• Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Are grip lock effective?

Been looking at bike security, the GPS tracker can't be used anymore as no more 2G network in Singapore.

There's still alarm, disk brake lock, grip lock, and your chain if that is your style.

When discussing with my friends on the ways to break those lock, not that I want to steal any bike, we found that the grip lock don't seems to be of any use.

Remove the brake lever and install a new one, remove bar end and slice the grip. You can then move the bike off. If you manage to start the bike, you can even ride it away. How secure is grip lock?

Been looking at bike security, the GPS tracker can't be used anymore as no more 2G network in Singapore.

There's still alarm, disk brake lock, grip lock, and your chain if that is your style.

When discussing with my friends on the ways to break those lock, not that I want to steal any bike, we found that the grip lock don't seems to be of any use.

Remove the brake lever and install a new one, remove bar end and slice the grip. You can then move the bike off. If you manage to start the bike, you can even ride it away. How secure is grip lock?

Grip lock and disc brake lock are on the same level, just inconvenient, can only prevent the kind of solo thieves that have to hotwire and ride/roll the bike away to steal it.

Not secure. If I want to steal your bike, I'll just bring a lorry, 2 friends, and carry the bike and put it in the back. That's probably how my friend's Super 4 got stolen years ago in JB.

The best security is to chain the bike down to another bike or lamp post and cover it up.

Check out my Website! : www.reizeprimus.tk

Or watch my Youtube channel for more Motovlogs and Motorcycling Content! : www.youtube.com/ReizePrimus

What I can say is, if they really want to take your bike. Nothing can stop these people. It only takes 2 to 4 guys to life the bike up and off they go.

What we can do to prevent all these is to let 'them know' that this bike is harder for them to take action.

Covering up, disc/throttle lock, chaining it are some common ways.

For me, cover it.

First - I seldom ride, so its a way to fend off the dust.

Second - out of sight, out of mind

• Like 1

http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z341/lotand/IMG_1124.jpg

Ride Defensively; always.

Class BB2BDC - 11AUG2010

Kawasaki KIPS -> 2010 ~ 2014

Aprilia RS125(09) -> 2014 ~ 2017

Class BB2ADC - NOV2016

Suzuki DRZ -> 2017 ~ 2018

Honda Revo -> 2018 ~

• 4 years later...

Locks are effective only when they are purchased from a reliable manufacturer. In addition, not everyone knows how to install locks efficiently. Even in the installation of a bicycle lock, there are difficulties. And if you do not know the subtleties of this work, it is better to entrust it to professionals. I prefer to contact a local locksmith with such tasks. And he always does his job efficiently and quickly. There has never been a situation in my life when my bike was stolen. I am sure this is so because I am responsible for choosing and installing a bicycle lock.