SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

-=BabyBlade=-(CBR)

standlee

• Replies 48.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Aalex82

• fx110

• honam24

• RYAN KEITH SMITH

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hi guys, recently encountered some problems with the bike again. sigh.

am wondering whats wrong with the bike, hoping if any of u guys came across this problem.

my voltmeter shows a voltage of around 10 when headlights is on and i'm travelling on rpm 5-6. if i'm not wrong, its not charging ? and sometimes when i just start the bike, the lights are all off, and the voltage shows around 14. also, i've realise an increase in the idling of the bike. from around 1.5 to around 1.75 now, and the bike sounds so different. power wise, i used to reach around 95 on top gear rpm 6. but now, its around 85-90 on top gear rpm 6.

called up my mechanic to ask abit on it, he says it could be the coil, and ask me to bring down asap, otherwise might not be able to last. is that true ? if so, how much does a coil cost ? he says i'll find that the bike get harder and harder to start. this problem only came yesterday, and i'm only free to bring it to shop on friday. help~~!!

hi guys, recently encountered some problems with the bike again. sigh.

am wondering whats wrong with the bike, hoping if any of u guys came across this problem.

my voltmeter shows a voltage of around 10 when headlights is on and i'm travelling on rpm 5-6. if i'm not wrong, its not charging ? and sometimes when i just start the bike, the lights are all off, and the voltage shows around 14. also, i've realise an increase in the idling of the bike. from around 1.5 to around 1.75 now, and the bike sounds so different. power wise, i used to reach around 95 on top gear rpm 6. but now, its around 85-90 on top gear rpm 6.

called up my mechanic to ask abit on it, he says it could be the coil, and ask me to bring down asap, otherwise might not be able to last. is that true ? if so, how much does a coil cost ? he says i'll find that the bike get harder and harder to start. this problem only came yesterday, and i'm only free to bring it to shop on friday. help~~!!

if battery not charging could either be ur magnetic coil or rectifier. mine was rectifier prob so i changed new one for 65 if im not wrong. my mech said lucky it wasnt the magnetic coil cos tt would cos ard 200.

for the rpm, u can tune it yourself..

if magnetic coil spoil, it wont be able to recharge, and the bike might die off when u come to a stop.

if battery spoil, u will have problems with ur lights/horn

if rectifier spoil, can do a check on the 'voltage'

magnetic coil = est. 250 ~ 300 (include workman)

battery = est. 75 (dry)

rectifier = est. 60~75

if you cant visit the shop earlier, why not ask for a tow truck to bring ur motor to the bikeshop first? it only cost $20

better then ur bike dies off in the middle of the road?

hmm, ok for my case.

1 - my batt is able to recharge, just haf to play with the headlights on and off, and the battery shown on my voltmeter goes to sometimes 14 - 15 volts.

2 - so far, still gt no problem with lights, not sure of horn.

3 - the voltage is indeed weird, up and down any time.

so far the riding still okay, just the volts and etc acting funny. am a little worried. hope nothing will happen will riding to the bikeshop on friday. coil is indeed expensive.. =(

if magnetic coil spoil, it wont be able to recharge, and the bike might die off when u come to a stop.

magnetic coil = est. 250 ~ 300 (include workman)

battery = est. 75 (dry)

rectifier = est. 60~75

if you cant visit the shop earlier, why not ask for a tow truck to bring ur motor to the bikeshop first? it only cost $20

better then ur bike dies off in the middle of the road?

2nd hand engine from Japan 1,5K NETT if i want

2nd hand so ex? i heard it cost less than 1k ? hmm... but who to contact if i wan the 2nd hand engine from japan ?

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o102/missybiker/DSCN0015.jpg

If i have a choice, i would rather die on the road as a rider, after 299 km/h

2nd hand so ex? i heard it cost less than 1k ? hmm... but who to contact if i wan the 2nd hand engine from japan ?

Contact HRCSGP of course, he posted the details. Engine from Japan will generally be in MUCH better condition than used engine from a local bike. $1.5k is not a bad price for the engine, If it includes workmanship to change out then its very good.

Rebuilt radiator? I was quoted $230 for a new after market radiator. Let us try find out from other riders where and how much for rewiring. :)

U changed to an original radiator? I was quoted $400+ for it. I think it's a bit ex. For rewiring, you satisfied with it? Did they changed new wires or just used your previous ones?

