SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Gadget: Voltmeter

Hey guys, I changed to a new battery already. The reading of my voltmeter is still very low. I think its because I connect to wrong point of measuring voltage. When I connect direct to battery, it show 13v-14v when headlight is off and engine is crank (13-14v is normal or can say in good condition). I think I wasted money on my new Yusa battery already, 65 bucks. My old one is as good as new, can charge up to 13.7v when crank. Now this new one can charge up to 14v when trottle.

My mechanic say must connect the measuring point to the rectifier output, anyone know where is that? My voltmeter show 11v max when headlight is on and trottlling and this is measuring the voltage of the headlight bulb input. I must connect it to another place which show the voltage of the battery (rectifier), bcos the headlight bulb input voltage is not the same as my battery voltage.

X1R for sale: Fully stock Oct 2010 mileage 20k $6.5k

• Replies 819
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Originally posted by xiaogary@Mar 4 2004, 06:54 PM

Hey guys, I changed to a new battery already. The reading of my voltmeter is still very low. I think its because I connect to wrong point of measuring voltage. When I connect direct to battery, it show 13v-14v when headlight is off and engine is crank (13-14v is normal or can say in good condition). I think I wasted money on my new Yusa battery already, 65 bucks. My old one is as good as new, can charge up to 13.7v when crank. Now this new one can charge up to 14v when trottle.

My mechanic say must connect the measuring point to the rectifier output, anyone know where is that? My voltmeter show 11v max when headlight is on and trottlling and this is measuring the voltage of the headlight bulb input. I must connect it to another place which show the voltage of the battery (rectifier), bcos the headlight bulb input voltage is not the same as my battery voltage.

u riding wat bike?cos it's not recommended to connect to the rectifier..

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i42/akrapovick4/thedoctor.jpg

Originally posted by Soulmace@Mar 4 2004, 08:44 PM

why not just connect it directly to the batt? wun it be the best way? dun connect to the rectifier becos scare it will burn?

connecting it to ya batt will cause it to be on 24 hrs even when u switch off ur bike cos the best is to connect to ur ignition which i did for mine..

Originally posted by MC28@Mar 4 2004, 08:47 PM

connecting it to ya batt will cause it to be on 24 hrs even when u switch off ur bike cos the best is to connect to ur ignition which i did for mine..

how to connect to ignition sia...shucks..i doono how to connect :sweat:

think must bring to mech and do liaoz...

try finding ur mapping online..i found mine online..it's connected to ya fuse..u muz noe which one..

Originally posted by MC28@Mar 4 2004, 10:44 PM

try finding ur mapping online..i found mine online..it's connected to ya fuse..u muz noe which one..

wat do i search for? like wat key words?

nsr rr ignition? or wat? :confused:

Originally posted by Ah`S|ao@Mar 4 2004, 10:52 PM

wat do i search for? like wat key words?

nsr rr ignition? or wat? :confused:

ur mapping should be the same for sp..try searching for nsr sp online..those fanatics will post this kind of things online..

Originally posted by MC28@Mar 4 2004, 10:56 PM

ur mapping should be the same for sp..try searching for nsr sp online..those fanatics will post this kind of things online..

shucks,....cant find :cry:

Originally posted by marvypower@Mar 2 2004, 01:10 AM

the one selling at Alexandra also swoosh liao...

u can press the button until the colour tat u wants appear...

pai seh...

currently very busy studying for exams...

see how lah..

wat kinda help I can render, I'll try my best okie!!

ah...alexandra seng motors no more sell auto gauge voltmeter? all selling swoosh liao ah :confused:

Originally posted by Ah`S|ao@Mar 6 2004, 12:20 AM

ah...alexandra seng motors no more sell auto gauge voltmeter? all selling swoosh liao ah :confused:

I juz bought autogauge 1 from them on mon :bounce:

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a380/VoxArcana/Forum%20Signatures/ManUtdChampions.png

2002 - 2004 HonDa SP

2004 - 2006 HoNdA S4 VtEc 1

2006 - 2007 YaMahA MaJesTy 250 MK2

2007 Current HoNDa SliVerWinG 400

Originally posted by espen@Mar 6 2004, 12:35 AM

how much did ya paid for it ? :smile:

$28

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a380/VoxArcana/Forum%20Signatures/ManUtdChampions.png

2002 - 2004 HonDa SP

Originally posted by Ah`S|ao@Mar 6 2004, 01:29 AM

wats the colour of ur gauge? the neon blue one?

Nope...

Autogauge also got those normal lighting colour

Neon light onli got swoosh...

But i like the face of autogauge better so i buy tat 1 loh :cheeky:

2002 - 2004 HonDa SP

Originally posted by @h_LoNg@Mar 6 2004, 01:40 AM

Nope...

Autogauge also got those normal lighting colour

Neon light onli got swoosh...

