SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Gadget: Voltmeter

Originally posted by hachi@Mar 31 2004, 07:14 PM

anyone can help for S4 there is 3 wires at the headligth which colour should I tap voltage from? Blue,Green and white?

try not to tap it from the headlight as it consumes alot of power, not accurate, tap it to the igniation wire, found in your headlight assembly, juz trace your igniation key's wires and you will find it

• Replies 819
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

marvy...u said be4 tat 12v is the right voltage izzit ??? for all classes of bikes ?? or different bike got diff right voltage readings...and is southern having a best price for installing the voltmeter ?? as u said $50 for 7 color plus installing izzit ??

~empty roads are exciting...I LOVE TO 'SPEED' !! uRps! ... lolz~

Originally posted by biocops@Apr 3 2004, 10:37 PM

where can i get best price for the 7 colour voltmeter??

thanks...

mine fren got his autogauge 7 colours for 30bucks from sunshine plaza..about a month back...

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i42/akrapovick4/thedoctor.jpg

Originally posted by fabian7897@Mar 30 2004, 01:27 PM

dudes was wondering if.. cos my lighting on bike the headlight all is by default on all the way.. if i fix the meter then the meter backlight also on all the way? wow i tink it will blow due to heat right? is there a way to off the backlight? is there a switch?

It will not be so easily burn one lah. Like ur meter light also on when ur bike start mah...it neber fuse right.

U can connect it to ur headlight, then cut the wire...inbetween add a switch, to on off the light.

X1R for sale: Fully stock Oct 2010 mileage 20k $6.5k

Originally posted by fabian7897@Apr 4 2004, 07:53 PM

heh thanks for the info guys anyway i have fixed the voltmeter on my 125z went jb do. auto gauge one. haha.. but mine ah when moving time voltage will go up till 16v if on never start engine 12v. is this normal?

correct voltage is 12v when never start engine.

then when idling and trottle a bit is 14v max.

when moving also 14v max.

If abt 14v, think rectifier gone liao.

Originally posted by MC28@Apr 4 2004, 04:23 AM

mine fren got his autogauge 7 colours for 30bucks from sunshine plaza..about a month back...

where is sunshine plaza ??? $30 plus installation ???

~empty roads are exciting...I LOVE TO 'SPEED' !! uRps! ... lolz~

Wat I do is I tap the volatage from headlight. The voltage is 10v but moving is 12+ less than 13v. Well I guess is about 2v less than true voltage. But it is the easy to tap from headlight.

I got my autogauge from same place at $20 single colour.

Bikes Owned: LC125 RXZ135 GSXR400RP CB400VS CB400Spec2 SV650 02CBRF4i FZ1000 CBR929 05YZF-R6 CBR150 HondaSonic125 Yamaha_CygnusX125 KymcoGrandink_250 Hornet_250 04_Yamaha_Tmax Silverwing 400 FZ6_S2 GSXR600K7

Current bikes: NIL

Gear 4th

http://45.media.tumblr.com/f183dbd75b05df79cf6f77dba98d7339/tumblr_o1sqbk4h8Z1s5rcozo1_400.gif

Originally posted by hachi@Apr 5 2004, 01:55 AM

Wat I do is I tap the volatage from headlight. The voltage is 10v but moving is 12+ less than 13v. Well I guess is about 2v less than true voltage. But it is the easy to tap from headlight.

I got my autogauge from same place at $20 single colour.

Yah mine connection now also tap from headlight.

12v when switch on, light off, bike engine off.

13v when idling with light off, trottle a bit, max is 14v.

10v when idling with light on (not adviced, waste battery).

13v max when moving with light on.

Originally posted by Pauche@Apr 5 2004, 08:53 AM

analog voltmeters tend to vibrate (needle point left to right) a lot at high speed when riding at over 120kmh. Get digital meter better. do u guys face the same problem?

mine doesnt vibrate leh. check ur wiring, maybe ur connection lose. hence some time measure sometime not measuring cosing the vibration.

