SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Newbie's first 2b bike and first servicing

hi all

Today i went to a shop at jurong to do servicing. Can you all help me judge whether is it fair price?

Im riding Honda phantom TA 200

The foreman claim needs 1.5 litre engine oil though i read around is need 1 litre.

So charge me $16 for 1 litre total $32. He claim is castrol active though pour from general pourer. So keep half a litre for next time.

Rear brake pad korea brand daelim . $32

Front wheel bearing spoil. $20 per bearing. Needs 2 .. So $40

Ngk spark plug $7

Oil chain and check blow air filter foc

Total $111 and need add gst becomes $118.77

All comments much appreciated

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi all

Today i went to a shop at jurong to do servicing. Can you all help me judge whether is it fair price?

Im riding Honda phantom TA 200

The foreman claim needs 1.5 litre engine oil though i read around is need 1 litre.

So charge me $16 for 1 litre total $32. He claim is castrol active though pour from general pourer. So keep half a litre for next time.

Rear brake pad korea brand daelim . $32

Front wheel bearing spoil. $20 per bearing. Needs 2 .. So $40

Ngk spark plug $7

Oil chain and check blow air filter foc

All comments much appreciated

Daelim rear brake pad about 44 dollar from CKA which is the sole agent of DAELIM. seems ok to me. But better check with other TA200 riders.

perhaps this would help a bit if you wanna diy and guess if what u paid is fair or not?

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php/244355-Phantom-TA200-How-to-DIY-Guide%28with-Pics%29-Updated!-10-12-14

for the engine oil I'm not too sure how much is castrol active per litre....but of coz u can make a comparison with uniquemotor's prices...their prices I believe are reasonable inclusive of labour.....I would strongly advice you to check your engine oil dip stick every 1000 km as TA200 have a tendency to eat engine oil....I was one of those goondo blokes who are used to 3000km engine oil level checks with 3.2 litres engine oil sumps...and the TA200 unfortunately piston jammed when i did not check after 1500km....... and had to overhaul it...ah chong from planet said the engine oil no oil and I had just changed the engine oil 1500km before that...

.the above link would be helpful in guiding u how to check....

http://www.uniquemotorsports.com.sg/index.php/EconfigPressevent/Download?value=P7.pdf

for the Rear brake pad korea brand daelim . $32( a bit overpriced I believe but maybe other brands usually cost around $18 inclusive of labour but hopefully fellow Ta200 racers can update me..)

Front wheel bearing spoil. $20 per bearing. Needs 2 .. So $40( should be around that price inclusive of labour)

Ngk spark plug $7( could be cheaper if you diy)

Oil chain and check blow air filter foc( u should oil ur chain every 500km to keep it in good working condition....)

Hope the above link will help in your journey in diying ur own bike....cheers

anyways I would stay away from any shop which charge gst after quoting you the price......its like being a carrot!

I ride at 70km/hr only...please please dont blow2 at me or overtake me dangerously....wait i change into Incredible Hulk n dont know why my little baby bike will always be ahead of u if u do that

• 3 months later...

from my experience, I always top up 1.5L of engine oil. been riding phantom TA200 since 2013, some say 1L is the correct one, which is what is stated in the owner's manual. but so far, no problems for me in topping up 1.5L, i change the oil once every 2~2.5km, $18 per litre, but had to buy 2 bottles, then next eo change bring the half filled bottle and buy another bottle.

sparkplug price is alright.

not sure about the rest, because i didn't need to change all those.

add gst? hmmmm..... not sure if all shops are like this, cause i have never had this happened to me.