SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Group] HONDA Hornets' Nest 250/600/900

Motrax33

which one will u take?  

272 members have voted

1. 1. which one will u take?

Hi guys,

I was rummaging thru my store and realised i still have the Original Parts off my 2002~2003 Hornet 900.

Pls check out the photos if there are any parts you need just sms me at 94741631.

All parts selling really cheap...

Hornet parts 01.jpg

Hornet parts 02.jpg

Edited by vchua

• Replies 14.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

heh good idea. was thinkin of using toothbrush to polish the engine head wher the silver part is. LoL i haven got my bike and i'm thinkin so much already :cheeky:

HEHE soon bro soon u will enjoy the polishing

Beating a Honda is like banging a fat chick. Everyone can do it but who wants to brag about it....

WELCOME TO THE DARKSIDE!!!

Hi there Touch n Go,

Have you bought your Hornet yet?

it's been weeks since i pop by the website ... how's life bro?

still have your eyes on the HORNET 250?..

Cheers ... !

RapidThinker.

Hi bro, haven seen u for quite sometime, how u man? i'm fine, passed my tp, should be getting my H250 next week from bro kman.

:cheeky:

have been wanting to get this bike since my poly days but din have enough finance to maintain. things getting better after started work.hehe. this is so far the best bike with lower maintenance and big bike handling.

cheers!

guys, anyone know where i can get crashbar for the old hornet 600?

Jan 05 - Mar 06 : Honda NSR150SP

Mar 06 - Mar 07 : Suzuki RMX250

Mar 07 - Sep 07 : Honda XR400R

Aug 05 - Nov 09 : Honda XR125L

Sep 07 - Nov 09 : Suzuki GSR400K7

Mar 09 - Present : Yamaha R6'06

Nov 09 - Present : Honda Hornet 600

Hi Touch n Go,

Congratulations in getting your 2A !

Wow.... getting your H250 next week hharrrhrr... colour, age,...?

It's a fun bike with GREAT POWER.... so... RIDE SAFE ... Bro.

I have been away for some time due to the tremendous amount of work which i have to spend time working on even while coming back at home from work... heeehee...

NO TIME to 'snake' .... !!!

Also.. had been hospitalised due to food poisoning.... aiyooo... so sick tat i need to sit beside the toilet bowl .... "a very much different version of the ANDY LAU MTV"...hahaha...

Anyway,... just discharge from the hospital over the weekend and now on hospitalisation leave... for the week. "Jia Lat" right... :cry:

I am recovering.... but, you know what... i have not ride my H250 for the past one week... since last Thu. Don't even know whether it will start....hahhahaha

Come to think of that... i think i will have to 'crank' it after dropping this mail....

Well, bro,.. RIDE SAFE and hope to hear from you again in this forum...

Cheers!!!

Rgds,

RapidThinker

"NO BUANG NO RIDER... NO CRASHED NO BIKER... BIKER RIDES ON FOREVER"

Rgds,

RapidThinker

Hi bro RapidThinker;

glad to c ur reply agaiN! i'm getting a blue one, but got plans to respray into lime green :cheeky: . FW plate. getting it for transport,hehe i think 250cc is gd enuff for sg roads.

oh man better take care of ur health, food poisoning sucks, shitting water and cant eat anything. ha andy lau mtv, u can make a local version! hah jk hope u'll recover soon.

anyway will a bike be unable to start after 1-week of parking? will the batt die? i always hear ppl say need to start bike at least once every 3days if not the bike cannot start, mmm...

lastly hope u can ride ur H250 again soon without butt pain :sian: . take care!!

hey guys! anyone want to have a meet up sometime this month? maybe slack at Dam or something haha..exams over loh

hi bro, will be getting mine on 8dec. should be free on that week or last week of dec. hope to have a H250 meet up thou only have few of us. :cheers:

Hi bro RapidThinker;

glad to c ur reply agaiN! i'm getting a blue one, but got plans to respray into lime green :cheeky: . FW plate. getting it for transport,hehe i think 250cc is gd enuff for sg roads.

oh man better take care of ur health, food poisoning sucks, shitting water and cant eat anything. ha andy lau mtv, u can make a local version! hah jk hope u'll recover soon.

anyway will a bike be unable to start after 1-week of parking? will the batt die? i always hear ppl say need to start bike at least once every 3days if not the bike cannot start, mmm...

lastly hope u can ride ur H250 again soon without butt pain :sian: . take care!!

Yo, Touch n Go,

thanks bro.. for the concern.

Fyi, the bike crank pretty well without difficulty when i try starting it after a long week... heehee.. as expected!.:angel:

I disagree with what you have heard about not starting the bike for 3days and it quits to crank.... if the bike's dynamo and coil system works well and if the person ride it daily, chances of getting a good charge on the battery is very high... in another words, it means that the battery is fully charge.... just like the handphone, it can standby pretty long... unless, there is a 'leak' somewhere in the electrical wires or it's connected or wired to an alarm system which will drained up the battery...!

