SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

honda blackbird

roadtoad

Originally posted by nitro@Apr 17 2004, 04:54 PM

are these prices quoted as machine price or as OTR price?

just came back from my Bird Hunting from Mah, not very impressed by their customer service.

Saw this Red Color BB, very keen

- Plate : FX4@3D

- Mileage ~ 22K km

- Tyres : Sportsmax Touring, not wore out

- Exhaust : HM MAT DJ

- Brakedisk : Nisim

- Bike Engine : Sounded normal

- Exterior : No scratches nor any minor dents

- No accessories

Being quoted $17500 as machine price. $19713 OTR inclusive of 2nd Party insurance, GST, Road Tax and etc.

Is the price reasonable?

Any BB riders has experienced with this owner?

e prices were bike prices.. based on e rough quotes i got when i was hunting around for a bird..

i tink e price u got for e FX bird doesnt sound very attractive.. e mileage is high too.. considering dat i rem u saying u want one with a low milage.. i suppose most of us clock around 20k km in a yr.. so i would presume this bike has been all around..

hmm.. if lets say i presume dat e salesman made up "convincingly good" story abt e previous owner being a rich bugger who owns a dozen cars n bikes.. n dat he takes gd care abt e bike n blah blah blah.. i still dun tink it tallies with e bike's mileage.. so is he a businessman who rides 50km to n from work everyday? or an expat who always goes to thailand for latenite suppers?

e cherry-popping experience may well e worth more than e $2-3k to u.. so skip this deal i suppose.. gd luck for ur hunting.. (i took almost 5mths :cool:)

• Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by kunz@Apr 18 2004, 01:31 PM

e prices were bike prices.. based on e rough quotes i got when i was hunting around for a bird..

i tink e price u got for e FX bird doesnt sound very attractive.. e mileage is high too.. considering dat i rem u saying u want one with a low milage.. i suppose most of us clock around 20k km in a yr.. so i would presume this bike has been all around..

hmm.. if lets say i presume dat e salesman made up "convincingly good" story abt e previous owner being a rich bugger who owns a dozen cars n bikes.. n dat he takes gd care abt e bike n blah blah blah.. i still dun tink it tallies with e bike's mileage.. so is he a businessman who rides 50km to n from work everyday? or an expat who always goes to thailand for latenite suppers?

e cherry-popping experience may well e worth more than e $2-3k to u.. so skip this deal i suppose.. gd luck for ur hunting.. (i took almost 5mths :cool:)

Kunz, thanks for your kind replies and explanations.

Yes, precisely, i have thought of those which you mentioned yesterday. Again, i do not want to be unfair to the previous owner by typing about my presumtions.

I just offered a $ which i deemed is reasonable to what i see for myself physically.

Will continue my hunting.

Cheers!

Hi Kunz, to clock 22k for 8 mths, on the day he get the bike need to ride at least 90km everyday... or frequent long trip... rare typr of rich ppl.. ha ha no flaming:sweat:

for me, it was a bit rush.... the kind of risk that i already take into consideration.... and lastly... cant wait for 5 mths.

Nitro.... good luck in yr hunting. Let us know the outcome:goodluck:

Guest R1szuan
Originally posted by Black Jet@Apr 18 2004, 02:01 AM

1. pai (93869485)

2. wei (94571270)

3. riszuan (91818123)

4. fish (90671705)

5. Kumar (90042781)

6. silverbirdxxx (96876665)

7. hondacbr2001 ( 97455541 )

8. dreams2345(98538464)

9. kunz (96925112)

10. Saintdudu (97619612)

11. lightspeed (93896065)

12.Black Jet(96776993)

Hey that is a nice avatar. I was thinkin respraying my bike to that design however none of sgp paintshop can do that kinda of job.

Welcome to the club brother. We will be sms u if there is any kopi coming up ok

Guest R1szuan
Originally posted by nitro@Apr 18 2004, 12:39 AM

Maroon BB

The bike is located on the 1st floor, walk in can see on the left hand side, with another black FQ BB next to it. Hmn, Maroon BB got demoted from 2nd floor to 1st floor?

Heard from the Sales, the owner is some kind of top $ earners, shall not elaborate his job scope, to be fair to him. As for me, i do not believe in Sales bullshit @ all.

When you want to buy car, they will bullshit previous owner is Lady female driver, whatever crap. I am only interested in the $ and condition of the bike.

Tyres looks reasonable, not that bald. I used my fingers to measure it. Engine sounded normal.

Sales Service

Hot weather, anyway i am used to easy wearing. I do agree Image is the thing when coming to business. However now i am customer, i am paying premiums, thus i expect some proper Sales Services.

Still remembered when i asked my Uncle why he bought a Jaguar instead of a Mercedes, he told me that he walked into Mercedes Showroom wearing a Singlet (With holes somemore) and with a slippers, no Sales bother to entertain him. Thus, he went for Jaguar because the Sales @ Jaguar entertained him.

well bro we aint leaving in some country where they treat all walk in customer as important.

Here image first then later talk buiness.

Anyway i got the worst expericne with Boon Siew and Hong Leong Showroom when i visited them in order to get some info on some bikes. I was totally ignored and when i enquired with them they told me that this is only for dealers to buy bike here. Not meant for walk in. Mind you i was decently dress and this is the msg they gave me? :nono:

anyway i did have 1 good experince with BMW. (this is my personal xperince) i know some ppl dunt agreed. I was well welcome and served and they way they treat me make me feel comfortable in buyin bikes from them,even though i knoe BMW bikes are costly. Even though i am not planning to buy anything they still want to know what i want and what kinda of rider i am. So it varies man!

Anyway have fun hunting. Got a good bird. Call us and join us then we fly baby:thumb:

Hey, I will going for this sunday trip to malacca... wanna join mi ? keke

ps, its gonna be a slow ride.. :p

hope to see more birds there... :)

malacca trip

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y281/Saintdudu/desaru%20080706/allbikes2.jpg

U cAn SpEeD .... bUt CaN u StOp In TiMe??

"SpeEd On BrOtHeR, HELL AiNt FULL

PoWeR iS nOtHiNg WiThOuT cOnTrOl

Guest R1szuan

aiyoh wish i can go but pocket dunt allow. can only go short trips like mersing touch and go.

Next month insurance expire liao. need to save up $1200 for TPFT. and $200 for half year road tax.

sian sian :cry: :cry: :cry:

Originally posted by lightspeed@Apr 21 2004, 12:16 AM

kunz organize pump petrol at Jb tonight, around 11pm.. any idea that time still jam or not hah.... got once stuck there around that time i think... forget liao... quite some time already

any last minutte kaki? place of meeting TBD....

Kunz, anymore details......?:cheer:

dun worry try this number to check causeway if it jam ..68630117 u can have a smooth ride with it

take very gd care for others road user went speeding ./.....////

last sat when i ride my wave along upp serangoon a specII yellow col plate number FW 783xx tailgate mi for a distance end up cut along my way and try to show off his vtec to mi, at tat veri moment mi fed up liao tis guy try to bully a 125cc bike wit his 400cc .....feel like going home to get my BB out let him know wats is super bike fxxk men ....i really hate those ppl who bully smaller bikers on the rd ..........do u guys think he did the right thing ???????????not all ppl who ride a smaller bike cant afford bigger bike or car some time they just wan to relax . i promise e mxt time i saw tat specII wit my BB i make sure tat guy respect mi haha.....no matter wat u ride on the rd as long u r 2 wheeler ( haley ,goldwing,ducati,or even a kup kia ) u all got to get wet on raining day so dun have to show off ..am i right all BB member huh?????????sad to see those rider who do tat hope they know they also a rider without protection at all :bouncefire: :bouncefire: btw seen e member getting more liao veri happy :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

take very gd care for others road user went speeding ./.....////

Originally posted by R1szuan@Apr 20 2004, 11:01 PM

aiyoh wish i can go but pocket dunt allow. can only go short trips like mersing touch and go.

Next month insurance expire liao. need to save up $1200 for TPFT. and $200 for half year road tax.

sian sian :cry: :cry: :cry:

R1szuan, are you young @ age or NCB is not max yet due to demerit points?

Originally posted by kunz@Apr 18 2004, 01:31 PM

Kunz, when you are hunting for BB for 5mths, can you remember which shop still has brand new BBs where i can try my luck?

Cheers

Originally posted by Black Jet@Apr 18 2004, 02:01 AM

1. pai (93869485)

2. wei (94571270)

3. riszuan (91818123)

4. fish (90671705)

5. Kumar (90042781)

6. silverbirdxxx (96876665)

7. hondacbr2001 ( 97455541 )

8. dreams2345(98538464)

9. kunz (96925112)

10. Saintdudu (97619612)

11. lightspeed (93896065)

12.Black Jet(96776993)

13.cbr1100(97994003)

to all bb riders, can i join u guys?????? i had add in my contact no. :cheer:

Originally posted by cbr1100@Apr 21 2004, 09:52 PM

hi nitro, i think u can go n try mah motor or looi's. they can bring in for u if u r serious buying it.:smile:

cbr, i will give M@h a miss after the Sh!t services i got last weekend.

Where is Loois located? thinking to try Universal Motor during my lunch time on fri.

Originally posted by cbr1100@Apr 21 2004, 09:56 PM

to all bb riders, can i join u guys?????? i had add in my contact no. :cheer:

welcome man...gettin more sia..

http://1990cbr1000f.superbikeclub.com/images/avatar_1.jpghttp://s.deviantart.com/static/fella-wrench.jpg

The church is near, but the road is icy. The bar is far away, but I will walk carefully.

Originally posted by lightspeed@Apr 21 2004, 11:53 PM

Pai, any place to service the clutch? any idea roughly how much it cost?

i tat time go ah lai change clutch fluid $15. 10 mins job. hassle free.:smile:

http://1990cbr1000f.superbikeclub.com/images/avatar_1.jpghttp://s.deviantart.com/static/fella-wrench.jpg

The church is near, but the road is icy. The bar is far away, but I will walk carefully.

Originally posted by nitro@Apr 21 2004, 09:23 PM

Kunz, when you are hunting for BB for 5mths, can you remember which shop still has brand new BBs where i can try my luck?

Cheers

hmm i wasnt considering new bbs at all.. jus mainly jus waiting for private deals from e net.. so i dun really kno man.. paisei paisei..

so u still only interested in a blue one? its ironic man.. i took all this while to find a black bb, then i ended up with a blue.. lightspeed wanted a silver n got a black.. haha.. damn!

Originally posted by kunz@Apr 22 2004, 01:39 AM

hmm i wasnt considering new bbs at all.. jus mainly jus waiting for private deals from e net.. so i dun really kno man.. paisei paisei..

so u still only interested in a blue one? its ironic man.. i took all this while to find a black bb, then i ended up with a blue.. lightspeed wanted a silver n got a black.. haha.. damn!

yeah, Fate has always been playing with us.

If @ M@h, they willing to slash by $500, probably I would end up with a Maroon Color? Just cannot resist the 3 digits No. plate.

Hi guys,

I used to ride a beautifull Blackbird. I've since sold off the bike but I still have a brand new clear Ventura Headlight protector in the original packaging. I want to sell it off as I don't see myself buying another Blackbird for the time being. I never got to use the cover at all other then fix the velcro. To make a long story short:

Brand new headlight cover going for S$30.

Interested riders SMS me at 92702073.

Thanks. Ride fast but safe.

Sankar

Guest R1szuan
Originally posted by nitro@Apr 21 2004, 09:21 PM

R1szuan, are you young @ age or NCB is not max yet due to demerit points?

hi nitro

i am 25 this year so i guess i still fall in the vunerable age. No NCB yet. singapore insurance dont think take demerits points as 1 of the factor for the quotation.