But i like the face of autogauge better so i buy tat 1 loh :cheeky:

ah...like that ha.....i want the auto gauge one leh....but i want blue colour :weep: if buy the 7 colour changer one just becos it has the blue... abit bo hua leh :weep:

Originally posted by Ah`S|ao@Mar 6 2004, 01:41 AM

ah...like that ha.....i want the auto gauge one leh....but i want blue colour :weep: if buy the 7 colour changer one just becos it has the blue... abit bo hua leh :weep:

If im not wrong u can buy the autogauge 1 and change the bulb to get the blue colour u wan...

2002 - 2004 HonDa SP

Originally posted by @h_LoNg@Mar 6 2004, 02:05 AM

If im not wrong u can buy the autogauge 1 and change the bulb to get the blue colour u wan...

really? hrm..wonder if really possible to change a not..no one has done it before and post it her.....

btw u know where the place is? alexandra is quite a big area....

care to tell me the location of the place more specifically? :smile:

Originally posted by @h_LoNg@Mar 6 2004, 02:05 AM

can change but very mafan.

I still have not found anyone with my cbr400rr Rmodel manual. Those who have it on this forum are not online already or they unwilling to lend me. I thinking of connecting it to battery directly now, wonder whats the consequences of having it measuring the voltage 24 hours? Will it eat up the battery?

The background light no problem as I already connected to headlight switch and it only on when my headlight is on. The measuring point wire I still dono where to connect. My mech say recticfier will reflect my voltage from rectifier and it can also help to monitor if my rectifier is faulty. Anyone connect to battrey directly and measure voltage 24 hours?

Originally posted by xiaogary@Mar 7 2004, 04:53 AM

can change but very mafan.

I still have not found anyone with my cbr400rr Rmodel manual. Those who have it on this forum are not online already or they unwilling to lend me. I thinking of connecting it to battery directly now, wonder whats the consequences of having it measuring the voltage 24 hours? Will it eat up the battery?

The background light no problem as I already connected to headlight switch and it only on when my headlight is on. The measuring point wire I still dono where to connect. My mech say recticfier will reflect my voltage from rectifier and it can also help to monitor if my rectifier is faulty. Anyone connect to battrey directly and measure voltage 24 hours?

wah u say until volt meter a lot of wires sia...eh...total got how many wires ah? i tot only 2 or 3 ?:giddy:

Ah Siao,

can't seem to pm u...

post ur queries here okie...

yah its juz at the hawker centre there...

the single colour autoguage at Seng motor is orange only..

get the 7 colour safer lah.. cos the light may blow or spoil if get incontact with moisture...

Sunday not opened

If u cant find ur ignition wire, conntact directly to ur panel lights such tat when u turn the key, the neutral light on ur bike is lited rite.. juz tap the voltmeter to that.. (cos u're only tapping the voltage.. so dun needa cut the wire.. if wrong then black tape back lor..)

if really cannot or not sure, juz tap to headlight wire instead..

Access to the photos Vypower collection,

Visit...

Here

Everytime u pump V-Power,

Remember MarVyPower!!!

Originally posted by marvypower@Mar 7 2004, 03:20 PM

Ah Siao,

can't seem to pm u...

post ur queries here okie...

yah its juz at the hawker centre there...

the single colour autoguage at Seng motor is orange only..

get the 7 colour safer lah.. cos the light may blow or spoil if get incontact with moisture...

Sunday not opened

If u cant find ur ignition wire, conntact directly to ur panel lights such tat when u turn the key, the neutral light on ur bike is lited rite.. juz tap the voltmeter to that.. (cos u're only tapping the voltage.. so dun needa cut the wire.. if wrong then black tape back lor..)

if really cannot or not sure, juz tap to headlight wire instead..

shucks u are not the first one who cant pm me liao......ah tiang also cannot pm me leh... :giddy: dono wats wrong with my account....or issit instead of using Ah`S|ao u all use Ah`Siao ? lolx

the thing is the black tape will melt somehow due to the weather i guess...thats how i tap my leds the other time....then the black tape will unwrap itself and in the end the wires got exposed....

by the way u found a plastic cover to cover the meter to waterproof the thingy?

hrm...ok i see wat i can do

oh yeah any comments on the swoosh compared to auto gauge?

Originally posted by Ah`S|ao@Mar 7 2004, 10:48 AM

wah u say until volt meter a lot of wires sia...eh...total got how many wires ah? i tot only 2 or 3 ?:giddy:

Mine got 4 wires.

Originally posted by xiaogary@Mar 8 2004, 12:33 AM

Mine got 4 wires.

2 is for ur backlight..2 is for the voltmeter..u join the 2 for ur backlight to the 2 meant for the voltmeter den connect it to tbe batt..mine swoosh oso like this..