SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Custom Lane for bike with panniers

roccobenji

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi need info on custom lanes for big bikes with panniers. A friend mentioned that lane 1 and 2 is for bigger bikes at woodlands checkpoint. What about Tuas? Googled but no info on this topic.

Thanks in advance.

For Tuas, manual lane u got to go to the back last 2 lanes ( Left n right ). For biometric lane, go to the first lane. Hope this helps. Just for your info, if the manual last 2 lane closed, just stop your bike infront and ask the officer to open the lane for you to cross. I always do that as I dun want to risk on smaller lanes.

• 2 weeks later...
Blur me forgot to ask for the return trip!

Any designated lanes for big bike for both Woodlands and Tuas when return from Malaysia?

Same route as you leave Singapore. Manual lane the last 2 counter ( Left or right ). Biometric lane first counter. I only go via Tuas. Tried woodlands once and too tight for comfort. So no woodlands for me.

Thanks again. Didn't take the risk too. Took tuas instead.

ya. One of my friend lost his balance and tip over his brand new BMW RT at woodlands. I dun understand our LTA scholar thinking. Build such a small lane. They think everyone ride small bike meh.

4 SEPT 2016 8pm. i was one of the thousands bikers who were stuck at our woodland checkpoint. why??? "they" closed the whole section of the automated lanes. THEY should know that people tend to return home sunday evening in the drove. and then people tend to go work next day is monday. whats worse, there was no information that they closed the lanes and only 3 manual lanes were open . whats even worse no apologies for the breakdown/ inconvenience / long waiting time.

At least those road site repairs, the contractors put sign offering apologies. our ICA seem to think we let you in here already good what. want apologies somemore. it lets me to think there is no compassion at all.

I once wen in by wdlands chqpoint thru the biometric lane n i tink bike wif side pannier will have difficulty goin thru. But saw mostly go thru manual lane in woodlands but I still tink its a tight fit.

Lately i tink its gonna b more difficult bike wif pannier to go in via woodlands as Jb chqpoint are buildin up some sort of barrier in between the each lane. Even w/o pannier its already a tight fit. So i tink future wont b able too.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

When go to JB via causeway, there are 3 motorcycle lanes when you reached the JB custom. First lane on your right , go to the first counter ( designated for bike with pannier) . Center lane and right side lane, go to last counter of the lane. ( designated for bike with pannier).

When coming back to Sg, JB custom got 2 lanes for motorcycle, Right side or left side lane. First counter for left side lane and last counter for right side lane.

I was told by the JB custom security staff when was there. Do updates when you got new info.

I went by tuas this morning on a gsa full original panniers. Has no problems inwards. Coming out was a little shock at the singapore side.. lane very narrow and kerb in between very high...

Still managed to clear without drama. Note that the side stand cannot be extended while in lane cos the kerb is blocking...

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk