Jump to content
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

    Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

    Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website such as:

    • Forums
    • Blogs
    • Picture/Video Gallery
    • Motorcycle Clubs
    • Event Calendar
    • and many more!

    Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

    Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Gather all ZX 636 rider


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by EVOIIIGSR@May 18 2006, 05:58 PM

:giddy:

 

 

 

:faint:

 

here is my 2 cents ...

 

i rode a the following kawas before (other makes of sportbikes which i owned before will not be mentioned) ...

 

1. ZX750L2

2. ZX9RB2

 

and current ZX636RB2 ...

 

and in my humble opinion based on my Ninjas experience ... the ZX636R is the best of all worlds ... its light with a great power to weight ratio ... its insurance & rd tax is cheaper than a full litre bike ... maintenance is slightly cheaper ... maybe only SGD20 cheaper but thats almost equivalent to 5 days of lunch for me ... lets not compare apple with pears ... but in the Ninja family ... the ZX636R is value for money buy ...

 

:thumb:

 

I too wanted to get my dream bike (ZX10R) but the insurance and road tax is a killer ... and at that time they was an offer for my current Ninja which I cant resist ... I took that opportunity and never regret it ...

 

anyway the choice is yours ... so :goodluck:

Well said my green bro!! Tat was pricisely the reason for my purchase of the 05 ZX6R. Plus.... its easier to ride in the city than its bigger n more powerful brother. Aint no sense paying insurance companies tat kind of obsence premium they asking for. Due to reason of kawasaki accident rate on the road which is not done by class 2 kawas. In the end we are penalize for it.

 

:nono: :nono: :nono:

http://www.imperial-concepts.com/web/images/zoom/MSALFE/dsc1102_resize.jpg
Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by GerardSantaCruz@May 19 2006, 10:51 AM

notice a diff in signal lights btw the 05 n 06 models.

any way to mod the 06 signals to 05?

fender eliminator illegal in sg?

Wat diff dude???? U looking at the US model is it???? No diff at all la.

 

As for the fender thing, YES!!!! its ILLEGAL bcoz LTA think it willl "reduce" water spray. (WTF they thinking.... Take no rocket scientist to figure tat out ah Mr LTA. Try following a bike in the rain wif a fender and no fender!!! NO FECK DIFF LA u MOROOOOOON!!!!).

 

If u want to test the law you can buy Muzzy fender eliminator SGD60.00 from Motoworld. It still house the original turn signals and number plate light which is quite cool.

 

Hope dis help bro. :thumb:

http://www.imperial-concepts.com/web/images/zoom/MSALFE/dsc1102_resize.jpg
Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by kawi71@May 19 2006, 11:02 AM

Wat diff dude???? U looking at the US model is it???? No diff at all la.

 

As for the fender thing, YES!!!! its ILLEGAL bcoz LTA think it willl "reduce" water spray. (WTF they thinking.... Take no rocket scientist to figure tat out ah Mr LTA. Try following a bike in the rain wif a fender and no fender!!! NO FECK DIFF LA u MOROOOOOON!!!!).

 

If u want to test the law you can buy Muzzy fender eliminator SGD60.00 from Motoworld. It still house the original turn signals and number plate light which is quite cool.

 

Hope dis help bro. :thumb:

oh?! only US models has signals diff? chey...

 

damn the fender.. grrrr.. i knew it. in sg, everything is illegal.

 

any damper to recommend? the GPR stabiliser looks damn cool.

 

i think 99% im gg with 636.

Ventura Puig Keiti Bagster Motovation Akrapovic BMC Pazzo GPR RaceShield Brembo Bridgestone EBC

Arai AGV Alpinestar Dainese Sidi Coolmax

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by GerardSantaCruz@May 19 2006, 05:15 PM

oh?! only US models has signals diff? chey...

 

damn the fender.. grrrr.. i knew it. in sg, everything is illegal.

 

any damper to recommend? the GPR stabiliser looks damn cool.

 

i think 99% im gg with 636.

Cool dude!!! Wait for ya yeah?? But dun wait too long la. Anyways, my bike is undergoing Nakano Replica lookalike project. Still afew more logos to trace. Shud begin sticking up next week or next sat. Kindof like the 2006 MotoGP look.

 

Steering damper ah????.......hmmmm......... arrows(700++) & Ohlins(700++). Dun really like the GPR look. Prefer the old shool look. Anyways, the bike no need the damper. In U.S and U.K there is still no complain about headshakes uner extreme conditions. So gonna save the money instead for the Akraprovic end-can. :thumb:

http://www.imperial-concepts.com/web/images/zoom/MSALFE/dsc1102_resize.jpg
Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by kawi71@May 19 2006, 05:53 PM

Cool dude!!! Wait for ya yeah?? But dun wait too long la. Anyways, my bike is undergoing Nakano Replica lookalike project. Still afew more logos to trace. Shud begin sticking up next week or next sat. Kindof like the 2006 MotoGP look.

 

Steering damper ah????.......hmmmm......... arrows(700++) & Ohlins(700++). Dun really like the GPR look. Prefer the old shool look. Anyways, the bike no need the damper. In U.S and U.K there is still no complain about headshakes uner extreme conditions. So gonna save the money instead for the Akraprovic end-can. :thumb:

nakano transformation?! woa... no originality leh. :sweat:

 

kawi forums lotsa people complain headshakes leh. i think i need damping. i damn kiasi. akra endcan? i want 2bros! :lol:

Ventura Puig Keiti Bagster Motovation Akrapovic BMC Pazzo GPR RaceShield Brembo Bridgestone EBC

Arai AGV Alpinestar Dainese Sidi Coolmax

Link to post
Share on other sites

hehehe,,, yo guys ,,what's up,sorry about the comparing things...to all my S4 BRUDDER,NINJA BRUDDERS.. to my apologies... anyway i feel lonely riding this 10R.. around ANG MO KIO maybe that's why i say that way huh...any outing in june??? would like to join u guys huh...KAWABUNGAS kah kah kah...:cheeky: :cheeky:

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by SKIMMER@May 21 2006, 08:02 PM

hehehe,,, yo guys ,,what's up,sorry about the comparing things...to all my S4 BRUDDER,NINJA BRUDDERS.. to my apologies... anyway i feel lonely riding this 10R.. around ANG MO KIO maybe that's why i say that way huh...any outing in june??? would like to join u guys huh...KAWABUNGAS kah kah kah...:cheeky: :cheeky:

Lonely ah??? Heheheee..... not too sure im coming out coz me bike under going motogp replica transformation la. Sticker half done. Too tired n lazy but shud be done by next weekend. Eye nearly popping out from the tracing. Shud be ready only for cutting in a day or 2.

http://www.imperial-concepts.com/web/images/zoom/MSALFE/dsc1102_resize.jpg
Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I have been riding the 636B1H for 3 years now, I climbed onto the new 10r, the Riding posture is EXCELLENT! Feels alot like the 6! But only when still. :cheeky:

I loved the 12R even before I bought the 6. Till now it can only be a dream cosidering the insurance, rd tax, Big tires, etc... Frankly speaking, I have not fully utilized the 6's to it's fullest! That kept me going on. If I can't handle the 6 fully, why should I go on with the 10r or the 12r? Till now, the 6 was never a regret for me, I am enjoying it much more then other makes on the track. Get a bike that you will love it, not suffer for it.

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Link to post
Share on other sites

hi guys.. just need to check this out with u guys..

have been fantasizing the 636 for quite some time now..

any idea whats the insurance like for a 24 yr old?

Some people measure their adventures in miles or days. I prefer "lamp posts".

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by kambing@May 23 2006, 02:39 PM

hi guys.. just need to check this out with u guys..

have been fantasizing the 636 for quite some time now..

any idea whats the insurance like for a 24 yr old?

under AIG,

1k 2nd party.

1.3k 1st party.

all after GST.

go for 1st party.

 

:btw: we are of the same age. im gettin 636 as well. wanna get it together?

 

fantasizing is unhealthy, let's go for the real deal.

Ventura Puig Keiti Bagster Motovation Akrapovic BMC Pazzo GPR RaceShield Brembo Bridgestone EBC

Arai AGV Alpinestar Dainese Sidi Coolmax

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by kambing@May 23 2006, 02:39 PM

hi guys.. just need to check this out with u guys..

have been fantasizing the 636 for quite some time now..

any idea whats the insurance like for a 24 yr old?

aik ,,,yeah brooo welcome to the club bro ,,, kawabunga!!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites

anybodek wanna orgy ... opps ... i mean organize an island wide rounding??? ... damn bored sia ... type type type ... wait wait wait ... if not i go join the KRR group liao ... :faint: more happening ...

http://www.boysstuff.co.uk/Images/prod_center/kawasaki_cen_200_81110.jpg

Courtesy of Boys Stuff UK

Link to post
Share on other sites

ahax.. thanks dude for the info..

i have to fantasize 1st..

need to psycho my missus cause she's too attached to my current ride..

but i... i.... i... want a 636!~

:cheeky:

Some people measure their adventures in miles or days. I prefer "lamp posts".

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by Phryford@May 24 2006, 07:40 PM

i lurve ZX636!! it's damn gorgeous.. i test ride it at Bukit Merah.. b4 gettin my current ride....

 

if i were not to get my current ride.. i'll sure take zx6 one!.. haiz...

Hi Phryford! U riding the 06 R6 right??? Were u at the evans road meetup wif JK??

http://www.imperial-concepts.com/web/images/zoom/MSALFE/dsc1102_resize.jpg
Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by EVOIIIGSR@May 24 2006, 05:10 PM

anybodek wanna orgy ... opps ... i mean organize an island wide rounding??? ... damn bored sia ... type type type ... wait wait wait ... if not i go join the KRR group liao ... :faint: more happening ...

will join u when i get my ride. :lol:

Ventura Puig Keiti Bagster Motovation Akrapovic BMC Pazzo GPR RaceShield Brembo Bridgestone EBC

Arai AGV Alpinestar Dainese Sidi Coolmax

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by Phryford@May 24 2006, 07:40 PM

i lurve ZX636!! it's damn gorgeous.. i test ride it at Bukit Merah.. b4 gettin my current ride....

 

if i were not to get my current ride.. i'll sure take zx6 one!.. haiz...

aik u also want to join hoh... like this i am not alone in MSR lah..:cheeky: :cheeky:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...