SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Getting a new Class 2B bike

Era

Originally posted by Spec3FBA@May 10 2006, 03:06 PM

For Yan_d1no, i have email you my tips for working out the dollars $ sense..make full use of it.

spec3FBA, i didnt rcv any email..

niwae, pulsar? "definitely male" hmm.. the machine price alone is double of YBR :faint: + this + that total OTR close to.. ... 6K? YBR total OTR is 4.3K..

pulsar will burnt a hole in my pocket.. not unless if i get it end july... thats like 2 mths fr now... :confused: i dunno...

guys, any advise? :help:

yan d1no

maximise pleasure and minimise pain

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Spec3FBA@May 11 2006, 01:22 PM

Goofrider no hard feeling but when Honda rides & leads,the rest follows :thumb: but when Honda goes into pit stop,the rest simply cant lead Cehdebah! again,no hard feelings k guys!

Now all, lets be friendly again :smile:

Not realy dollars & sense but how to scout around for best deal..remember the first few mails?

:lol: Cehdebah...! Honda leads kapa... hehehe :D

Hmm... first few email? lemme go "dig out" the mail... heheh.. sorry :sorry:

yan d1no

maximise pleasure and minimise pain

quality wise, definely top motor brands like honda, yamaha or suzuki tops the list. i heard from seasoned riders, honda engine made in japa can last for years. but not those made in thai..

try lah india mari nye bajaj... parts are cheap... abt lasting long.. iam not sure.. and dont expect to reach top blinding class 2b speed with the bajaj.

definetely male.. so for the ladies u r riding on a male. hahahaha

and i got a few head turns saying they tot they saw s4

BAJAJ Pulsar 180(apr06)-(nov07)

HONDA NSR 150 sp(nov07)-(mar09)

HONDA specIII(mar09)-(dec10)

HONDA wave125(dec10)-(nov12)

YAMAHA rxz135(nov12)-

top speed: TBC

mileage: miles away

Quote: not the fastest bike but the faster rider...

**if iam wrong please correct me, iam only new to this**

Spec>> not saying bajaj is blood brother with Super 4 lah.. what i'm saying the looks.. and definetly no hard feeling..

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3154/2630373527_9614b93b66_o.jpg

Originally posted by BrokenBones+May 11 2006, 10:44 AM-->
QUOTE (BrokenBones @ May 11 2006, 10:44 AM)
To Mr Compfuse..

125Z is powerful bike cos its 2 stroke. but i use it for only a month then give it to a fren for C.O.I reason is the tank is too small. every 3 days have to visit petrol kiosk. i think the fuel consumption is higher than Wave. maintanence wise, not too sure cos use only 1 month... he he. but dont forget the 2t. (why dont consider 4 stroke bike??) [/b]

09/07/2009 - Passed 2B TP (10th attempt)

I have tried to see things from your point of view..But no matter how hard I try..Or what I do..I just can't get my head that far up my butt..

Wah compfuse ubi very far leh...:weep: I live western part of singapore... but thanks for looking out for me....

Anyway, on the bajaj pulsar topic. I wanted to get one of that initially cause it looks super cool, even my bro likes it when we were bike viewing in the car parks... haha turn a few heads when I was trying to see if the bike fits my height by standing next to it.. think should be fine. WEll calling it a male machine is so MCP, think females will look cool on it too. Anyway, for 2b licence that limits at 200cc, 180cc shouldn't be that bad for power isn't it or correct me if the cc doesn't represent power... not very pro here..

Even saying so, I've decided that it's going to be a scooter for me... No No NO am I going to change my mind again. But after viewing the GT200, think I'll stick to Lx150 or ET8... it's huge, bro called it an elephant haha... no offends but compared to the other vespa... it's huge..:giddy: :cheeky:

So all bike hunters, may luck be with us. Lets keep a look ou for each other.

Easier if everyone just list down their wish list :smile:

Originally posted by superfian@May 12 2006, 12:42 AM

hi u guys....

im a new rider too and my preferences are bikes like honda SP or krr.

i need more info bout the advantages and disadvantages of each.

really hope u guys can help me out on these.. :bounce:

tanx eh.

From what I've seen and heard from friends..SP is good but kinda lot of problems..But it all depends on luck..I don't like the single swingarm look on the SP and..most "ah bengs" go for SPs so prolly another reason why I steer clear of SPs..No offence..

