SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

cak

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bro, thanks for the info. shld be going down on mon.

Wanted to go planet initially, but diverted to previous shop to fix the alignment issue since tire and steering cone bearing is fixed there.

Wanted to flush radiator only initially, ended up leaving the bike there to do valve clearance, wash carb, change plugs and air filter. Total bill came up to $310. Now bike feels smoother.

I had called up derrick. They are using a pair of Japanese sport rim for customization. The wheelset plus labor cost will be sgd1.2 :)

Hope the above is useful

I think its from a Honda Magna because it looked similar to the one I used to own. If it's from Japan, the quality must be good. But then again, the original spokes of our ACE is the real deal. I personally think that putting a solid wheelset would defeat the retro, old school look I love on my bike.

Not sure if this would be useful to you, but for the IU plate, I got mine for a TA, which attached to the same mounting as mirror at Bukit Merah.

$15 got, but some shops chop 20..

"Wolves and sheep will live together in peace, and leopards will lie down with young goats, calves and lion cubs will feed together, and little children will take care of them. Cows and bears will eat together, and their calves and cubs will lie down in peace." Isaiah 11:6-8

http://s-ak.buzzfed.com/static/imagebuzz/web02/2010/9/8/17/be-an-optimist-prime-4756-1283979887-3.jpg

Bro gohjohan, let me know if u wan derrick number :) u can check directly with him, I do know that he has another workshop st kallang, but I dunno the shop name.

Yes, please PM his number to me. Thank you

Hi,

Will water get into our shadow 400 carb when we ride in rain, or even parked on open carpark on rainy days?

My shadow got no petrol feeling (like eng stall) when i throttle to overtake after rain.

I think so. Riding in rain, wash bike, etc.... I drain it when there's trouble starting the bike too often.

http://badges.fuelly.com/images/sig-metric2/414133.png

I think so. Riding in rain, wash bike, etc.... I drain it when there's trouble starting the bike too often.

bro,

does it solve the problem after you drain? can share how u drain the carb?

bike hasn't been moving for the past few days. :)

Edited by amaninus

Hi guys, im looking into upgrading to a shadow ace 400cc..any1 can point me in the right direction in where i can find a second hand shadow?

Bro, I saw Shadows for sale at Rosli in K.Bukit and a shop in Yishun Ind Pk A recently. You can try to see if still avail. Btw, welcome to the Shadow group....( I'm on one too )

Bro, I saw Shadows for sale at Rosli in K.Bukit and a shop in Yishun Ind Pk A recently. You can try to see if still avail. Btw, welcome to the Shadow group....( I'm on one too )

Hey Bro appreciate the welcome...But not so soon k... Finances always an issue wen it comes to upgrading...my mind's set on shadow 400cc ...juz that i wanna scout ard the prices 1st...

Btw is there a difference between shadow classic and shadow ace? price wise and schematics wise

bro,

does it solve the problem after you drain? can share how u drain the carb?

bike hasn't been moving for the past few days. :)

For my 750 Aero, have to remove fuel tank, air filter and using a cloth to cover the drain outlet, get someone to right the bike up and the water should come out. Also will work if there's too much water in the fuel tank if you use the reserve switch on the fuel petcock. As practice, do it annually, especially if you park outdoors without cover.

http://badges.fuelly.com/images/sig-metric2/414133.png