Oh yes... word of advise, ... remember to change to a new battery immediately you got your bike... Reason.. ONLY ONE... to avoid riding a bike with a 'dying' battery without knowing.

A popular Yuasa battery can last easily about 1year 10mth.(my experience with my HORNET250). However, i usually changed it at about 1.5yrs. it cost about S$70 from Ah Boy. U can easily changed the battery yourself, just remember the way it's being removed... and install it back the same way that it was being taken out...! (its' important on the orientation of the connecting probe)

Oh yes... to check your battery life, you may sound your horn to find out.. :cheeky: remember to sound it without starting the engine...! Of course, the easiest way in the current market is to install a voltmeter...:angel:

Anyway,.. hope to see your bike around sometime, ... somewhere...

cheers!

Rgds,

RapidThinker

Hi guys,

Finally, got my chance to change my chain for my H250.

EK Gold Chain w/ O-ring plus the sprocket(Front 14 and Rear 45 teeth)

I believed it's the First time that i try out the EK GOLD CHAIN w/ O-RING.

I was actually looking forward to change to a RK initially, but, since the EK CHAIN was highly recommended and it's from Japan, ... why not..hheehee..:angel:

The Quality of the chain looks prettey 'solid' and upon installation, it works pretty well with the Italian sprockets... surprisingly, i hear 'no sound' while cruising with these new sets of combination. under high and low speed... :cheeky: ... the result is quite Satisfactory.

Total cost for the sets plus installation is S$140. I remember that i have not change my Hornet's chain for at least 4years.... since SEP2005.. approximately about 60,000KM... NO KIDDING!... Hornet250 is really the best bike that i have ever ride without having to keep adjusting the chain too... :cheers:

If i recall correctly, for these four years, i have only adjusted the chain about 5 times only... :thumb: ... It was a RK GOLD CHAIN w/ O-RING and original honda sprockets.

The shop said that the EK GOLD CHAIN w/ O-RING is 'better' & can last at least 1.5yrs... But, upon realising that my current chain lasted about 4years, he actually recommended THL THUNDER.. where he claims that it is the No. 1 Trusted Chain in Japan... He also mentioned that the chain can last so long that you can even change 3x the sprockets sets and yet the chain will not wear and 'break'.... of course, it will cost another S$60 for the THL chain.

(very interesting recommendation.... which i have doubts about not changing chain and sprockets as a set...)

Anyway,... I hope this change for the EK brand could last me.... perhaps.. another 3-4years... :shy: .. Honestly, i think i wouldn't mind if the chain and sprocket can last for two years.

Well, that's what i can share on my CHAIN AND SPROCKET issue. Hope to share more in other areas in the future also.

Cheers!

Rgds,

RapidThinker

hey bro googled around for you, found this :)) not so ex i guess, its 328bucks for the DB-01R, not a bad price i must say considering OEM is about 200+,

anyway heres the link

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=262768

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5990697

"I don't trust any bike I can't see through" - jay leno

Welcome touch and go guys to the hornet family as of today he is officially a Hornet 250 owner a bit sad to see it go though

Beating a Honda is like banging a fat chick. Everyone can do it but who wants to brag about it....

Welcome touch and go guys to the hornet family as of today he is officially a Hornet 250 owner a bit sad to see it go though

many many thanks bro kman!! really enjoy the bike, ultra smooth and almost no noise compare to S4. bro kman really maintained well!!

hope u get ur dream bike soon! :cheers:

bro.. check out the sp tadao legal exhaust for hornet 250.. sweet man...

cash problem only.. lol

hehe thats a jaw-dropping upgrade! 2K!!! hehe thou i prefer the original look of the exhaust, mine is damn quiet, abit like tp bike while cruising.. :cheeky:

enjoying every bit of it now... :thumb:

juz saw a hornet 250 at yck road, looks like a silver one.. is that u bro Rapidthinker???? was turning right and heard a whinning noise coming from another road, only H250 have that noise while engine braking.sweet!

bro.. check out the sp tadao legal exhaust for hornet 250.. sweet man...

cash problem only.. lol

The legal hornet exhaust not worth it i feel la casue the perfomance is not tested as compared to wat the ppl overseas use. Sadly since the popularity is low here we did not get it. For the hornet at least if u do the exhaust u need to do the jetting not sure if any one does it here and also air filter good luck wif finding an after market one. I personally feel stock is best and it does wat its ment to excellent for commuting and carving the corners.

hmm well i changed mine at planet motor, can't remember the price, but reasonable i think.

i feel like buying jetting kits for my hornet 250 ! , but i don't think dynojet makes it, i suspect there are jap brands that do....

yea bro kman is right actually, to have a significant power increase you have to enhance the 1) air delivery (hi-flo air filter) 2) fuel delivery (jetting) 3) exhaust flow (full system exhuast).

"I don't trust any bike I can't see through" - jay leno