Both bikes as far as advantage for me that is..They can go fast..Fast for a 2b bike of course..The disadvantage would be FC not very good..You either get a slow bike that has good fuel consumption or get a bike thats not good on fuel consumption..There can never be both..Correct me if I'm wrong..

Niwaes congrats..

09/07/2009 - Passed 2B TP (10th attempt)

I have tried to see things from your point of view..But no matter how hard I try..Or what I do..I just can't get my head that far up my butt..

Hallo guys!

Era,yan,spec,broken bones! Nii Jimmy here... hehe... can I join in da conversation?

Me pon baru juga pass 2B. Yippie!!!!!

Maseh tgh survey bike. Hopefuly can buy one end of diz month. hahax!

Me tinkin of yamaha X1. Or Honda SP. Spec, since u say Honda is a good brand, is SP good? I heard sum say SP got problem here n there. But not as bad as KR.

Any comments guys????

Hi..The roadwin is cool..BIg bike for a small Cap..

However i hav been reading threads about this new bike PULSAR.

Compared with roadwin, which one do guys think is better? IN terms of PRICE,FC,Maintenance,etc,etc...LOOKS wise, i think both R on par hehe :thumb:

LiVe It....

SPEC3>> thats not my bike lah.

nahsgnoy>> and i'm a pulsar rider... hehe

i did some comparison.....

advantages for Roadwin;

1. Cool and slick look

2. slighter more power than pulsar

3. Bigger rear tyre.

4. front/rear disc brake

5. 16litre tank

6. 150CC

7. Look nice without rear box

advantages for Pulsar;

1. 18litre tank

2. 45-50km/litre (fuel consumption)

3. Cool looks

4. cheaper by 1.5k-2k compare to Roadwin.

5. Maintaince and Repair much cheaper than Roadwin

6. 180CC

7. Suitable with rear box

Originally posted by GoofRider@May 16 2006, 10:03 AM

SPEC3>> thats not my bike lah.

nahsgnoy>> and i'm a pulsar rider... hehe

i did some comparison.....

advantages for Roadwin;

1. Cool and slick look

2. slighter more power than pulsar

3. Bigger rear tyre.

4. front/rear disc brake

5. 16litre tank

6. 150CC

7. Look nice without rear box

advantages for Pulsar;

1. 18litre tank

2. 45-50km/litre (fuel consumption)

3. Cool looks

4. cheaper by 1.5k-2k compare to Roadwin.

5. Maintaince and Repair much cheaper than Roadwin

6. 180CC

7. Suitable with rear box

Guys dun forget that we are talking on commuting purposes for the ladies in the house(if they still exist in here :sorry: ) otherwise, talking bout power..yes it seems that the roadwin(as the name suggest) tops pulsar but power or speed affiliated to FC . So be prepared to settle down for fuel disadvantage on Roadwin while Pulsar will be the winner here.

Yesterday went to HKL to look for my rear hugger and and saw Pulsar Authorised dealer that opens(i tink so cos im not a regular there) a huge showroom with full of Pulsars ONLY man..i tink the demand is really there for it so i guess the parts shud be readily available soon enough,dont u tink so?

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h89/Hyper_Vtec3/Sidebag.jpg http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h89/Hyper_Vtec3/Overall.jpg

my ride my VTEC

just to correct your statement........

Guys dun forget that we are talking on commuting purposes for the ladies in the house(if they still exist in here  ) otherwise, talking bout power..yes it seems that the roadwin(as the name suggest) tops pulsar but power or speed affiliated to FC . So be prepared to settle down for fuel disadvantage on Roadwin while Pulsar will be the winner here.

there r a few lady roadwin riders, personally i only meet one but according to cka there r a few lady registered riders.

it is not just power but preference (looks/design) tat the rider will chose whichever he/she likes, points r noted good/bad. final decision is the rider whom will buy it.

no to offends bajaj pulsar owners.

i owned a roadwin, compared with pulsar tat i parked side-by-side.

the components use on bajaj r inferior eg. tyres, tyres rim, brakes, handle, frame, mirror, tank, exhaust pipe, etc.

u pay for wat u get, tat's why it is $1~2k+ more expensive.

pulser looks like s4 little Bas@#$d brader, some of the design line u see are copy of s4... which of cos makes it look cool hahahaha

spare parts are cheap, and dont let the made in india fool u braders and sistas... so far i have seen many riders riding pulsar.. so in the not so distant future there will be more and more after market parts will be available.... which in turn gives me more choice to mod my pulsar wahahaha wahahaha...

i just hope pulsar catches on dats all..

