SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Group] SUZUKI Bandit

Guest ThirtyThree

Originally posted by rocketman2@Mar 2 2004, 03:33 PM

ok, i thought u were selling yrs away hence the sale. Ok, will look thru the garage thread.

Update

Right now, my bike doesnt hav the sputtering problem like spark plug prob but the story is like this.

Starting the bike is slightly difficult, hav to crank slightly longer and turn more throttle before the bike starts up. Now when the throttle is constant, the bike is ok but the moment it is on idle, the engine dies.

Now to start it up wld require me to switch off the ignition and leave the bike for a while before i can start it again, prob a min or 2. I think itz the battery so I will hav to take a look at that.

2nd problem is the engine sounds rough when at low rpms. sounds like something is funny so i wld probable hav to compare wif some of u guys the next time round.

Itz guan hoe here I come but no $$ at the moment.

Could b ur batt weak or stator motor carbon brush goin to finish. Is the cranking power or not..??when is ur last servicing..??could be ur plug or carburettor.But sometime ur tank could be water inside it.my bandit kena b4.diff to start and sometime start already miss fire!!!:goodluck: :goodluck: :thumb:

OnLy ThE StRoNg SuRvIvE..!!!!

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i overhual my bike liao.but alot part got prob n if really do everything,might as well bike a new bike lor.n the parts r not the same as the normal bandit lor.have 2 order frm japan.he just help me 2 change those i need 2 change and repair those tat can be repair 2 safe cost lor.as i mention on my previous msg liao.if go 2 guan hoe i have 2 waste another sum of $$ again.if they open up the engine...

It does not matter on the absolute weight. It depends on how long you

hold it.

If we carry our burdens all the time, sooner or later, we will not be able to carry on as the burden becoming increasingly heavier.

{ Jan 2002~Jul 2003} - phantom 150 [FQ9354J]

{ Jul 2003~Mar 2004} - Bandit V400 GSF400 [FN9088T]

{ Mar 2004~Aug 2005} - Super 4 V S CB400 F3VJ [FQ 647Z] gone with accident on 140805

{Oct 2005 ~ 10yrs times more} - Toyota Corolla Altis [sFZ xxxxx]

An0ther offer from Yahoo Auto..

Suzuki Bandit 400. new paint job(Super four Metallic Blue), Givi Topbox, New Tyres, recently serviced, COE till 2012, Ins & road tax till November 04. CALL IMP - 96908982

Date Posted: 03/01/04

Sold As: By Owner

Price: $ 1,500.00 (Negotiable)

Category: Motorcycle

Colour: Blue

Year: 1992

Mileage: 9,999

Road Tax Expiry: 11,2004

Condition: New

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Email: [email protected]

Kenneth ;)

Leisure riding...explore riding... but not FREE RIDING

Telur sebiji, riuh sekampung! - (Direct translation) Lay one egg, tell whole village

BTW any of u guys tried the Nippon Denso U24ETR ?? hows the performcae and does it overheat the bike easily?

Or u guys only use the NGK CR8EK ??

from the manual both models oso recomended..any comments?

Kenneth ;)

Telur sebiji, riuh sekampung! - (Direct translation) Lay one egg, tell whole village

Originally posted by chee_teck@Mar 2 2004, 08:33 PM

BTW any of u guys tried the Nippon Denso U24ETR ?? hows the performcae and does it overheat the bike easily?

Or u guys only use the NGK CR8EK ??

from the manual both models oso recomended..any comments?

U try loh, n let us know. hehehe

If recomended by the manual, I dun think should have any problem.

But I suggest u read up on that plug, is it suitable for our climate n your style of riding?

I know some plugs are for long distance riding use, and some are made for different kind of riding style.

Good luck.

Originally posted by RG@Mar 3 2004, 12:05 AM

U try loh, n let us know. hehehe

If recomended by the manual, I dun think should have any problem.

But I suggest u read up on that plug, is it suitable for our climate n your style of riding?

I know some plugs are for long distance riding use, and some are made for different kind of riding style.

Good luck.

The shop man tell me to get the "cooler"(low number) one if i go long distance riding often. Get the "hotter"(higher number) one if i want easy start in the morning. Chances is i will stick to the model stated by the manual la. Prefer stock things.

Actually, i did read something in the spark plugs webbie until dizzy only understand less than 25% of their story haha. U got a more simple language webbie to recomend?