:bounce: where to buy, where to buy, pls tell mi, my lord..:help: , i wanna to buy n fix fix my own...:bouncefire:

Riding Sprits cum Team Project Raven

RVF = Run Very Fast (Rider Very Fat)

VFR = Very Fast Rider (Very F**Kup Rider)

NSR = Non Stop Racing (Non Safety Rider)

CBR = Crazy Being Rider (Ch** By* Rider)

VTR = Very Technical Racer (Very Terrible Rider)

Originally posted by xiaogary@Apr 5 2004, 10:06 AM

mine doesnt vibrate leh. check ur wiring, maybe ur connection lose. hence some time measure sometime not measuring cosing the vibration.

try going at high speed, the vibration will cause the needle to swing from left to right. my friends' voltmeter all the same.

my connection is not lose, i've checked it already.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c349/pauche/rossivspauche.jpg

Originally posted by Pauche@Apr 5 2004, 02:20 PM

try going at high speed, the vibration will cause the needle to swing from left to right. my friends' voltmeter all the same.

strange...maybe that brand lousy lo.

Mine is okie leh.

Never shake one...very stable.

Originally posted by xiaogary@Apr 5 2004, 07:51 AM

Yah mine connection now also tap from headlight.

12v when switch on, light off, bike engine off.

13v when idling with light off, trottle a bit, max is 14v.

10v when idling with light on (not adviced, waste battery).

13v max when moving with light on.

Do ur gauge tend to fog a bit? I have already waterproof it but still fog a bit where the word VOLT is? Any idea where how to prevent fogging?

Bikes Owned: LC125 RXZ135 GSXR400RP CB400VS CB400Spec2 SV650 02CBRF4i FZ1000 CBR929 05YZF-R6 CBR150 HondaSonic125 Yamaha_CygnusX125 KymcoGrandink_250 Hornet_250 04_Yamaha_Tmax Silverwing 400 FZ6_S2 GSXR600K7

Current bikes: NIL

Gear 4th

http://45.media.tumblr.com/f183dbd75b05df79cf6f77dba98d7339/tumblr_o1sqbk4h8Z1s5rcozo1_400.gif

best is to tap it into the ignition..i did mine this way..anyway,analog needle doesnt move so much.i saw a digital one selling for 25 or 26 at sunshine plaza..nid to change the cigg charger to the normal wires onli..

may i noe does the sunshine plaza voltmeter comes with installation n bracket?? n how much does it cost thanks!!!!

:cheeky: :cheeky:

Another day... another death... another sorrow... Another breath.

Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is mystery. Today is a gift and thats why we call it the present!!

Originally posted by hachi@Apr 5 2004, 04:03 PM

Do ur gauge tend to fog a bit? I have already waterproof it but still fog a bit where the word VOLT is? Any idea where how to prevent fogging?

Dont have fog leh even during heavy rain still like normal.

Mine is half covered by sai tao and wind screen and is splash proof with bao xian zi. :D although ugly, but serve its purpose in protecting the voltmeter.

Originally posted by xiaogary@Apr 6 2004, 04:49 PM

Dont have fog leh even during heavy rain still like normal.

Mine is half covered by sai tao and wind screen and is splash proof with bao xian zi. :D although ugly, but serve its purpose in protecting the voltmeter.

hi hi did u brought ur voltmeter at sunshine plaza??

did they include bracket??

Another day... another death... another sorrow... Another breath.

Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is mystery. Today is a gift and thats why we call it the present!!

Originally posted by biocops@Apr 6 2004, 09:15 PM

hi hi did u brought ur voltmeter at sunshine plaza??

did they include bracket??

I bought at Seng motors at alexandra village HDB shops near the exit. $38.

Include a soft metal bracket, I never use, I made my own bracket, bcos the one given doesnt suit my saitao's screw position.

But if u want a black colour cup to go with it, pay 5 dollar to get it. Usually only cars need that black cup. Its just a simple black cup with a hole at the rear for the wires to come out. Not much use one.

the black colour cup?i'm using it..use 3m double sided tape to stick onto my saitao..works wonder..u can get it at 3 bucks from sunshine..

Originally posted by Pauche@Apr 5 2004, 02:20 PM

so far I used one year liao... still no sign of vibration sia... :confused:

Access to the photos Vypower collection,

Visit...

Here

Everytime u pump V-Power,

Remember MarVyPower!!!