SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Gadget: Voltmeter

i cant see the ignition wire from the bike fuse box leh......everything is all bundle up in a rubber tubing like that......then like that how to connect to ignition?:confused:

• Replies 819
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Originally posted by Ah`S|ao@Mar 8 2004, 09:07 PM

i cant see the ignition wire from the bike fuse box leh......everything is all bundle up in a rubber tubing like that......then like that how to connect to ignition?:confused:

my fuse box got label which fuse is for ignition..

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i42/akrapovick4/thedoctor.jpg

Originally posted by Ah`S|ao@Mar 8 2004, 10:06 PM

like that sian liao lah...even if i buy i also dono how to connect... :cry:

get ur shop to fuse for u lorz..

Originally posted by Ah`S|ao@Mar 8 2004, 10:15 PM

fuse for me? u mean fix for me huh?

ya larz...

eh...wats the best solution?

buy from seng motor and bring to southern motor and ask them fix

or

buy from souther motor (which apparently should have the auto gauge meter) and ask them install for me at the same time?

:confused:

guys,i juz installed my swoosh voltmeter and tachometer at ah kun but after connecting,the backlight doesn't work :cry: .i asked another workshop they say the connection is rite mayb the liquid short circuit.my frend say the mechanic might haf short circuit the gauge coz the 1st time he connect,the needle didn't move,only the 2nd time then it work.any idea wat to do or where can change the backlight? :giddy: very disappointed :help:

2002-2003 Kawasaki Kips 150cc

2004-2005 Ducati Monster 400cc

2005-2006 Honda CBR954RR2

2006-2007 Hyundai Getz 1.6

Originally posted by jaspok82@Mar 16 2004, 10:51 AM

guys,i juz installed my swoosh voltmeter and tachometer at ah kun but after connecting,the backlight doesn't work :cry: .i asked another workshop they say the connection is rite mayb the liquid short circuit.my frend say the mechanic might haf short circuit the gauge coz the 1st time he connect,the needle didn't move,only the 2nd time then it work.any idea wat to do or where can change the backlight? :giddy: very disappointed :help:

pluck it out and try connecting with a dry cell 9 v battery test see. I used my 9v battery to test mine and it works, sometime its the problem with your bikes electricity. Bcos you may have other lights or accessories tapping source voltage from there, so as a result, the power is not enough to share between so many terminal and hence it does light up.

I tried 6v battery, it does not light up, try 9v it lights up. Try 12v also light up. Less than 6v i only try 4.5v is not enough to light up the background.

Have fun with the swoosh meter, mine so far so good survived abt 4 thunderstorm and more than 20 normal rains without shorting already. Hope it last.

X1R for sale: Fully stock Oct 2010 mileage 20k $6.5k

bro,do u know wat type of LED lights they use for the swoosh gauge coz i intend 2 get from sim lim and change.But how 2 open up the meter? :giddy:can someone teach me? :confused: anyway the batt thing dun tink so coz other 12v batt on other bikes can light up oso,guez mine the light fused by the stupid mechanic. :mad: :help: Thanks!!

2002-2003 Kawasaki Kips 150cc

2004-2005 Ducati Monster 400cc

2005-2006 Honda CBR954RR2

2006-2007 Hyundai Getz 1.6

Originally posted by koma@Mar 16 2004, 01:11 PM

where 2 get the autogauge brand n where for the swoosh brand?? thanx

u can go to the car accessories shop at sunshine plaza close to parklane..it closes at 7pm..it's facing the main road on the outside..

Originally posted by Ah Siao@Mar 8 2004, 10:06 PM

like that sian liao lah...even if i buy i also dono how to connect... :cry:

maybe u can use the voltmeter and "test" at the fuse box... test which is the cable that will have voltage when key is turned ON...

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid85/p2d6cd8142136cb95aba44ed5e42a3095/fac40e15.jpg.thumb.jpg

Kangoo Lovers, Do visit KangooClub.co.nr after surfing this forum. :)

Originally posted by koma@Mar 16 2004, 01:11 PM

where 2 get the autogauge brand n where for the swoosh brand?? thanx

can find at alexandra the hdb shop before the exit on the left side.

