SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Technical] Queries for TA200

sidek

Can. If wen not tuned well, the problems start to be more obvious wen d engine gets really hot

all these change in performance changed only after the day i rode out long with heavy traffic.. and it remains sustained like that..i nv touched my carb ever since i got the bike..if its a tuning issue what have went wrong and where can i go to? i went to my mechanic he say nothing wrong leh -_- yet now i actually have to kick down to gear 5 when i do corners on expyway so its really awkward..

operate a vehicle in a way that you benefit other road users pls - and meanwhile, stop whining! be responsible and be safe.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi guys,

I'm new here. Just bought my Beloved Phantom a few days back.

However, when i was cruising at 80/90Km the engine seems to be very noisy, got the rattling sound and keep vibrating, got the 'dragging' gear feeling. Any idea what's the problem? i asked the mechanic at the SPC station at pasir ris there he told me needa change clutch plate for $85.

hi projectyc - is the rattling due to high revving of your engine? the mechanic might be right if your clutch plates are worn..

operate a vehicle in a way that you benefit other road users pls - and meanwhile, stop whining! be responsible and be safe.

hi projectyc - is the rattling due to high revving of your engine? the mechanic might be right if your clutch plates are worn..

ya, it feels like high revving of engine. went to another bike shop and he told me clutch plate might be one of the problem. he also say he will change some arms etc. (not quite sure what he's talking about) but needa pay $150.

any recommandtion?

ya, it feels like high revving of engine. went to another bike shop and he told me clutch plate might be one of the problem. he also say he will change some arms etc. (not quite sure what he's talking about) but needa pay $150.

any recommandtion?

errr change what arms for what reason? i can only think of swing arm..

better ask specific details or else kena carrot.. clutch plate replacement usually around 80$ one..

icic, okay i'll ask him again. i think he mention some engine mechanic arm etc.. thank you sawfly!

no problem! nvr heard of engine mechanic arm in a ta200 though..

=p. maybe its i heard wrong, i saw forum got good review on Ah chong from planet, do u think its advisable to go there let him check out whats the problem?

u could go there, a lot of ppl recommend actually, just that they quite busy so u gotta go early when they open 930am.. btw they dont open on sundays!

Champion lei ur mech. Hvnt open up knw its d rocker arm. Rattling sound can come from many parts. And usually its the cam chain tensioner.

A ride a day, keeps the doctor away!

:thumb:

2010-2012 : Honda Phantom TA200

2012-current : SYM Maxsym 400i

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/adiknaim

SG Maxsym FB Group: http://www.facebook.com/groups/sgmaxsym/

Hmmm,he suggest ba. Not too sure thou. The vibration at 100km makes my hand very tired..

Dont grip so tight! If he suggest dun confirm with him u wan to change the arm till he open the cover and show you like that better. .

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Dont grip so tight! If he suggest dun confirm with him u wan to change the arm till he open the cover and show you like that better. .

ok sawfly, noted with thanks, pumped caltex today and it feels more smooth. haven try trvelling at 110 yet.

anyway my top speed about 110+- very hard go up to 120km

First thing you should do when getting a new bike is

New spark plugs

New oil according to manufacturer recomendation of a renowned brand.

Air filter

Check your tyre pressure.

If got problems after that then its abit more complicated :)

Here is the ta200 manual download

http://www.motorcycle.in.th/filemgmt/index.php?id=23

Edited by Hydher

Dragstar 400 classic & Zx6r

:) just trying its top speed. went to pumped caltex ytd and i managed to get 120 today.

eh caltex is what petrol leh? i think top speed maybe can attain but if clutch problem den it will take long time to pick up..

First thing you should do when getting a new bike is

New spark plugs

New oil according to manufacturer recomendation of a renowned brand.

Air filter

Check your tyre pressure.

If got problems after that then its abit more complicated :)

Here is the ta200 manual download

http://www.motorcycle.in.th/filemgmt/index.php?id=23

agree..basic svcing incl the brakes as well.. u never know if u got a not so healthy iron horse..

anyway just confirm, the spark plug wrench should be a size 16 right? my size 16 socket is too small for my current spark plug to check if its fouling.. looks like a size 18 but dun hv the socket though..

Hi guys,

i've 3 questions on my mind not sure if anyone can answer:

1. Recently i've removed my spark plug to check to see what was the problem behind losing power, and i found that the one corner of the spark plug insulator was burnt off and some of the white stuff even got on the bent part of the electrode.

burnt spark plug.jpg

can someone comment on whether is due to an over lean condition or improper gapping of my spark plug before installation?

2. which is the air fuel mixture screw i should adjust below, A or B?

i've been trying to adjust screw A to adjust my carb.

carb screw.jpg

3. i've been adjusting screw A (as referenced above in question 2) and it decreases in idling when i turn it clockwise and increases in idling when i turn it anticlockwise, either way from the original setting.

does this original setting means that it was too lean or too rich? if it was too rich, does the damage on spark plug make sense?

thanks in advance for giving your opinions on this!!

:) just trying its top speed. went to pumped caltex ytd and i managed to get 120 today.

I dont recommend going above 110, unless your phantom is in tip top condition, whenever i reach 110, it feels like my bike is screaming.

I might give caltex a try, but spc95 has been giving me FC of 42/L

thats good, my most recent encounter with caltex 95 is only 22.5km per lit. i also reduced my travelling speed to 100km+-, donno if its due i been riding in the rain and so fuel consumptions goes up..

Pumped esso 5000 ytd and so now monitering.

I dont recommend going above 110, unless your phantom is in tip top condition, whenever i reach 110, it feels like my bike is screaming.

I might give caltex a try, but spc95 has been giving me FC of 42/L

Hi does anyone has an answer to my previous post below?

Hi guys,

i've 3 questions on my mind not sure if anyone can answer:

1. Recently i've removed my spark plug to check to see what was the problem behind losing power, and i found that the one corner of the spark plug insulator was burnt off and some of the white stuff even got on the bent part of the electrode.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]268510[/ATTACH]

can someone comment on whether is due to an over lean condition or improper gapping of my spark plug before installation?

2. which is the air fuel mixture screw i should adjust below, A or B?

i've been trying to adjust screw A to adjust my carb.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]268511[/ATTACH]

3. i've been adjusting screw A (as referenced above in question 2) and it decreases in idling when i turn it clockwise and increases in idling when i turn it anticlockwise, either way from the original setting.

does this original setting means that it was too lean or too rich? if it was too rich, does the damage on spark plug make sense?

thanks in advance for giving your opinions on this!!

thats good, my most recent encounter with caltex 95 is only 22.5km per lit. i also reduced my travelling speed to 100km+-, donno if its due i been riding in the rain and so fuel consumptions goes up..

Pumped esso 5000 ytd and so now monitering.

bro just to let u know yr FC is still quite terrible and if its really a clutch issue u may want to look into it soon.. the debris from your worn plate may go up to other parts of the engine such as the piston and worn plates can also cause overheating.. may result in engine damage over time..

thanks bro, ill get it fix asap.

btw kinda curious how does a cluth plate looks like? haha. where does it reside in the engine?

bro just to let u know yr FC is still quite terrible and if its really a clutch issue u may want to look into it soon.. the debris from your worn plate may go up to other parts of the engine such as the piston and worn plates can also cause overheating.. may result in engine damage over time..