And no one actually tried the Denso plugs before? Denso plugs cost $3.50 while NGK cost $7 leh.... double man...Denso plugs according to the Suzuki Parts dealer (KS something tht shop name) are from China so cheaper. AMS(parts dealer for yamaha n piaggio) is selling the Denso plugs for $3.50 ...

how how? anyone tested the denso plugs?

Kenneth ;)

BTW one of the websites tht compare spark plugs put:

Nippon Denso U24ETR = NGK CR8EK

$3.50 vs $7

BTW if u guys wana get Suzuki Original Part DIY there is this shop KS dunno wht..along Jalan Besar.

Original plug cap : $20

CR8EK spack plug: $7

Oil Filter: $13 (cant remember exactly amount but confirm more than $10)

its a hiddne shop on the right handside few shops away from this shop that sell SPYKE apparels... not too sure the address i gotten from the shoplist correct or not

K S Motorcycles Co 127 Jln Besar Singapore 208845 6294 9316 6294 0232

Auto Machinery (AMS) 5 Verdun Road #01-04/05 SPA Building, Singapore 207274 62929452

Kenneth ;)

Originally posted by chee_teck+Mar 3 2004, 01:16 AM-->
QUOTE (chee_teck @ Mar 3 2004, 01:16 AM)
BTW one of the websites tht compare spark plugs put:

Nippon Denso U24ETR = NGK CR8EK

$3.50 vs $7

its a hiddne shop on the right handside few shops away from this shop that sell SPYKE apparels... not too sure the address i gotten from the shoplist correct or not

K S Motorcycles Co 127 Jln Besar Singapore 208845 6294 9316 6294 0232

Auto Machinery (AMS) 5 Verdun Road #01-04/05 SPA Building, Singapore 207274 62929452[/b]

LAB sells them for about $8, but I've always insist on getting from GH @$12 each.

The material n colour of the plugs is alittle bit different.

Go get one and compare it yurself den u'll know wat I mean.

I used the LAB ones as backup when I go touring.

Anyway, I dun need to change plugs tat often.

Occasionally, I belif that 'Cheap things not good, Good things not cheap'.

So, I dun save on things that has to do directly with the engine.

I dun wan to try my luck wif a 10 yr old bike.

U can try n let us know.

Originally posted by RG+Mar 3 2004, 11:24 AM-->
QUOTE (RG @ Mar 3 2004, 11:24 AM)
LAB sells them for about $8, but I've always insist on getting from GH @$12 each.

The material n colour of the plugs is alittle bit different.

Go get one and compare it yurself den u'll know wat I mean.

I used the LAB ones as backup when I go touring.

Anyway, I dun need to change plugs tat often.

Occasionally, I belif that 'Cheap things not good, Good things not cheap'.

So, I dun save on things that has to do directly with the engine.

I dun wan to try my luck wif a 10 yr old bike.

U can try n let us know.

Kenneth ;)

Originally posted by RG@Mar 3 2004, 11:24 AM

I remember we just told u tat GH selling oil filter for about $8 ?

That 'KS dunno wht..along Jalan Besar' selling oil filter selling at $13, and u still recomend ppl to go there n get chop ah? :nono:

Wat are u thinking man?

Like i cant remember tht my dear.... why cant u take the possibility tht wht GH has maybe different from wht KS haf n thus difference in pricing? :nono:

Kenneth ;)

Originally posted by aidil@Mar 3 2004, 12:21 PM

u mean $13 issit plus the o-ring gasket..??last time i bought at ks motor oil filter $6 & o-ring $3 so total>>>>$9....mayb now gst 5% hor...:smile: :smile:

hahaha, power extra man. if itz $6 bucks still thatz good but $13 is kena chop already.

ah bi only has my vote for tires n nothing else. Mr han has my vote for the rest of my bike anytime. now only thing is to find $$ :help:

Originally posted by chee_teck+Mar 3 2004, 12:11 PM-->
QUOTE (chee_teck @ Mar 3 2004, 12:11 PM)

And i am giving the price from KS Motor for others to compare & make their own wise decision. [/b]

:slapforehead:

Originally posted by chee_teck@Mar 3 2004, 12:11 PM

PLus they does not do bikes and is the importer of Genuine Suzuki Parts, solely selling parts to bike shops. Unless GH had another lubang of getting the original oil filter at a better price than the distributor, otherwise i would still get from KS and compare the difference with the HKL supposedly original oil filter.