Guest LandLord
Originally posted by MC28@Mar 17 2004, 12:49 PM

u can go to the car accessories shop at sunshine plaza close to parklane..it closes at 7pm..it's facing the main road on the outside..

how much they selling ?

including installing?

$40+?

A relationship is like a rose, How long it lasts, no one knows; Love can erase an awful past, Love can be yours, you'll see at last; To feel that love, it makes you sigh, To have it leave, you'd rather die; You hope you've found that special rose, 'Cause you love and care for the one you chose.

Originally posted by lazy05@Mar 18 2004, 09:13 AM

$40+?

mine 38.

Originally posted by LandLord@Mar 18 2004, 12:51 AM

how much they selling ?

including installing?

autogauge $26 small size (blue backlight)

autogauge $20 small size (yellow backlight)

autogauge $40 big size....didnt check much

they got plenty of other meters

swoosh think is $25..

dont think they got installation service

Chew Hup Thai Enterprise Co.

91 Bencoolen Street

#01-01 Sunshine Plaza

S(189652)

Originally posted by jaspok82@Mar 17 2004, 11:11 AM

bro,do u know wat type of LED lights they use for the swoosh gauge coz i intend 2 get from sim lim and change.But how 2 open up the meter? :giddy:can someone teach me? :confused: anyway the batt thing dun tink so coz other 12v batt on other bikes can light up oso,guez mine the light fused by the stupid mechanic. :mad: :help: Thanks!!

my swosh blue back light also gone after few months of usage.

is that short circuit or bulb blow?

Anyone can shed some light on this Swosh blue light issue???

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c349/pauche/rossivspauche.jpg

Originally posted by Pauche@Mar 20 2004, 09:56 AM

my swosh blue back light also gone after few months of usage.

is that short circuit or bulb blow?

Anyone can shed some light on this Swosh blue light issue???

sometime its bcos the voltage supply is not high enough to light up the background light. Dismantle it, and test manually using a 9v battery. It should light up, else its a goner maybe due to short circuit during the rain. Waterproof it man.

Mine swoosh 7 colour voltmeter as shown in my avatar is 38 bucks. Up to now still okie, used for 1 and half month plus already.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by fabian7897@Mar 30 2004, 01:27 PM

dudes was wondering if.. cos my lighting on bike the headlight all is by default on all the way.. if i fix the meter then the meter backlight also on all the way? wow i tink it will blow due to heat right? is there a way to off the backlight? is there a switch?

if lights on all the way... hmmm.. either u install a small switch or just leave it lor.... no choice... cos even your meter lights also on all the way right?

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid85/p2d6cd8142136cb95aba44ed5e42a3095/fac40e15.jpg.thumb.jpg

Kangoo Lovers, Do visit KangooClub.co.nr after surfing this forum. :)

Just bought a voltmeter for S4 which 2 wires u all tap the voltage from the headligth? Pls advice thank you? COs got 3 wires. Tell mi the colour of the wires can liao thank you once again.

Bikes Owned: LC125 RXZ135 GSXR400RP CB400VS CB400Spec2 SV650 02CBRF4i FZ1000 CBR929 05YZF-R6 CBR150 HondaSonic125 Yamaha_CygnusX125 KymcoGrandink_250 Hornet_250 04_Yamaha_Tmax Silverwing 400 FZ6_S2 GSXR600K7

Current bikes: NIL

Gear 4th

http://45.media.tumblr.com/f183dbd75b05df79cf6f77dba98d7339/tumblr_o1sqbk4h8Z1s5rcozo1_400.gif

anyone can help for S4 there is 3 wires at the headligth which colour should I tap voltage from? Blue,Green and white?

Bikes Owned: LC125 RXZ135 GSXR400RP CB400VS CB400Spec2 SV650 02CBRF4i FZ1000 CBR929 05YZF-R6 CBR150 HondaSonic125 Yamaha_CygnusX125 KymcoGrandink_250 Hornet_250 04_Yamaha_Tmax Silverwing 400 FZ6_S2 GSXR600K7

Current bikes: NIL

Gear 4th

http://45.media.tumblr.com/f183dbd75b05df79cf6f77dba98d7339/tumblr_o1sqbk4h8Z1s5rcozo1_400.gif