SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Yamaha TZR 125 Riders

SiegFried

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New stuffs added...

consolidate my stuff...

have the below mentioned for sale...

1) tZr250 One-seater (needs respray to ur bike colour & mold to fit swee swee)

2) RARE SDR engine cover,plug&play for tZr (needs rechrome or respray)

3) 2 Spare tZr blocks kosong(should be 0.5 or 0.75 size)~~~$80 Each

4) Few piece tZr block head (can take go skim for higher comp)~~~$15 Each

5) Original tZr head fairing (gd condition)~~~$55

6) Original tZr right hand side engine cover (gd condition,no leak/crack)(for ppl wanna chrome or respray)~~~$55

7) 2 Original tZr right hand side 2T pump cover (needs respray)~~~$15 Each

8) Chromed pillion handle ~~~$20

9) Chromed Original Handle Bars~~~$40 a set

10) Original tZr seats(2 on hand)needs rewrap~~~$20 Each

11) Original tZr front top clamp(for clamping the fork together,needs respray or rechrome)~~~$55

12) Original tZr plastic left hand side engine cover (Few pieces)~~~$15 Each

13) Givi E16 Smile Box (only the box)8/10

14) Original tZr NEW exhaust(YES ITS BRAND NEW,NO CARBON)

15) may wanna sell, fuel tank, 2 sides board, tailboard, rxz head fairing,front mudguard...selling as a set...same colour...(cause got another set in store)

will update if theres more...lolz

PRICE IS FIRM but some is NEG...

buy more items price will be diff...

as usual,LOW BALLERS WILL BE IGNORED...

Interested PM me...

Right now the bike has a very high revving nature. Bikeshop says the cylinder block's been ported, no choice. True, when i bought the block it has its exhaust port bored out to a humongous size about 3-4mm bigger in diameter. What this translates into is real power from 8k RPM onwards to eternalty.

Riding it this couple of weeks has been very tiring, esp in heavy traffic. I have to baby the throttle to save fuel, wait till 5-6kRpm into the powerband den shift, keep it in the band or bog down. On the other hand if i just open the throttle and rev the bollocks out of it, it is stupendously fast... But my pocket bleeds like nobody's business. The consumption if i ride this way is akin to my friend's ninja 636.

But HEY PRESTO! One fine day, yesterday, I was so fed up that i decided to close the valve. I removed the tank and turn on the key, PV will do its check, Whilst it turned to the close position I turned off the key immediately. Then i unplugged the servo plug. PV in permanent close.

Put everything back and Test. Bike suddenly becomes so quiet that the induction roar is louder! Previously its those so loud your neighbours will hate you. The response and pick up is so good and silent! But the trade off is it will flat out at about 6kRpm onwards.

Sounds like a compromise...

Scooter Tuning Is Not A Crime.

But HEY PRESTO! One fine day, yesterday, I was so fed up that i decided to close the valve. I removed the tank and turn on the key, PV will do its check, Whilst it turned to the close position I turned off the key immediately. Then i unplugged the servo plug. PV in permanent close.

Put everything back and Test. Bike suddenly becomes so quiet that the induction roar is louder! Previously its those so loud your neighbours will hate you. The response and pick up is so good and silent! But the trade off is it will flat out at about 6kRpm onwards.

Sounds like a compromise...

its no gd for ur block...be careful...

I did some research on the net. Seems like the porting has changed the breathing nature of the whole motor altogether. The powervalve operation does not sync with the characteristics of the bike anymore. :(

Seems like such a waste when it runs so brilliantly quiet and pulls/responds so quickly in the low revs with the valve closed. And when the valve opens, its loud and feels like somebody just kicked you in the butt to propel you forward.

Hard to have your pie and eat it. At least that's what the mechanic is trying to illustrate/point out.

So on to more research on the net. One solution was Zeeltronics PV controller. Basically it is a programmable box that lets you program when does the valve starts/stop opening, how fast, and expotentially. Looks like the ultimate solution as the motor now needs the PV to open later, hold it closed up to 5kRPM where it can enjoy its quiet pull and start opening from 5-6kRPM smoothly and then quickly from 7 to redline to unleash the beast in it.

So what's holding me back? It costs a bomb, few hundred bucks.

Then i found another solution, A different pulley profile. Like some fast throttles, snail cams are used. They grow in diameter while turning. So this might provide the expotential valve opening i might be after. It will also need a pulley to be one off machined out of aluminium. But it should cost less than 3-400 bucks that the zeeltronics cost. Gonna find out where can i do it.

But i also thought of a simplest solution. By hooking up the pv cable to a choke mounted on the left handlebar controls. So it will be like having a choke lever on kup kias but only thing it's to control the PV.

One side of the cable will be linked to this choke lever, whilst the other side will be retrofitted with a spring return. So when i tug at the lever it will open the valve, when i close it the return spring will pull it back into closed position.. Brilliant idea?!

So i can open the valve at my will, quiet and low revs in town, louder and higher revs on the highway.. Probably will be good if one get stopped at the road block, make the bike quiet as a mouse..

Gonna goto the shop to try this mod first.. ;)

its no gd for ur block...be careful...

I dont think it might be a problem. Foreign countries that also have tzr have them restricted in the first place. They do not have a PV servo and controller. The valve is pegged in the closed postion to give it 16ish hp. But most ppl pegged it open to give more power(26hp) at the expense of sluggish low end. PV activated gives best of both worlds.

Anything else, with the pv closed it will only reduce its volumetric efficiency at hi revs hence the flat power.

As mixture is not being leaned i dont suppose it can pose any harmful effect. On the other hand if restricted then derestricted must jet up for the increased airflow through the carb which makes it lean if left untouched. Our bikes already jetted for the valve to open so no problem..

since the bike has so much power try sprocket size front 14(original size) rear 38 at 6k rpm it should reach 110km/h. That should be able to tame down on that power. If it doesn't help then change front sprocket size to 16 rear 40.

http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/904/ouroborossigcopyzr7.jpg

http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/9746/6sz78xmg3ww1.gif