SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

cak

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree! i like the chug chug sound. like a freight train. haha too bad there are no legal pipes that i know of for shadow ace. i was quoted $280 to hollow out the inside of the stock pipe. is it worth it?

I know a shop in JB near bukit indah where all the johorian harley and cruisers rider go there for repairs and servicing my close friend send his fatboy for mods and servicing there, thats how i know the place, the owner name is alan he use to work with tony from custom cycles in chua chu kang days, i call him a few mths back regarding mods to the pipes and he quoted me RM 200 the only thing is we need to leave our bike there for at least 4 to 5 days so he can mod the pipe(inside),still look stock and tune it, bro jonborah the $280 u got quoted is from rosli am i right?and he take 3 days to do at least he let u use his spare pipes while he mods ur pipes, i m still not decided which 1 should i go, any advise guys.

if mod the stock pipe, can we still pass our inspection?

If it's too loud, no.

Inspection centre doesnt look at what pipe it is. They, or rather the machine, "listen" to the sound & emission for the result of pass / fail.

If you've a damn quite & eco friendly Cobra / V&N pipe, Im pretty sure they would pass you thou.

black&white saves life.

enquire @ [email protected] | 94786'999

If it's too loud, no.

Inspection centre doesnt look at what pipe it is. They, or rather the machine, "listen" to the sound & emission for the result of pass / fail.

If you've a damn quite & eco friendly Cobra / V&N pipe, Im pretty sure they would pass you thou.

But how come Harley has such a loud pipe and still they can be passed?

-= Ride to Freedom, Freedom to Ride =-

you've just mentioned, they'r harleys. haha.

the way the test is like,

befor shipping in a new model, LTA would test & check then authorise the particular bike in sg.

during the test & check, they would have the level of loudness for the bike in stock condition.

& the data are in LTA's data base, in all inspection centre.

with those data, when ever a bike comes in for inspection, they would use to data in the database & compare with the tested data from your bike (during the inspection).

If the difference is too much, the system would automatically fail it.

it's mostly computerised, nonetheless, human control the machine, the system. some hankypanky would pass it all. :D

black&white saves life.

enquire @ [email protected] | 94786'999

befor shipping in a new model, LTA would test & check then authorise the particular bike in sg.

during the test & check, they would have the level of loudness for the bike in stock condition.

with those data, when ever a bike comes in for inspection, they would use to data in the database & compare with the tested data from your bike (during the inspection).

it's mostly computerised, nonetheless, human control the machine, the system. some hankypanky would pass it all. :D

I see...so its still not safe to mod the original pipe. LOL

Aftermarket HD pipes do not pass LTA inspection.

They just do not appear during the inpections.

The impression that HD riders do not get summoned by ROV is a myth,

BlackDawn aka kiamh

"There is no man more free than the one who doesn't give a damn what society thinks of him"

Its not exactly safe.

The more advised choice is, get a bad a$s pipe, get it roaring on the road.

switch back to stock during inspection. :D

Isn't that risky?

I think its about sound decibels. They must have set a standard that if you exceed it, you fail.

Anybody try adding baffles to their aftermarket pipes? They lower the sound of open exhausts so maybe it'll pass?

Edited by One Headlight

I thought HD original pipe is already quite loud already?

orginal HD pipes are not loud at all. sound like a louder Ta200? with potato of cause.

JOSHUA

class2B -26/2/09

class 2A -27/7/10

class 3 - 6/1/11

class 2 - 30/8/12

http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad44/jtzx/Image0020_JROT42b4_edited.gif?t=1246004022

I thought HD original pipe is already quite loud already?

Stock Harleys are quiet, almost sewing-machine like.

That's why nobody keeps the pipes stock.

orginal HD pipes are not loud at all. sound like a louder Ta200? with potato of cause.

HD's have V-Twin powerplant bro,TA200 is a thumper. Different sound altogether.

BlackDawn aka kiamh

"There is no man more free than the one who doesn't give a damn what society thinks of him"

Stock Harleys are quiet, almost sewing-machine like.

That's why nobody keeps the pipes stock.

HD's have V-Twin powerplant bro,TA200 is a thumper. Different sound altogether.

