SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

New Accessory for Cruisers

Strong Eagle

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by NormalAspirated@Oct 2 2006, 06:50 PM

Hey "Strong Eagle" thanks for sharing. :p

There are 02 things I see ... firstly, Singapore don't practise using this kind of hardwares and secondly, isn't whatever vehicle pulling it has a odometer ?

Good stuff anyway ... :thumb:

erm.... i believe that the ad is a spoof?

Read it again and you'll understand, if not there's always PM.

Actually, if it ad ain't a spoof, then it'll be alot funnier (and sadder) :D

Originally posted by NormalAspirated@Oct 3 2006, 01:51 PM

:confused: Please enlighten me ... I study http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c57/Daryous/EnglishForDummies.jpg

"Ever wish you could rack up the miles the way REAL riders do?"

Many HD owners in the US are known to tow their bikes around the country (to go to major bike events,etc) with bike trailers (like the one shown in the picture).

Basically they their will tow their bikes to the bike event, ride around for the few days they are there, then tow it back home. It is widely held that Real riders will scoff at this practice, as one should ride your own bike around and not have to tow it.

In fact this is supposed to be a long standing joke that HDs owners tow their bikes around rather than to ride them - i believe the word is "poser". I shall not speculate why it is they do this as, i don't live in America nor do i own a Harley. But it is a joke nonetheless.

So the ad is a spoof of the owners who do this. As the bike is on the trailer, the bike odo will not rack up the miles. Hence this "device" that will "trick" the bike's odo into racking up the miles from the trailer's wheels.

Like i said, it's probably a spoof, but if it ain't (and this device actually exists) its even sadder that pple will go to such extents to pose.

Let me be clear : The joke is that HD owners do this, but it doesn't mean that non-HD owners don't. Thats just who the joke is targeted at.

Hope it's clearer now.

Originally posted by NormalAspirated@Oct 3 2006, 09:35 PM

http://smilie-land.de/gen/index.php?action=generate&text=Ur%20Posting%20Make%20%22Strong%20Eagle%22%20Look%0D%0ASTUPID%20%21&smilienummer=vorlage1.png

Please explain, how so?

I believe SE knows full well that its a spoof ad. Just read his previous posts and you'll understand why.

Originally posted by NormalAspirated@Oct 3 2006, 09:35 PM

http://smilie-land.de/gen/index.php?action=generate&text=Ur%20Posting%20Make%20%22Strong%20Eagle%22%20Look%0D%0ASTUPID%20%21&smilienummer=vorlage1.png

It's a JOKE, son, a JOKE.

Steppenwolf has it right. There are a lot of Harley riders in the US that think a 100 mile trip is a "long way" and the bike goes on the trailer. So, this ad is a spoof, a pretend device.

There are also lots of Harley riders that do ride their machines.

Liked the 'special' touch on the "Trailer Boyz"

:lol:

Even the smallest spark can start a massive forest fire...

Quotable Quotes: If you ride a motorcycle often, you will be killed riding it. That much is as sure as night follows day. Your responsibility is to be vigilant and careful as to continue to push that eventuality so far forward that you die of old age first