Obviously u still do not know who are Guan Hoe, and what they do.

I wonder what does the word 'SUZUKI AGENT' means to u....

hiaz...... :nono: :nono:

Originally posted by RG@Mar 3 2004, 12:36 PM

Obviously u still do not know who are Guan Hoe, and what they do.

I wonder what does the word 'SUZUKI AGENT' means to u....

hiaz...... :nono: :nono:

I'm not gay,although someone says I'm in a secret society , but I'm deifnately not gay.

Yes, of coz there is a possibility of KS having a differnt thing that GH. Just like LAB have diff CR8EK.

But, imagine this, LAB selling is CR8EK(got colour n material difference) more expensive than GH. :faint:

Yah.... and whts the meaning of Suzuki Genuine Parts Dealer meant to u again? And how u know of diff material? tested inur company lab isit?

And pls dun bring in ur personal conflicts into this BikeBytes section. U guys wana bark, bark elsewhere. dun flood this thread just as u guys had done in the GSX thread pls... :offtopic:

Kenneth ;)

come on guyzzz....this forum suppose to share info......not to condem with each other!!!!it up to individual to decided with shop to go.jus remember that "if thing want to spoil no matter original or local it will spoil"....(sori my english not good) :cheer: :cheer:

OnLy ThE StRoNg SuRvIvE..!!!!

Originally posted by chee_teck+Mar 3 2004, 12:46 PM-->
QUOTE (chee_teck @ Mar 3 2004, 12:46 PM)
Yah.... and whts the meaning of Suzuki Genuine Parts Dealer meant to u again? And how u know of diff material? tested inur company lab isit? [/b]

Nope, I dun have a test lab, but by visual inspection, one can tell.

If I can remember, I learn to use 'visual inspection' as supporting evidence to certain conclusion during chemisty lessons when I was in secondary school.

For example: when u see aluminium and iron, both are more or less silver in colour, it won't be too difficult to tell the difference, although one may not know which is aluminium or iron(unless told about it), but can deifnately tell the difference in texture of the material even though both have the same colour.

Originally posted by aidil@Mar 3 2004, 12:53 PM

come on guyzzz....this forum suppose to share info......not to condem with each other!!!!it up to individual to decided with shop to go.jus remember that "if thing want to spoil no matter original or local it will spoil"....(sori my english not good) :cheer: :cheer:

:thumb: correct is a place to learn and share :cheer:

Kenneth ;)

Originally posted by RG@Mar 3 2004, 01:05 PM

Be careful, someone might make a police report for false accusation.

:sian:

Kenneth ;)

Originally posted by aidil@Mar 3 2004, 12:21 PM

u mean $13 issit plus the o-ring gasket..??last time i bought at ks motor oil filter $6 & o-ring $3 so total>>>>$9....mayb now gst 5% hor...:smile: :smile:

BTW i am not too sure we talking bout the same shop or not...cos when i got there i didnt get the namecard from tht guy. And the add i got is from the Shoplist...its a shop near this apparels SPYKE shop rite? hidden more inside among the other shops? :confused:

BTW the price i got qouted not inclusive of gasket ler... :sian:

Kenneth ;)

Originally posted by chee_teck@Mar 3 2004, 01:27 PM

BTW i am not too sure we talking bout the same shop or not...cos when i got there i didnt get the namecard from tht guy. And the add i got is from the Shoplist...its a shop near this apparels SPYKE shop rite? hidden more inside among the other shops? :confused:

BTW the price i got qouted not inclusive of gasket ler... :sian:

apparently u are RIP off again... wat's this talk about GH not being a Suzuki agent... are u saying i'm a idiot like others who go around buying original stuff at a higher price than every one else can get??? I bet u haf yet to hear of the first case of chiong spark plugs... (Ask Me or IL4 and we'll tell u more... ) personal conflict?? wat personal conflict?? since we're labelled as groupies and SS, we'll disband our group and look at those who pointed a finger at us point 4 fingers back to themselves... we'll look at how they accuse us of being groupies and they themselves take part in threads filled wif groupies and how they embark to set up or support yet another biggest group coming up... Touring group...

NOW this is wat i would say DOUBLE standard...:smile: