cheeky:

:lovestruck: aPaRt By E mOOn N sTaRs :lovestruck:

:smooch: LoOk|nG @ skY tH|NkInG :dozed: oF CB1000/Fz1000 !!!:smooch:

For comparison purpose, For my ST: I pay $380 for rd tax a year and $450 for insurance (3rd party, no NCB) and my fuel consumption is 16-17 km/l on singapore traffic. I usually hit reserve at around 400km with another 60km more to go on reserve.

IMHO, I chose ST over DV because of storage and power. The two side boxes of the DV to me is really non existence, too small... In addition, manuvere with ST on highways with 2 up is really a breeze with lots of power to back you up. Heavy but rock stable, definitely a worthy buy.

yup in total (tax, insurance, instalment (bike price), maintenance (hard to diy) , fuel economy)quite a lot ...

Personally, I like a bigger CC bike. My favourite is Haya and B.bird follow by ZXR750(the one with only one air intake in the front).

I'm standing 1.7m tall, frankly speaking my foot is not flat on the ground as the DV is rather high sitting. Moving the bike backward is difficult for a 223kg bike.

The temp. torlance for this bike is not as good as the japan made bike as it gets hot easily while at idle. The red warning light will lit up in no time if idle for too long. The fan will turn on after the red warning lit up for some time. (Spanish bike no summer?) The ex-DV owner say big bikes are like that, they say red light carry on and speed to cool the engine. He said that his Blackbird even puke coolant when it gets too hot...

However, for cornering and U-turn with just two car lane is not a problem. I bought this bike for its slimer look than ST (morning travel on Loryang and Changi village to Air Line Hse is not a joke.) My colleauge riding ST frequently has to give way to other smaller bikes as they like to squeeze throu. ( of course sometimes I also have to give way lah,,.. but not as much as he does)

Never ride an ST b4.. so cannot compare the comfort but power wise no need to say rite.

Bought this bike mainly bcos of pillion comfort unlike racer.

My bike cost $15,600 plus half yr rd tax, 1 yr insurance, IU and ....that's all. Sell my FN super4 ver r R for $5,500 so trade in the bike with annual interest 4.5% monthly @249 for 48 months

2002 version ah , den the linked brakes got pose any problems? like unable to apply rear dipping to dampen breaking effect on pillion?

Hi,

The combine brake system dun give me any problem in fact it is good in the way it forbid me to use only my front brake too often...but my rear brake did give me headache. The first day of collecting my bike was an unpleasant one. The rear braking pad got jam and the rear wheel lock. I have to wait for 10 mins to cool down the braking fuel so as to release the lock of my rear wheel. (Maloo man..FU plate somemore) got it fix it for free of course.

yup in total (tax, insurance, instalment (bike price), maintenance (hard to diy) , fuel economy)quite a lot ...

Engine Capacity

Engine Capacity (EC) Existing Road Tax Formula (per annum) New Road Tax Formula* (per annum)

EC = 200 cc $100 (flat rate) $80 (flat rate)

200 cc

EC > 1,000 cc $420 + 1.0 x (EC – 1,000) $320 + 0.6 x (EC – 1,000 )

Guest GuiNNeSS

You should be able to clear the speedometre, but at the top end, there will always be a larger discrepancy.

You got 300 w/o reserve! Good..... i usually only manage 280ish.... i once managed 385km (inc reserve) and still managed to get to a petrol station. A little harder to achieve once you run in the engine, cos you will tend to hold the gears for just a little bit longer.

Overall GOOD everyday bike. :cheer: