SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Getting a new Class 2B bike

Era

Hi all, I'm a new rider getting a bike. Looked through the forum, decided that I want a bike with clutch control but not a phamton and not too heavy with relax riding posture. Identified Yamaha X1, Daelim VS 125 which meets the criteria. Wonder if anyone has any comments. Also looked at the autoclutch bikes like wave and spark ut currently still very confused over what to get. Any advise??

Btw, any daelim riders out there that would like to share their opinions about Daelim bikes, not often seen in the forum. Thanks!!

:cheeky:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Era,

Congrats to you!! me too just got my 2B last week...

Y not a YBR125? its similar to RXZ (i think, at least that's wat ppl tell me).. only diff is that YBR is a 4-stroke.. and it has BOTH elec start as well kick start. personally, im in favour of that.. :D

how? feedback...

yan d1no

maximise pleasure and minimise pain

Spec3FBA!!!!

wah.... i got so excited wen i saw the pic of YBR125... *sigh* im so crazy over that bike....

:D

i m still very excited... cant wait to get my hands on YBR.. any comments on the bike..? some mentioned that 4-stroke for small bike not very good in terms of power... but i guess if its just for commuting purposes,..it's ok rite?

era, wat say u?

any feedbacks any1...

yan d1no

hmm...nope. not yet.. prolly in one or two mths time, i hope... biase lah...$$ constrain..

see wat i can do with the upcoming progress package..hehehe.. tak sabar sey....

:bounce:

u noe, u r right abt the asap thing.. my frend pon cakap...

but ive read alot of forums on this RXZ... said that its ok-ok to maintain...doesnt really create a hole in your pocket... so, my question is... is a 4-stroke bike easier to maintain as compared to a 2-stroke? it shouldnt be more Xpensive rite, since...dia tak pakai 2T...?

niwae, Era.... have u decided on what bike u getting? wat Spec3FBA said in the earlier post was right...

Wat bike u ride will determine ur personality

keep us updated of your choice, k.... :thumb:

yan d1no

wat about the drum brakes...?

err.... i only know of i person riding a CL2B bike... RX-S.. but not very close with him... a couple of classmates riding CL2 bikes... so, i really feel like a tiny ant....

paisey lah...

i think i really need to find out more on bikes - mechanically and technically...

hmmm...btw...y r u not in favour of the drum brakes? :confused:

yan d1no

before moving off wat should i do?

a) do pre-ride chk

b) pakai helmet/gloves

c) sit on bike

d) start engine

e) recite "doa" before boarding vehicle

f) chk back

g) move off..

heheheh

:cheeky:

im sorry....but are these the kind of ans u r expecting..? coz this is wat i was thought...

(suddenly, i feel so 'bimbo')

so niwae,... wat shd we do before moving off?

:smile:

yan d1no

hey ppl.. im new here.. just got my licence n now tinking of getting a new 2B bike.. got a few choices in mind:

- YBR 125

- RXZ

- PULSAR 180

any recommendations or pros n cons of these bikes? or got any other better touring bikes? :thumb:

RIDE SAFELY, LIVE HAPPY

Originally posted by -aHiD-@Apr 27 2006, 12:21 PM

hey ppl.. im new here.. just got my licence n now tinking of getting a new 2B bike.. got a few choices in mind:

- YBR 125

- RXZ

- PULSAR 180

any recommendations or pros n cons of these bikes? or got any other better touring bikes? :thumb:

u want the bike for touring or for transport?

for transport best to get pulsar....

for touring can consider varadero125....the price a bit ex though...

"The road less travelled"

380430_10150542159155027_725570026_11064521_1701187442_n.jpg

hahaha... betol lah tu.... pointers (f) and (g).... hehehe... i give freebies lagi.. (a) to (e) :cheeky:

niwae, none of my relative rides except for my pak long who rides a skipper.. i think.. d rest dah upgrade to 4-wheelers... i did ask them for more details.. but u noe lah.. ppl bz.. dun have time to layan "budak baru nak naik". hehehe....

eh, actually i juz had a conversation with one of my colleague abt 4-stroke 2B bikes... he mentioned that if it rains over-night...in the morning the bike cant start.. how true is dis? have u encountered or Xperienced dis b4? he said 4-stroke small bike is a goner... :weep: but he said that was long time ago lah... now prolly the bikes are betta.. i hope..

eh, but u have any contacts tak? address of bike shop that i can prolly survey2 the YBR... i went to the Yamaha Agent at Ubi (juz behind TP HQ).. they are offering ard $4.2K OTR (inc IU, 2nd party insurance, COE, etc + FREE box or helmet) - installments @ $147 per mth for 24mths for new bike.. is that considered a good bargain? or are there any betta offers that u noe of...

how?

yan d1no

most probably the last bike that is VTEC3 (dah too old for too much adventure).

too old?? how old can u be?? alah anyway, age is juz numbers je pe...if still young at heart ok wat... hehehe

actually, wat i intent to do is to ride 2B bike till i get CL2..and my mom wants me to take CL3 first...b4 i take my CL2A..

if all goes well, it'd be;

CL 2B

CL 3

CL 2A

CL 2

so if i get this YBR, i'll hang on to it for quite some time...for transport lah..home to work to school to home.. what do you think?

yan d1no

Im a daelim rider. pretty good bike. power wise, dun expect too much from a 150cc bike.

fc about 35km/liter on mobil 8000

good look except its a little tall

but 1st hand quite exp. however, as daelim has little resale value, 2nd bikes are rather relatively cheap due to steep depreciation.

i wont suggest you get a 1st hand if you intend to upgrade.

anything else, you can post in the daelim thread under naked bike section. we'll be more than glad to answer any question.

:cheer:

Xishuo

"A government afraid of its citizens is a Democracy. Citizens afraid of government is tyranny!"

— Thomas Jefferson

:eek: :eek:

Originally posted by Spec3FBA@Apr 25 2006, 11:16 PM

Relaks,the person yang start this tread dah lamer gone..didnt saw when he/she posted it,realised just now only hehehhhee..

ha ha... nama era je, everybody get excited. :cheeky:

1995/1996 - TZR 125 (FJ 8709M)

1996/2003 - Rebel 125 (FN 4795T)

2003/2004 - Super 4 Vtec 1 (FT 6105R)

2004/2004 - 125Z (FX 9008Y)

2004/2005 - RXZ (FN 7178E)

2005/2007 - Majesty 250 (FQ 5381G)

2007/2008 - X9 Evo 200 (FZ 2272K)

2008/2009 - Ver S (FP 762 D)

2010.......... Silverwing 400 (FB* 3**8 *)

hi brokenbones.. tak lah excited pasal name era... but i was excited coz i juz recently passed my 2B TP test and i juz got my photacard licence today........ YEY!!! :cheer:

niwae. spec3FBA.... i saw the pic of the s4 dat was linked to your reply...is dat ur baby....? beautiful...

Dat will be long enuff..then its advisable to get some worth the log stay with you.

Aniway who recomends you to YBR?

btw, wat do u mean by "its advisable to get some worth the log stay with you."? tak faham...

n nobody recommended me YBR.. i first saw it (by chance) pat NorthLink @ admiralty... felt an instant connection to it.. hehehe. thot dat its juz my type...found out abt d bike a lil bit, n suits my criteria pretty much... now juz survey2 cost jer....

yan d1no

sekarang pnye photocard licence...at d back rite... short n sharp eh.... unlike last time... now at the back they just put...

Class 2B Motocycles =

not nice...prefer d old type... hv more words... penuh sikit. :cheeky: heheheh

yan d1no

oh..k

no, i mean...at the back of d old photocard n new photocard..wats printed is diff...

old:

Class 2B Motorcycles not exceeding..... 200cc

new:

Class 2B Motorcycles =

i prefer the one with words.... nampak penuh...

alah niwae, important thg is dat ada licence... :smile:

ok... but in terms of insurance... it is ok for me to juz get 2nd party rite... its not a must to get 1st party insurance kan...? 1st party for my age.. is ard $755.. *ouch*

yan d1no

hi yan d1no,

congratulations on your new license.

anyway, regarding the 'excited' things, the way Spec3FBA kata yg the thread starter dah lama gone. makes me laugh sorang sorang.

so, when will the YBR coming out??

Honda CG125 pun ok jugak......

since u already got 2B, go for class 3.

Honda CG125 pun ok jugak......

hmm....do u have a pic of the CG125?... or maybe a link dat i can view this bike.. pls... thx!

so, when will the YBR coming out??

hopefully soon... now still survey2 price... any recommendations or contacts? shop name & address? :cheeky:

since u already got 2B, go for class 3.

yup...dats wat i plan to do..and dats wat my mom wants...den aft CL3.. hopefully CL2A pulak....

brokenbones....how long have u been riding? n wat bike r u riding? if u dun mind sharing... :smile:

spec3FBA, hows d cost of Honda's new bike... as compared to Yamaha? any idea?

yan d1no

spec3FBA.. hey... thx bro, for the pic... im in favour off the round headlight!! hehehe... hmm.... 4-stroke lagi... any idea of the average cost OTR?

hmm...both rear & front use drum brakes... hmm... *think*think* for YBR the only 2 thgs i dun like abt it is the head fairing and wer they fix the IU - left handle (looks farnie)... hmm...

so, wat do u think?

You sound like pte student or in higher tertiary im not wrong. If thats true, im sure u have ample time to scout around.

im actually doing part-time study at temasek poly (evening classes aft office hours job) sat oso got class fr 0830-1330hrs... tinggal sunday to hibernate... *sigh* ((like not enuf days in one week.... shd have 4 weekdays n 3 weekends... baru best.. heheheh...))

Tinggal ni satu lagi..anak mak! (jgn marah)

me? anak mak??? no lah... my kakak is anak mak.... not me... hehehe...

eh niwae,... i tink i shd have a look of this bike first b4 i decide on anythg... HEE...

yan d1no

eh? $3k++?? is it possible to get details of your bike shop?? $3k++ seems a good deal... but in general.. is the bike high or low?

i took my licence at ssdc too... n d bike realli looks similar... but not sure lah...

insurance.. 1st or 2nd party? hmm... is there a minimum deposit reqmt? wat colours do they have? (c, now u got me excited..!!)

kedai moto PH bukak tak eh?

:confused:

yan d1no

Originally posted by Spec3FBA@Apr 28 2006, 12:13 PM

Tinggal ni satu lagi..anak mak! (jgn marah)

ha ha ha.... aku ketawa sorang sorang lagi :D

yan_d1no

i got my licence since 1995...

and now i'm riding Yamaha Majesty 250.

actually i still prefer honda bikes but like Spec3FBA mention, it cost a bit more. so ambil yamaha majesty lah. cheap cheap one. $2500. its a maxi scooter. (dream bike is Honda Silverwing 400)

gambar aku takde lah... he he.. so sorry.

take your time to choose. jgn kelam kabut.