Other riders, your recommendations are welcome and appreciated. Btw, when shop said changing radiator, do they mean everything, hoses, coolant system, etc... And when doing rewiring, everything or just the wire body harness, does it include fuse box, rectifier, wires to tail light, starter, headlights, brakes, etc...

Sorry to ask so many questions, newbie. :)

Hello guys... anymore recommendations please...

Riders out there, ride safe. U might not hit others, others might hit u or u might even fall.... :(

Contact HRCSGP of course, he posted the details. Engine from Japan will generally be in MUCH better condition than used engine from a local bike. $1.5k is not a bad price for the engine, If it includes workmanship to change out then its very good.

why do you think engine from japan will generally be in much better condition than used engine from a local bike?

Fight Anger day by day and Become a Better Person.

speak Kindly

love truthfully

care deeply

live simply:)

=) how you guys?

Dec 2005 - Sep 2007 Honda NSR 150 SP FS3*45M

Sep 2007 - Apr 2010 Honda CBR 400 RRL

Apr 2010 - Sep 2010 Yamaha X-1

May 2013 - Apr 2014 Kymco Grand Dink 150

Apr 2014 - ~~~ Kymco Downtown 300i

One life, Live it, Don't waste it!

My old SP

http://s223.photobucket.com/albums/dd94/SGGH/th_bike1.jpg

does it include labor? new engine nid to do documentation at lta?included?

warranty period ?

2nd hand engine from Japan 1,5K NETT if i want

1995 Rd135 (3months);1995-1997 Kawa K100 97-00 Honda Steed cool black;00-02 Suzuki Swift

02-05 Ford Focus;05-07 Nissan Sucky

07- Camry;jan 08 -feb 08 KRR ;feb 08-apr08 -- Cbr400 J model ;

mar08 - sept 08 Cbr400 R model ; may08 -oct08 KTM200; oct 08 - feb09 XR4 ; feb09-apr10 gixxer 750 Apr09 -June10 DR650;apr10-aug 10 Africa Twin; sep 10- current fazer 1k....Jan-13 FortyEight

hey bro..mine bike also die off when came 2 a stop..but cause fuel hav 2 change 2 reserve,.does tat mean coil spolile also?cause normally fuel emty will slowly cut off..mine is straight away cut off

2006 - 2007 Honda Sp

2007 - now Honda Cbr 400rr

Ur asking too much bro engine ONLY..PM me for further details..warranty?lucky u can get an engine so good luck if u can find..niwae most sgp cbr's have bad engines jap ones are generally low mileage n very well maintained..warranty none coz nobody is gonna be responsible if u wana whack the bike n nvr maintain

does it include labor? new engine nid to do documentation at lta?included?

warranty period ?

NSR250F3,NSR250MC21SP,NSR250MC28SP,ZXR400R,CBR400 NC29,ZXR750RK,M,GG250

Maybe u shud read up abt cbr's 1st b4 askin..wiring has fuse box attached it is not detachable..all detachable items are exclude..I have wiring if u want..

Hello guys... anymore recommendations please...

NSR250F3,NSR250MC21SP,NSR250MC28SP,ZXR400R,CBR400 NC29,ZXR750RK,M,GG250

Rebuilt radiator? I was quoted $230 for a new after market radiator. Let us try find out from other riders where and how much for rewiring. :)

U changed to an original radiator? I was quoted $400+ for it. I think it's a bit ex. For rewiring, you satisfied with it? Did they changed new wires or just used your previous ones?

Other riders, your recommendations are welcome and appreciated. Btw, when shop said changing radiator, do they mean everything, hoses, coolant system, etc... And when doing rewiring, everything or just the wire body harness, does it include fuse box, rectifier, wires to tail light, starter, headlights, brakes, etc...

Sorry to ask so many questions, newbie. :)

For a new radiator it is $440. To rebuild is $250 but to rebuild there is no gurantees.

re-wire cost about $350, new wire harness

Rebuilding my dreams. But first, the gears

1) WP RS Taichi riding jacket

2) WP riding pants

3) Titanium riding gloves

4) Garmine Nuvi 550 GPS (US$259)

5) WP Komine riding boots

6) Arai Helmet

7) The BIKE of course! :cheeky:

Maybe u shud read up abt cbr's 1st b4 askin..wiring has fuse box attached it is not detachable..all detachable items are exclude..I have wiring if u want..

I need some advice, my rear brakes use to have this metal scraping sound after I changed to new brake pads and, the mechs i go to says it's normal. But now the sound has graduated to sound like rubber rubbing on metal and happends only occasionally when I use it. It is not normal, i really disagree with the mechs that I have been to. Is there anything that can be done??

Rebuilding my dreams. But first, the gears

1) WP RS Taichi riding jacket

2) WP riding pants

3) Titanium riding gloves

4) Garmine Nuvi 550 GPS (US$259)

5) WP Komine riding boots

6) Arai Helmet

7) The BIKE of course! :cheeky:

Storm, i jus did change of my front brake pad n caliper(new ) ~36+140 .. also got screechin sound now...

oh guys, btw i m ridin d youngest CBR400 here,,,J model :cheeky:

today 1st Day CNY angpao $500 spend areadi on replacin wear n tear at Planet.:cry:

I need some advice, my rear brakes use to have this metal scraping sound after I changed to new brake pads and, the mechs i go to says it's normal. But now the sound has graduated to sound like rubber rubbing on metal and happends only occasionally when I use it. It is not normal, i really disagree with the mechs that I have been to. Is there anything that can be done??

1995 Rd135 (3months);1995-1997 Kawa K100 97-00 Honda Steed cool black;00-02 Suzuki Swift

mar08 - sept 08 Cbr400 R model ; may08 -oct08 KTM200; oct 08 - feb09 XR4 ; feb09-apr10 gixxer 750 Apr09 -June10 DR650;apr10-aug 10 Africa Twin; sep 10- current fazer 1k....Jan-13 FortyEight

oh hopefuly dun hv to change my engine.. jus taken over d J model.. gonna replace a lot of stuff n make it swee swee

Ur asking too much bro engine ONLY..PM me for further details..warranty?lucky u can get an engine so good luck if u can find..niwae most sgp cbr's have bad engines jap ones are generally low mileage n very well maintained..warranty none coz nobody is gonna be responsible if u wana whack the bike n nvr maintain

Storm, i jus did change of my front brake pad n caliper(new ) ~36+140 .. also got screechin sound now...

oh guys, btw i m ridin d youngest CBR400 here,,,J model :cheeky:

today 1st Day CNY angpao $500 spend areadi on replacin wear n tear at Planet.:cry:

u at planet today huh??

if i nv approach wrong pple, u should noe who am i..

the one diy his bike due to spoil seals..

:)

http://img814.imageshack.us/img814/3549/penguin.jpg

2001~04---> NSR-150SP(FT43**H), RXK(FD41**)

2004~06--> CBR-400RRR(FN31**R), RXK

2006~07 ---> CBR929RRY(FS35**C), RXK

2007~10 --> CBR929RRY, Wave125R(FY74**P)

2010~Present -> CBR1000RR10(FBE56**T), Wave125R

yup Alex :thumb:

nex cbr 9?? ..cant remember wat series u say it is..

oh ya i also notice ur name n ur gf name on d front tyre fender...

so how ur bike now also swee swee ??

u at planet today huh??

if i nv approach wrong pple, u should noe who am i..

the one diy his bike due to spoil seals..

:)

things done today :

front fork seriving 85

front pad n caliper 36+140

rear balteax020 18inch tyre pheww!!! cool 185

other bits n pieces,....

altogether almots 500 liao

yup Alex :thumb:

nex cbr 9?? ..cant remember wat series u say it is..

oh ya i also notice ur name n ur gf name on d front tyre fender...

so how ur bike now also swee swee ??

CBR 929-RRY..

u not juz change brake pad, something more too..

wait attract thieves..

:cheeky:

http://img814.imageshack.us/img814/3549/penguin.jpg

2001~04---> NSR-150SP(FT43**H), RXK(FD41**)

2004~06--> CBR-400RRR(FN31**R), RXK

2006~07 ---> CBR929RRY(FS35**C), RXK

2007~10 --> CBR929RRY, Wave125R(FY74**P)

2010~Present -> CBR1000RR10(FBE56**T), Wave125R

i realised only my front LEFT suspension leg is leaking. the right one is very clean. guess the oil seal is leaking, must do servicing rite?

Fight Anger day by day and Become a Better Person.

speak Kindly

love truthfully

care deeply

live simply:)