BAJAJ Pulsar 180(apr06)-(nov07)

HONDA NSR 150 sp(nov07)-(mar09)

HONDA specIII(mar09)-(dec10)

HONDA wave125(dec10)-(nov12)

YAMAHA rxz135(nov12)-

top speed: TBC

mileage: miles away

Quote: not the fastest bike but the faster rider...

**if iam wrong please correct me, iam only new to this**

Originally posted by stsoh@May 16 2006, 12:05 PM

just to correct your statement........

there r a few lady roadwin riders, personally i only meet one but according to cka there r a few lady registered riders.

Dun worry abt my statement..im refferring the ladies in the house which those in these particular forum,peeps like Era & Yan_d1no especially. Eventhough the topics had diverted to other bikes that not of their concern..well atleast we have made them open their views that there a lots of alternative to it.

Dont worry man,facts that i dun noe i wud get evry1 to correct me. As long we are in these particular forum or thread, we only "talk" about what concerns the topic here :smile: Cheers.

A place with real sea water flowing..the Carribean

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h89/Hyper_Vtec3/TheCarribean.jpg

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h89/Hyper_Vtec3/Sidebag.jpg http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h89/Hyper_Vtec3/Overall.jpg

my ride my VTEC

stsoh>> so defensive.. no hard feeling lah bro.. did i jus did all the good things about Roadwin... i'm put up the comparison is for the newly 2B riders.. coz a few of them looking for a bike. so i tell them lah.. i'm not saying Pulsar much better than your Roadwin.. Roadwin looks is superb! but different ppl have defrent needs in a bike, some dun care for the looks as long its cheap, FC, low maintenace.. u know what i mean.. chill!

Hi Era, my carpark got one vespa pretty nice..own by my neighbour. I have yet to contact him cos he's out station. Bike is always covered so cant snap it away..i will ask bout he price hes looking at and some other specs that he might wana share. Its ok if you already had a good bargain. Just check on this thread,i will update yah.

my ride my VTEC

Originally posted by Spec3FBA@May 16 2006, 11:07 AM

Guys dun forget that we are talking on commuting purposes for the ladies in the house(if they still exist in here :sorry: ) otherwise, talking bout power..yes it seems that the roadwin(as the name suggest) tops pulsar but power or speed affiliated to FC . So be prepared to settle down for fuel disadvantage on Roadwin while Pulsar will be the winner here.

Yesterday went to HKL to look for my rear hugger and and saw Pulsar Authorised dealer that opens(i tink so cos im not a regular there) a huge showroom with full of Pulsars ONLY man..i tink the demand is really there for it so i guess the parts shud be readily available soon enough,dont u tink so?

Thanks :smile: So it looks like the pulsar seems a better choice for commuters.

Since its cheaper( both OTR,FC and maintenence wise), though the power not as strong as rdwin..ANYWAY..i'll say that these 2 bikes are more for GUYS, based on looks la..haha..So dun think they will be included in the 2 girls' options for bikes..:cheeky:

LiVe It....

Spec3>> what model is your neighbour's vespa? she's looking for LX model.. try to pyscho her to get the LX coz ET8 looks funny..

nahsgnoy>>> well if u want a ready made beauty and u have the extra cash, go for Roadwin but if u want to mod your bike slowly external looks, get Pulsar. I myslef slowly mod my pulsar to my taste, and no hurry in doing the modification..

and one thing nice is seeing your bike changes as time passes.. you know what i mean.. cheers

there's only three type of vespa auto. one is big thats the GT200, the other two is small.. the oval headlight is ET8 and the round headlight is LX...

yap yap.. its fast and thier pick-up is superb..

ermm.. no hard feeling eh. i havemn't see one yet lah.

but my frens say gilera pick-up faster than super4.. jus pick-up only.. i know that coz i try on my fren gilera before..

Originally posted by GoofRider@May 18 2006, 12:26 PM

yap yap.. its fast and thier pick-up is superb..

ermm.. no hard feeling eh. i havemn't see one yet lah.

but my frens say gilera pick-up faster than super4.. jus pick-up only.. i know that coz i try on my fren gilera before..

scooter have very good pickup becos of small tyres, other than tat higher maintanence on drive-belt/auto-clutch/rollers/fc/etc.