SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Ride from Singapore to Bangkok end August 2015

TheRead

Hi All, I'm taking time out from my life to ride through South East Asia. Ive been in Singapore 8 years and its time to take a break and go on a long bike ride. My journey will not end in Bangkok, but its a great place to target as a start point.

I'm looking for anyone who would like to start my ride with me? Some info on me.

- My bike is a GSXR 1000

- My ride pace is fairly fast, certainly quicker than the speed limit, but safety is always the main concern.

- I'm male who is 40 years of age and happy to go with the flow.

- Budget wise I'm happy to stay in nice hotels, or cheap dumps along the way. Its all about the road and the experience.

Ive done this trip 4 times before. Each time Ive been in a rush to get into Thailand. This usually means blasting up the Malay Highway from SG to Thai boarder in one day. I'm considering a change and taking a more relaxed pace this time around. I'm thinking that the Malaysian Highlands with twisty roads and small towns may be more interesting?

Any advise or help you can give on the following:

1- Riding the Malay highlands over taking the freeway. pros /cons etc

2- Any information on the Ketlantan thai boarder. Can I cross or do I need to head through the usual boarder.

3- Any other advise welcome.

Anyone interested in doing part of my journey with me please let me know.

Cheers

Steve

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic