SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

CBX 250 Twister

smurfie78

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am riding a JDM Honda 250cc bike, currently 17 years old. The part number already changed, but if it's still available, Boon Siew will know the new part number.

Here's my suggestion:

For your oil filter, go for K&N oil filter. They are way cheaper and reviews are mostly good. Keep a few Honda oil filters if they comes with O-ring seals, as K&N dun come with these.

For your air filter, I suggest you go mod your current air filter into a K&N air filter. For my case I just removed the old paper filter, buy a car type of the right size, and seal it on top of my old filter plastics.

Probably won't find it. The only one I've seen before is Super 4's type. Anyway, for mine I go to bikeshop and ask them to open up, cos I want to clean the vapour inside the front plastic.

So if your's no vapour inside, maybe dun open up is a better thing :)

Btw, I'm not riding a Twister.

• 2 months later...

Hi fellow Twister and Titan riders! Recently I also encountered the "no parts" situation from the wonderful Boon Siew parts support (or lack thereof). A voice over the phone said that I may need to wait 1 year or 2 years for my part. I took all my self control to keep my vulgarities in check.

Anyway, to cut the long story short, I started searching for online parts store to get my parts. After sending quite a few emails, I found an online parts store in Brazil that was very helpful. Here is the website:

Masada

http://www.masada.com.br/

Email:

contato@masada.com.br

I ordered about $300+ worth of parts including the Stator, Ignition Coil, Rectifier and even the CDI among others (these are OEM parts, but they work). For some reason (they said "conference" and it meant checking the parts. My guess is that they probably had to order from the supplier?), they took about 2 weeks before shipping the parts (received the tracking number). After that another 2 weeks for the parts to come. I chose express shipping ($135 or something depends on weight). Normal shipping will take about 20 days they said but cost less.

Order.jpgRectifier.jpgStator.jpg

Throughout the wait, communication from the support staff was very good and emails were replied promptly (factoring the 12-13hrs time difference). The 2 persons I communicated with were Isadora Medina and Eduardo Saldanha. Their English were excellent. Isadora was also very apologetic throughout the shipping delay.

The way I do it was as follows:

1) Type in CBX250 in the search box and see what items I wanted OR use google translate to figure out the Portuguese equivalent of the part (eg Stator = Estator, Cable = Cabo etc...can learn some Portuguese along the way)

2) Copy their http links and paste it into an email with description

3) State number of units I wanted

4) Asked for total costs plus shipping

5) Once I confirmed with them the order, they will send an invoice to my Paypal account in Brazilian Real which I can then pay using SGD using Paypal

The CBX250 and the CG125 Titan are fantastic bikes which Boon Siew SG has let down in the area of support.

Now, we have an avenue to find our parts!

Hope that this helps the fellow riders out there!

Cheers!

Edited by koyume1

I am riding a JDM Honda 250cc bike, currently 17 years old. The part number already changed, but if it's still available, Boon Siew will know the new part number.

Here's my suggestion:

For your oil filter, go for K&N oil filter. They are way cheaper and reviews are mostly good. Keep a few Honda oil filters if they comes with O-ring seals, as K&N dun come with these.

For your air filter, I suggest you go mod your current air filter into a K&N air filter. For my case I just removed the old paper filter, buy a car type of the right size, and seal it on top of my old filter plastics.

How do you replace the filter paper where they are inside the wires. FYI, CBX250 air filter looks like oil filter but bigger in side. they are unlike the car filter which is a rectangular block.

Oil filter $35 is expensive but if you change at the bike shop that price including workmanship I think should be reasonable, fyi I bought at Everfit (Genuine Honda Stockist) in Desker road is $9 but then that is July 2012. Normally I buy 6 pcs at one go cause I change the engine oil and oil filter myself.

I got the oil filter at eversuccess for $10 (original), $5 (OEM) recently (end2015).

Normally I'll buy 2 pieces which I change at around 5,000km interval. oil change every 2500km.

thanks bro for the website. those parts you bought seems like going to do overhaul the engine?

beside asking boon siew, did you try asking from other Honda distributors?

Yup, I called around but they have no charging coil either.

My bike is having some electrical problems and I bought these parts since I might as well get all of them in one go.

Boon Siew parts support is quite crap to be honest. The best I experienced was from Guan Hoe (Suzuki). I can even order 4 pieces of screw and they will be sent here within 2 weeks if they had to order.

Makes me wonder if I should buy another Honda in the future.

Thks bro for those online info. BTW , the meter that I got from China working fine after almost 2 months already.

Another problem like to ask bro out there, I having this problem of engine suddenly just dead.. Can be on road, I dealing, or just start up... When it dead... U can't start it.. No sound, nothing... Panel light will go off, but funny thing is the head light still on, n the horn still work very loud. I already change the starter coil.. Still same.. O, is like the engine off switch is pressed on... But of course I already checked.. Sometime it just start again after afew press on the start button, but some time need to engage gear n roll abit to start it... Anyone have this problem??

Hmm, could this be a sign of the rectifier starting to fail?

My GSXR showed such symptoms when the rectifier was failing. My meter would not work for a while then there was a total black out.

Electrical issues can be a pain. Better send the bike to a workshop. I recommend Tachyon motor at Tampines. Look for Amir. He fixed my bike recently.

Tel: 6783-1948

Change the starter carbon... For few days no problem..after abt 6 days.. Problem again. Change the battery, same , after 2 days... Problem come back again...

Can u relate the problem in detail again?

Now the engine still dies off while u are riding it? The meter panel lights good off but the headlight is still on?

It could be a bad connection due to corrosion in the connectors. It could also be a bad ground, bad switches.

If u have time, u can open the headlight and check the condition of the connectors there. Clean it with a fine grade sandpaper and contact cleaner.

Next, take out the left side cover and check the connectors there. Clean them all, including the fuses.

Check the ground connector (I think it's near the starter. There maybe corrosion and rust.

Then open the kill switch (right side of handlebar) and clean the switches with a fine sandpaper, contact cleaner.

If not, send to a bike shop that u can trust to trace the problem. Tracing electrical problems can be time consuming.

I use Google translate to translate in English so I know where to search etc...

Then I use Google translate to translate the terms of the items from English to Portuguese and use it to search.

Eg. I was looking for a stator coil. In Portuguese, it is Estator. So I searched for CBX250 Estator in their website.

After finding it, I copy and pasted their link in an email and I sent it to them and asked for a quote.

I don't use their website ordering form to purchase.

So have u solved your electrical problem?

Sent from my HM NOTE 1W using Tapatalk

Somehow during the cleaning process done passed few days... The problem disappeared. Stilling monitoring it. Thks bro.

Trying your method now on the ordering... But how we get the payment across?? I try e-mail them according to your recommendation... Still waiting for their rely.

wow... my FC had improved from 24kpl to 31kpl after replacing the air filter. and can feel the power also increases with smooth acceleration. Still monitoring the FC

I don't even know there is a air filter before reading the previous posts. which the filter wasn't clean / replaced for at least 4 years ago.. lol.

Somehow during the cleaning process done passed few days... The problem disappeared. Stilling monitoring it. Thks bro.

Trying your method now on the ordering... But how we get the payment across?? I try e-mail them according to your recommendation... Still waiting for their rely.

They will send a payment request to your PayPal account once you confirmed the items and shipping.

Glad that your electrical problem is fixed!