SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

How much is reasonable in repairing?

I had an accident and there are some damage on the Phantom TA200. I am wondering how much should it cost on the below repair? I don't wanna get chop.

Head Lamp broken

Handle Bar bend

Clutch Lever bend

Fork need to be changed

Fuel tank dent (should change or un-dent?)

Front wheel need alignment

IU broken

Edited by chaplin_lee

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had an accident and there are some damage on the Phantom TA200. I am wondering how much should it cost on the below repair? I don't wanna get chop.

Head Lamp broken

Handle Bar bend

Clutch Lever bend

Folk need to be changed

IU broken

Folk if injured please send to hospital. You don't just change folk when they are not normal. Be a responsible person.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Folk if injured please send to hospital. You don't just change folk when they are not normal. Be a responsible person.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOL.... I'm pretty sure he meant FORK... =P

A mid-lifer who started late on the motorised 2-wheeler game. Currently riding a 200NS - with a P-plate.

Randomly rants at www.sgBikerBoy.com

Head Lamp broken

Handle Bar bend

Clutch Lever bend

Folk need to be changed

IU broken

I'm curious as to why you decided to obtain a quote from the members of this forum - who are mainly motorcycle RIDERS or USERS, instead of asking around with a few bike repair shops?

A mid-lifer who started late on the motorised 2-wheeler game. Currently riding a 200NS - with a P-plate.

Randomly rants at www.sgBikerBoy.com

I'm curious as to why you decided to obtain a quote from the members of this forum - who are mainly motorcycle RIDERS or USERS, instead of asking around with a few bike repair shops?

Just ask around while i only have one quote at the moment. Any reliable bike repair shops to recommend?

Is the clutch lever bent or snapped in half? If it's just bent, leave it or slowly bend it back yourself. Not difficult.

Dent fuel tank, Also should be able to leave it. If it's not cracked and leaking fuel, it's fine. Will hurt your resale value unless you buy a new one, but if u plan on riding it till cow come home, no need to waste money.

Fork's get it replaced, will be the most expensive item on the list, probably close to half a grand or more. The front assembly alignment should come free with the forks anyway.

IU, go to Vicom and get it replaced free if still under warranty, otherwise it's $100 IIRC. Don't pay more than that for IU.

Handlebars are cheap, you can get one for roughly $120 or less.

Headlights also another expensive item, but you can get one on carousell cheaply. If not picky, can just pick any old headlight cowl and stick your bulb back inside.

Check out my Website for freelance design and marketing services! : www.reizeprimus.com

Or watch my Youtube channel for more Motovlogs and Motorcycling Content! : www.youtube.com/ReizePrimus

Is the clutch lever bent or snapped in half? If it's just bent, leave it or slowly bend it back yourself. Not difficult.

Dent fuel tank, Also should be able to leave it. If it's not cracked and leaking fuel, it's fine. Will hurt your resale value unless you buy a new one, but if u plan on riding it till cow come home, no need to waste money.

Fork's get it replaced, will be the most expensive item on the list, probably close to half a grand or more. The front assembly alignment should come free with the forks anyway.

IU, go to Vicom and get it replaced free if still under warranty, otherwise it's $100 IIRC. Don't pay more than that for IU.

Handlebars are cheap, you can get one for roughly $120 or less.

Headlights also another expensive item, but you can get one on carousell cheaply. If not picky, can just pick any old headlight cowl and stick your bulb back inside.

Clutch lever bent, not break.

Dent fuel tank, not sure got crack or any leaking. Have not ride it since the accident.

Fork likely will get a used one.

IU no more warranty.

Safety is my first priority, so i intent to repair everything. A repair shop quote me a lum sum to repair everything, swapping used parts from other bike, i would want to know how much will it cost if all the parts are used.

Safety is my first priority, so i intent to repair everything. A repair shop quote me a lum sum to repair everything, swapping used parts from other bike, i would want to know how much will it cost if all the parts are used.

If safety is a priority, you would never buy used forks unless you know how to inspect for leakage and warping yourself.

The rest is okay to buy used. Not cheaper by much anyway, if you can source second hand parts from other private sellers maybe 60% of original cost?

Check out my Website for freelance design and marketing services! : www.reizeprimus.com

Or watch my Youtube channel for more Motovlogs and Motorcycling Content! : www.youtube.com/ReizePrimus

hey u know what....this is a good time to upgrade ur dented tank to a super4 pb1 or ver s tank....20 litres....i ever saw a phantom 200 fixed with a s4 tank....coool!

I ride at 70km/hr only...please please dont blow2 at me or overtake me dangerously....wait i change into Incredible Hulk n dont know why my little baby bike will always be ahead of u if u do that