SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Looking to upgrade to a new daily commute bike. Opinions please!

pndamnm

Hey guys! Basically I am moving on from my trusty Yamaha FZ16 to something that can hopefully satisfy my desires and needs in terms of power and comfort. I'm looking within the class 2A range but also open to suggestions from class 2 as well. To be more precise, I am looking at a balance of power and being economical (in terms of maintenance, servicing, fuel consumption). I understand that it is a give or take between the two factors. Honestly, I would be satisfied if I can cruise comfortably at 120 km/h. That's just the type of rider I am :lol:

I am looking at two bikes. Honda Super 4 CB400 Revo and Suzuki Burgman 400. My friends have suggested a Yamaha TMax. A bit apprehensive as I heard maintenance isn't cheap. Heard maintaining a Super 4 costs as much as a class 2 bike and the FC is on the low side. Burgman 400, I am unsure of the maintenance costs and my friends have told me the power will not satisfy me.

I am looking to own my next bike for a very long time. Most likely looking at a first hand/new one. So yeah, I'm looking forward to reading the input from you guys!

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CB400 actually has very good FC. Avoid the TMax, it's a gas guzzler for it's size.

Super 4's maintenance is only similar to Class 2 bikes because it's a 4 cylinder machine. 4 plugs, 16 valves to care for. But it's probably the only choice here that will cruise at 120 without feeling like it will explode.

Burgman can hit 120+ (I think even 150), but it's not going to feel as relaxed and smooth.

Check out my Website for freelance design and marketing services! : www.reizeprimus.com

Or watch my Youtube channel for more Motovlogs and Motorcycling Content! : www.youtube.com/ReizePrimus

maybe you can consider bikes with ccs lower than 1000ccs....easier on the insurance and road tax...,a few options can be honda cb750...suzuki gsf650...suzuki sv650....yamaha tdm900....kawasaki er650n...

maintainance wise honestly is exactly the same as a cb400....yet with hp between 70 and 86.....you get more torque for ur buck.....also tires sizes are exactly the same as pb1 cb400 or vtec1 cb400....so ur using class 2 bike but with class 2a tires...

class 2a tires are popular so their prices are very competitive...

I ride at 70km/hr only...please please dont blow2 at me or overtake me dangerously....wait i change into Incredible Hulk n dont know why my little baby bike will always be ahead of u if u do that

CB400 actually has very good FC. Avoid the TMax, it's a gas guzzler for it's size.

Super 4's maintenance is only similar to Class 2 bikes because it's a 4 cylinder machine. 4 plugs, 16 valves to care for. But it's probably the only choice here that will cruise at 120 without feeling like it will explode.

Burgman can hit 120+ (I think even 150), but it's not going to feel as relaxed and smooth.

So would your personal opinion be the Honda CB400 Revo?

• 2 weeks later...

Honda nc750 is a class 2 bike. But maintance can easily easily be done by yourself. Petrol consumption is excellent. You can can shift the gear at only 2000 rpm to maximise petrol economy. Better sill you buy the automatic version which are program to be economical.

So would your personal opinion be the Honda CB400 Revo?

Yea, the CB400 Revo isn't bad. Although some people consider the older Spec III to be better because it's the last one to use carbs.

But I think the new one with fuel injection will make life easier for you when it comes to maintenance since the interval isn't as often as a carb.

Check out my Website for freelance design and marketing services! : www.reizeprimus.com

Or watch my Youtube channel for more Motovlogs and Motorcycling Content! : www.youtube.com/ReizePrimus

Honda nc750 is a class 2 bike. But maintance can easily easily be done by yourself. Petrol consumption is excellent. You can can shift the gear at only 2000 rpm to maximise petrol economy. Better sill you buy the automatic version which are program to be economical.

Not forgetting the front storage space.

http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z341/lotand/IMG_1124.jpg

Ride Defensively; always.

Class BB2BDC - 11AUG2010

Kawasaki KIPS -> 2010 ~ 2014

Aprilia RS125(09) -> 2014 ~ 2017

Class BB2ADC - NOV2016

Suzuki DRZ -> 2017 ~ 2018

Honda Revo -> 2018 ~

Hi guys, I'm also looking to get a CB400, but I have a question. Alot of CB400 seem quite old based on the registration dates. What are your takes on getting a bike which is >10 years? This is quite different from car in SG as I understand all cars are usually scrapped aft 10 years. thx.

Old bikes are okay, but must do your due diligence in ensuring the bike is in good condition when you get it. Most motorcycles are rabak by that time unless it's a premium exotic vehicle owned by some rich expat/doctor who is unlikely to whack the bike until it dies.

Also road tax for bikes older than 10 years is higher. Starts at +10% for an 11 year old bike.