SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

pathetic shorty learner is desparate..

cliodx

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bbdc have honda sonic for shorter learners, but im not too sure how short it is, it doesnt really look much shorter than the regular low cut cb125, it seems to be more for lighter weight and easier handling i think, need to ask sonic riders about this.

http://i44.tinypic.com/54c3gg.gif

Let me give u a completely opposing example:

i am 1.9m, yet i took 200+ lessons to pass. why? cos when ur leg is long, u tend to use ur leg to stop the bike. this is super dangerous, and i fell so many times until my legs are full of "battle marks" from learning bike. i even begin to think may be shorter is better.

then, 1 day it dawned on me tat it doesn't reali matter the length of your leg. it is how you coordinate your body posture and remember one key thing - LOOK FAR AHEAD. the thing that realli control ur bike is ur body, or more crudely, ur butt. u shd focus on the way tat u look at road condition, then ur body will align and u will make it! good luck to u!

I'm also 1.9m tall,2B TP 5X and many many lessons to get to TP. Dun be discourage. For us tall ppl,we also have problems. Sitting postures is one hurdle we've got to handle. I've got to sit alittle behind towards the pillion seat(cos my legs r long),thus i wasn't really steady when it comes to cornering. Different ht has plus n minus pts and takes time to adjust...

Dun be discourage! U can do it!!!

Cheers...

Yesterday at CDC TP test there was a lady who was quite short. I dun want to guess her height cos wait guess wrongly. Anyway I am 1.6 and she is shorter than me. She passed her class 2 beautifully.

So there's your proof that anyone can do it!!! Dun give up!!!

bbdc have honda sonic for shorter learners, but im not too sure how short it is, it doesnt really look much shorter than the regular low cut cb125, it seems to be more for lighter weight and easier handling i think, need to ask sonic riders about this.

in order to ride sonic during prac lesson and tp, your height must be 150cm or lesser and you will also need to seek permission from the chief traffic police officer.

:)

15/9/08 - 2B

11/10/08 - Yamaha Fino

Yesterday at CDC TP test there was a lady who was quite short. I dun want to guess her height cos wait guess wrongly. Anyway I am 1.6 and she is shorter than me. She passed her class 2 beautifully.

So there's your proof that anyone can do it!!! Dun give up!!!

:lovestruck:

:shy:

hehehehe...

The tree-lined avenue

Begins to fade from view

Drowning past regrets

In tea and cigarettes

But I can't seem to forget

When you came along

Ingenue, I just don't know what to do

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/joe_007/bikerchick2.jpg

-KENANGAN MOTO TERCINTA-

• 2 weeks later...

im about 1.7m average height guy with about 58kg of mass. LOLS.

well i fell once on 1.02 when playing the small circle @ BBDC beginner circuit.

then today 2.02 i fell quite a lot of times. at least u got blueblacks only. my first fall today was way worst. falling when turning left, then my left glove tear and my palm is full of cuts. my elbow too. (: but still i booked tmr again for lesson (: be brave and passionate for the license u will make it.

• 3 months later...

i seen a lot mentioned that height is not a problem when come to riding.. as understooded that once the bike is moving.. the height is not a problem.. what about traffic jams?

parking? when parking if ur foot cant reach the ground, how are u going to push the bike to park?

With 1 leg? What about slopes? CAn any experienced rider advise?

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn161/daretoridealone/Lonerahmi.jpg

Miracle it is, when said.

i seen a lot mentioned that height is not a problem when come to riding.. as understooded that once the bike is moving.. the height is not a problem.. what about traffic jams?

parking? when parking if ur foot cant reach the ground, how are u going to push the bike to park?

With 1 leg? What about slopes? CAn any experienced rider advise?

in times of traffic jams, control the rear brakes as though you're doing narrow plank. Your bike lessons have thought you the essential in surviving outside.

Its related somehow if you notice ;) For scrams, some stop and step on kerbs or cars' tyres(which ain't really good) or use their left leg to hold the bike when stationed.

Parking? I've already explained to you before, don't go in head first if you can't push it out of a upwards slope. Go in head first first if its an dowwards slope you're gonna push the bike out. Makes sense?

in times of traffic jams, control the rear brakes as though you're doing narrow plank. Your bike lessons have thought you the essential in surviving outside.

Its related somehow if you notice ;) For scrams, some stop and step on kerbs or cars' tyres(which ain't really good) or use their left leg to hold the bike when stationed.

Parking? I've already explained to you before, don't go in head first if you can't push it out of a upwards slope. Go in head first first if its an dowwards slope you're gonna push the bike out. Makes sense?

i go in back first.. but i get down to push.. i thinking is there any way that u dun have to get down n push..

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn161/daretoridealone/Lonerahmi.jpg

Miracle it is, when said.

• 1 year later...

Dear All,

Please kindly take note that this thread will be lock @ 0001hrs on 04 August 2010.

Kindly direct all your future discussions to:

ComfortDelGro Driving Centre (CDC)

Class 2B @ CDC

Class 2A @ CDC

Class 2 @ CDC

Class 3/3A @ CDC

Thank you for your kind understanding.

Regards,

MiCmAsTa

singaporebikes.com