SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

cak

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

Will water get into our shadow 400 carb when we ride in rain, or even parked on open carpark on rainy days?

My shadow got no petrol feeling (like eng stall) when i throttle to overtake after rain.

Mine has the same problem after washing. I bring to bike shop to check but he thinks nothing is wrong. The problem seems to go away after riding for > 15minutes... Will post here again if I finally find a fix

For my 750 Aero, have to remove fuel tank, air filter and using a cloth to cover the drain outlet, get someone to right the bike up and the water should come out. Also will work if there's too much water in the fuel tank if you use the reserve switch on the fuel petcock. As practice, do it annually, especially if you park outdoors without cover.

Mine has the same problem after washing. I bring to bike shop to check but he thinks nothing is wrong. The problem seems to go away after riding for > 15minutes... Will post here again if I finally find a fix

I went back to the bike shop for the 3rd time. I told the mechanic of the symtoms and ask if water can get in to our carbs or eng. He very confidently say no. If water het in, the bike will give out back fire sound. I ask him if the tuning is done properly after carb serv and valve clearance. He claimed yes.

He diagnosed my bike and claimed that the connector for wires supplying elecctric to the spark plug cable melted, causing not enough electric supply to the spark plugs. He went ahead to replace the connectors. The bike liven up for a while. After travelling 15 mins, the problem came back again. But this time not so much. Looks like I shan't waste time with this shop anymore. Always get lip service.

After doing all these, when after rain, the problem still persists. I found out from an uncle whose is riding shadow also, he say he has this problem before. His case is that water went into his fuel tank. He also cannot explain how did the water enter. Mst likely, I am trying out another workshop to see if water is really inside fuel tank...

Will update again if it is fixed.

I went back to the bike shop for the 3rd time. I told the mechanic of the symtoms and ask if water can get in to our carbs or eng. He very confidently say no. If water het in, the bike will give out back fire sound. I ask him if the tuning is done properly after carb serv and valve clearance. He claimed yes.

He diagnosed my bike and claimed that the connector for wires supplying elecctric to the spark plug cable melted, causing not enough electric supply to the spark plugs. He went ahead to replace the connectors. The bike liven up for a while. After travelling 15 mins, the problem came back again. But this time not so much. Looks like I shan't waste time with this shop anymore. Always get lip service.

After doing all these, when after rain, the problem still persists. I found out from an uncle whose is riding shadow also, he say he has this problem before. His case is that water went into his fuel tank. He also cannot explain how did the water enter. Mst likely, I am trying out another workshop to see if water is really inside fuel tank...

After the bike dried up does the problem go away?

Water in the fuel tank can be drained out. The water can get into the fuel tank due to the design of the tank cap. That's why if your bike is parked outside without cover and it rains, chances are very likely to have water in the tank.

http://badges.fuelly.com/images/sig-metric2/414133.png

Water in the fuel tank can be drained out. The water can get into the fuel tank due to the design of the tank cap. That's why if your bike is parked outside without cover and it rains, chances are very likely to have water in the tank.

Bro, drain out can be done at the fuel tank valve? I am hoping that I dun hv to take out the fuel tank to drain the water.

Well, when dried up, it feels normal if I dun open throttle too much. the jerk feeling is still there (but min) if I suddenly open throttle (gives u the feeling like petrol sometime dun come that type of feeling.

It is worse when I ride in rain or immediately after the rain stopped. Riding in the rain like anytime will stall when open throttle suddenly.

Well, when dried up, it feels normal if I dun open throttle too much. the jerk feeling is still there (but min) if I suddenly open throttle (gives u the feeling like petrol sometime dun come that type of feeling.

It is worse when I ride in rain or immediately after the rain stopped. Riding in the rain like anytime will stall when open throttle suddenly.

My bike has 2 problems:

1. After washing bike (wet) , there will be a popping sound when I open the throttle and then it will stall. Or it will stall during idling. The bike shop boss said this is due to spark plug wet and will be ok when dry. I dunno how to fix this.

2. The bike will jerk I open throttle in the first 10min of riding or stall at the traffic light. I managed to make this problem go away using a fuel cleaner.

Middle of last year I had this same problem but that did not go away using a fuel cleaner. The bike shop did some servicing on the carburetor to fix this (he said due to water in carburetter).

Bro, looks like we hv the same prob. I hv jus serviced the carb, replaced plugs and did valve clearance, then kenna this problem. But i dun tink its a solution everytime for our water problem. I tink prevention is cheaper. I will try out bro johan's advice to drain water out frm fuel tank 1st.

My bike is always in the open. I cover it 2 hrs after i got home. At workplace, my bike is naked. 1 is to let others appreciate my stock shadow, 2 is bcos i din hv a box, so din bring the cover to work. I shld be geetting another cover to keep it at workplace. Lets hope our shadows will behave... :)

My bike has 2 problems:

1. After washing bike (wet) , there will be a popping sound when I open the throttle and then it will stall. Or it will stall during idling. The bike shop boss said this is due to spark plug wet and will be ok when dry. I dunno how to fix this.

2. The bike will jerk I open throttle in the first 10min of riding or stall at the traffic light. I managed to make this problem go away using a fuel cleaner.

Middle of last year I had this same problem but that did not go away using a fuel cleaner. The bike shop did some servicing on the carburetor to fix this (he said due to water in carburetter).

Bro, looks like we hv the same prob. I hv jus serviced the carb, replaced plugs and did valve clearance, then kenna this problem. But i dun tink its a solution everytime for our water problem. I tink prevention is cheaper. I will try out bro johan's advice to drain water out frm fuel tank 1st.

My bike is always in the open. I cover it 2 hrs after i got home. At workplace, my bike is naked. 1 is to let others appreciate my stock shadow, 2 is bcos i din hv a box, so din bring the cover to work. I shld be geetting another cover to keep it at workplace. Lets hope our shadows will behave... :)

Hi,

Last month when I went to the bike shop, he just loosen a screw near the knob where you adjust the engine idle speed and let some petrol flow out for a while. Then he test ride the bike and say everything is fine. But I think it was fine due to the bike being warmed up from my ride to the shop. On the way back home the bike felt fine but the next day again the same thing happened.

I think you can try fuel cleaner to see if it helps. I am using the Redline fuel cleaner.

Bro, drain out can be done at the fuel tank valve? I am hoping that I dun hv to take out the fuel tank to drain the water.

I think fuel tank no need to take out. My service manual says to take out. Taking out is easier to do the draining. Without taking out requires some interesting fiddling

Hi guys. I just recently got my shadow ace. Love the bike. But some tarnished chrome. Know of any good shops to rechrome my ride?

Welcome to the Shadow thread. Sorry can't help you on chrome shops but I'm sure the other shadow guys will chime in to help you.

Can you post some pictures of your ride? We love pictures here.