SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

-=BabyBlade=-(CBR)

standlee

HAppy new yr to all bikerz... Btw bike ran into some problemz.. the fuel hose i tink burst liao got leakage.. no matter how much petrol i pump it will all leak out in less dan 5 days.. anybody no how much to replace the hose..??

bro first check your hose near the ON/OFF/RESERVE VALVE on the left of your tank. i use to kenna last time, mine was i could not see the tear from just looking at it, i took the house out and twisted slightly and saw a minor line of jaggerd cut.

Fight Anger day by day and Become a Better Person.

speak Kindly

love truthfully

care deeply

live simply:)

• Replies 48.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Aalex82

• fx110

• honam24

• RYAN KEITH SMITH

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hi , i am having props again, after about more then about 20 mins of riding i realise there is smoke , (plastic kind of smell) coming from my rear plate.

when i looked under it i realised that the smoke is in fact coming from under my seat. haiz... later must open the seat and take a look....

speak Kindly

love truthfully

care deeply

anyone knows whats the problem if there is a loud ticking sound coming from engine area?it gets louder when i rev my throttle more...no peace of mind,worried if it might be piston or something..anyone?

'He who is afraid to take risks will accomplish nothing in life'

-muhammad ali

www.facebook.com/ivan.mccall

hi , i am having props again, after about more then about 20 mins of riding i realise there is smoke , (plastic kind of smell) coming from my rear plate.

when i looked under it i realised that the smoke is in fact coming from under my seat. haiz... later must open the seat and take a look....

WAH SMOKE! rectifier coooking something le la. better go check it out.

HAppy new yr to all bikerz... Btw bike ran into some problemz.. the fuel hose i tink burst liao got leakage.. no matter how much petrol i pump it will all leak out in less dan 5 days.. anybody no how much to replace the hose..??

i don't know how much, but if u don replace.. later fire explosion. haha. i tat's wat im told when there's fuel leak.

Dec 2005 - Sep 2007 Honda NSR 150 SP FS3*45M

Sep 2007 - Apr 2010 Honda CBR 400 RRL

Apr 2010 - Sep 2010 Yamaha X-1

May 2013 - Apr 2014 Kymco Grand Dink 150

Apr 2014 - ~~~ Kymco Downtown 300i

One life, Live it, Don't waste it!

My old SP

http://s223.photobucket.com/albums/dd94/SGGH/th_bike1.jpg

anyone knows whats the problem if there is a loud ticking sound coming from engine area?it gets louder when i rev my throttle more...no peace of mind,worried if it might be piston or something..anyone?

it might be valve shim oso

RD125 YPVS (FE5101 1992)

TZR125 (FF2643 & FH8788 1992-94

CBR400RRL (FJ7479 1994-97)

RXZ (FP3295 1998) stolen in JB

CBR400RRR (FN8856 1998-2000)

CBR400RRR (FM5xxx current)

i opend up my all my rear fairing and realised all was fine, thank god the rectifier was not smoking. the smoke was coming from a yellow hose which was running from my engin to the ending of my tail. i guess its the gas from the engine... any idea guys?

speak Kindly

love truthfully

care deeply

i opend up my all my rear fairing and realised all was fine, thank god the rectifier was not smoking. the smoke was coming from a yellow hose which was running from my engin to the ending of my tail. i guess its the gas from the engine... any idea guys?

Its a breather hose.

Its not an original thingy. Actually there is a small hose directing this heat vapour from the engine's top to the Air box inlet. There is a connecting piece. The problem is on most blade, this is no longer in tact. So ppl add a matching diameter hose rite from the engine to the rear tail of the bike.

It does exactly the same as the connecting piece. Indeed better cos its actually hot air that goes to the air box. So its avoiding that.

But if you say you are seeing smoke when bike is warm from that hose, then very high possibility your head gasket is worn. Better get it checked asap it could lead to damaging the head itself over time. :thumb:

2002 - 2005 : NSR150SP

2005 - 2008 : CBR400RRL

2008 - : Wave S 125

Since June 2006 :Touring ( History )

Yoshimura.Pivot.Hel.Haris.Bridgestone.NgkIridium. AFAM.DID.Broquet.Kenso.Motul.K&N.HRC.

Its a breather hose.

Its not an original thingy. Actually there is a small hose directing this heat vapour from the engine's top to the Air box inlet. There is a connecting piece. The problem is on most blade, this is no longer in tact. So ppl add a matching diameter hose rite from the engine to the rear tail of the bike.

It does exactly the same as the connecting piece. Indeed better cos its actually hot air that goes to the air box. So its avoiding that.

But if you say you are seeing smoke when bike is warm from that hose, then very high possibility your head gasket is worn. Better get it checked asap it could lead to damaging the head itself over time. :thumb:

but when the smoke is coming out, my engine is still very cool... if the gasket is worn wont it make the engine over heated?

speak Kindly

love truthfully

care deeply

regarding the shim i think u need to do valve clearance..which is abt 200 - 300?? depends on how many u need to change??

thanks bro,looks like its back to the workshop for me..

'He who is afraid to take risks will accomplish nothing in life'

-muhammad ali

www.facebook.com/ivan.mccall

waffy so u sold every of ur parts? not riding anymore?

err yup sold everything . . for the time being cant ride . . my wrist still unable to ride .. .no str to press clutch >.

http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs010.snc1/2883_84845634457_715814457_2533044_3778497_n.jpg

but when the smoke is coming out, my engine is still very cool... if the gasket is worn wont it make the engine over heated?

If the gasket is worn even during normal riding temp there could be smoke.

But mayb there can be other issues. You must get it checked by a trusted mech. Cos i ve ever encountered before and the head gasket was gone!

2002 - 2005 : NSR150SP

2005 - 2008 : CBR400RRL

2008 - : Wave S 125

Since June 2006 :Touring ( History )

Yoshimura.Pivot.Hel.Haris.Bridgestone.NgkIridium. AFAM.DID.Broquet.Kenso.Motul.K&N.HRC.

lol//ya was me...very jam that night...heee..

tink i saw u in msia on the eve of new year's eve ? or someone with another same paintwork ? haha

anyway, happy chinese new year all!

http://www.mcnews.com.au/NewBikeCatalogue/2001/Honda/Images_02/CBR954/CBR954_Logo.jpg

--- Honda ---

--- Power of Dreams ---

--- 2003 - 2004: TZR125 ---FG7889Z

--- 2004 - 2007: NSR150SP ---FQ8539A

--- 2007 - Current: CBR400RRR ---FMXXXXZ

I've been hearing so much about this valve clearance thing. What is it exactly, how do we know when we are suppose to do it. How often are we suppose to do it?

Did a carb wash. :) petrol consumption up from 17km/l to 22km/l so happy...

Rebuilding my dreams. But first, the gears

1) WP RS Taichi riding jacket

2) WP riding pants

3) Titanium riding gloves

4) Garmine Nuvi 550 GPS (US$259)

5) WP Komine riding boots

6) Arai Helmet

7) The BIKE of course! :cheeky:

yo who's cbr FL8114?

Dec 2005 - Sep 2007 Honda NSR 150 SP FS3*45M

Sep 2007 - Apr 2010 Honda CBR 400 RRL

Apr 2010 - Sep 2010 Yamaha X-1

May 2013 - Apr 2014 Kymco Grand Dink 150

Apr 2014 - ~~~ Kymco Downtown 300i

One life, Live it, Don't waste it!

My old SP

http://s223.photobucket.com/albums/dd94/SGGH/th_bike1.jpg

hey guys, any idea why out of sudden, my throttle response for gear 1, feels like petrol is not entering evenly, and it only smoothens out after RPM 3 ? neutral gear also same case, even tried moving off with gear 2, feels the same. before that everything was fine, throttle was smooth.

i still can see petrol in my tank, so i guess that it can't be insufficient petrol.

any ideas ?? =\\

hey guys, any idea why out of sudden, my throttle response for gear 1, feels like petrol is not entering evenly, and it only smoothens out after RPM 3 ? neutral gear also same case, even tried moving off with gear 2, feels the same. before that everything was fine, throttle was smooth.

i still can see petrol in my tank, so i guess that it can't be insufficient petrol.

any ideas ?? =\\

check out your clutch lever bro, see if the screw is loose or what, try adjusting it farther away from what you are using now.

speak Kindly

love truthfully

care deeply

check out your clutch lever bro, see if the screw is loose or what, try adjusting it farther away from what you are using now.

hmm, i checked the screw, its not loose, will try to adjust the biting point later, but mine already quite far liao! lol. aniwae, other then this, riding is normal, so shouldn't be a big problem ? i'm also running on m'sia esso f1 petrol. could it be dirty ?

hmm been using for 2 years plus le..the petrol dun give any problem and is good..:)

http://www.mcnews.com.au/NewBikeCatalogue/2001/Honda/Images_02/CBR954/CBR954_Logo.jpg

--- Honda ---

--- Power of Dreams ---

might be ur tuning? i guess get ur mech to check better..:)

--- Honda ---

--- Power of Dreams ---

any ideas ?? =\\

Bro, base on your description, it may be due to:

1. Torn Diaphram in the carb

2. Foul spark plug

3. Faulty petrol pump

4. Missing blanking cap at the inlet manifold

5. Overflow carb (due to worn float needle)

Above mentioned are possibilities only and in my own opinion, as what some of those experience bros had mentioned, its better to send your blade to a trusted mechanic before the problem gets worst causing more damage...

good luck!

Suzuki RG Light Sprinter- 1994-1997

Honda CBR400RRR- 1997-2009

XV950R - 2015-

Bro, base on your description, it may be due to:

1. Torn Diaphram in the carb

2. Foul spark plug

3. Faulty petrol pump

4. Missing blanking cap at the inlet manifold

5. Overflow carb (due to worn float needle)

Above mentioned are possibilities only and in my own opinion, as what some of those experience bros had mentioned, its better to send your blade to a trusted mechanic before the problem gets worst causing more damage...

good luck!

thanks bro for the enlightenment! as for problems 1, 3, 4, 5, what are the repair fees gonna be like ? dun haf much spare cash to do up @ the moment. just curious about the fees like, will still be sending the bike to the mech though. lol