I see! Then those HD I saw on road should be all using AM pipe..cuz the sounds are real cool man. :)

I know a shop in JB near bukit indah where all the johorian harley and cruisers rider go there for repairs and servicing my close friend send his fatboy for mods and servicing there, thats how i know the place, the owner name is alan he use to work with tony from custom cycles in chua chu kang days, i call him a few mths back regarding mods to the pipes and he quoted me RM 200 the only thing is we need to leave our bike there for at least 4 to 5 days so he can mod the pipe(inside),still look stock and tune it, bro jonborah the $280 u got quoted is from rosli am i right?and he take 3 days to do at least he let u use his spare pipes while he mods ur pipes, i m still not decided which 1 should i go, any advise guys.

Haha....heard the same proposal frm Rosli before I replaced my pipes...was considering that when a bro sold me his upmarket pipes.

Need to consider inspection process if you really want to operate.

Hi guys,

Thru this thread, I found out that some shadow handle bars are 1" and some are 7/8". Can experts advise me what is the diameter of handle bar to fit the original factory throttle handle? Thinking of getting a used handle bar cos mine left side is bent.

Also, is there a way to make the seat higher? The seat is low for me.. :|

Thanks in advance. :)

Hi guys,

Thru this thread, I found out that some shadow handle bars are 1" and some are 7/8". Can experts advise me what is the diameter of handle bar to fit the original factory throttle handle? Thinking of getting a used handle bar cos mine left side is bent.

Also, is there a way to make the seat higher? The seat is low for me.. :|

Thanks in advance. :)

bro, my stock handle bar is 1". To be safe, u can take a measuring tape to measure yours first before you purchase a new 1. :)

As for the seat height, maybe you can try to adjust the rear suspension limit? But i guess it won't help much. I know there is lowering kit in market but i not sure if there any kit that makes the suspension higher. Or maybe you can thicken your seat by adding more cushion?

bro, my stock handle bar is 1". To be safe, u can take a measuring tape to measure yours first before you purchase a new 1. :)

As for the seat height, maybe you can try to adjust the rear suspension limit? But i guess it won't help much. I know there is lowering kit in market but i not sure if there any kit that makes the suspension higher. Or maybe you can thicken your seat by adding more cushion?

Bro, thanks for the reply. The only concern I hv for the handlebar is the 1" at the middle and 7/8" at the handle grip there. The bar I saw was 1" all the way. If 7/8" grip, it will not fit into 1" bar.

As for the seat, I tot of adding cushion initially, but the tot of it looking like a loaf of bread stops the idea. :D

I bought ACE becos its style, cannot tarnish the look. :D

Bro, thanks for the reply. The only concern I hv for the handlebar is the 1" at the middle and 7/8" at the handle grip there. The bar I saw was 1" all the way. If 7/8" grip, it will not fit into 1" bar.

As for the seat, I tot of adding cushion initially, but the tot of it looking like a loaf of bread stops the idea. :D

I bought ACE becos its style, cannot tarnish the look. :D

I see, it depends on what grip you are using now, if those rubber type grips, they can still be squeezed into it. For my stock handle bar, the whole bar is 1", i know it because I bought and changed the Kuryakyn ISO throttle grip myself. :) But my shadow is 2007 version, so i also cannot assure that your handle bar has the same specification as mine. :)

If you wan the style, don't make it higher, go get lowering kit and make it even lower. hahaha! :)

I see, it depends on what grip you are using now, if those rubber type grips, they can still be squeezed into it. For my stock handle bar, the whole bar is 1", i know it because I bought and changed the Kuryakyn ISO throttle grip myself. :) But my shadow is 2007 version, so i also cannot assure that your handle bar has the same specification as mine. :)

If you wan the style, don't make it higher, go get lowering kit and make it even lower. hahaha! :)

is it easy to change the grip assembly(the brake and clutch thingy)? I tot of getting the bar and change myself. Its not really a mod, but more to fixing by swopping my bent handle bar to a normal handle bar. Seller says its 35" from end to end.

Its low enough for me oredi cos I got long legs. In fact, sometimes it is tiring if I riding my ACE for too long.

Edited by amaninus

Those humans are already behind bars. Those who aren't, are now scared of hankypanky.

http://badges.fuelly.com/images/sig-metric2/414133.png

is it easy to change the grip assembly(the brake and clutch thingy)? I tot of getting the bar and change myself. Its not really a mod, but more to fixing by swopping my bent handle bar to a normal handle bar. Seller says its 35" from end to end.

Its low enough for me oredi cos I got long legs. In fact, sometimes it is tiring if I riding my ACE for too long.

If the handle bar that you are buying has a similar length as your current one, it shouldn't be difficult to DIY.

Maybe you get install highway bar so that you can stretch your legs out when cruising? Then you wont feel tired during long ride? Or you can install floor plate or maybe forward control kit?