SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Group] 2B Riding Mates

nabil15

3rd April 2010

Night Ride @ Singapore (since people always talking Malaysia and overseas these days)

Time: 9.30pm

Venue to Meet: Esso Station after Eng Neo Ave

260 Dunearn Road

Ride around beautiful misty roads

Going:

1. nabil15

Anyone up for a ride tonight?

Can sms me 96455120 guys

Hey am new to riding. Thought if we could support and meet up, and go for outings, we would get to know more biker friends and also have a more enjoyable experience when riding and also to share about our riding experiences and encounters.

So please do keep the suggestions coming in about outings or hangout sessions you guys can think of.

Please do support this thread :)

Edited by nabil15

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rounding and Dinner Chill-out Session

Date: 18th July 2009

Day: Saturday Night

Time to meet: 6pm

Place to meet : Feel free to decide or suggest

Please do come and support and suggest and hopefully this outing would be a success

Hello nabil15.

I am relatively new too. Just got my license in march 09. Already done 2 trips to Malaysia with Encik Pat's group, but had to stop riding due to running accident (fell down while running and fractured my left hand). Now just started riding again.

Would love to form a 2B bikers group for newbies like us. I am also looking for kakis to go GP pump petrol and even go makan at Bukit Indah sometimes. Hard to get the experienced riders to go for destinations that are nearby (like Bukit Indah) cos they have already been there like a hundred times, so not interesting for them, but for a newbie like me, its new and exciting and I would like to go explore those areas nearby before venturing further north, so If you are doing that you can count me in bro.

History

25th March 2009 - Passed 2B

1st April 2009 - Bought 1st bike, a 2nd hand TA200 Honda Phantom cruiser (Still riding it)

6th Aug 2009 - Bought a used but overhauled Suzuki DR200se scrambler (Scrapped in 2010)

Btw what bike you riding? Me riding a phantom TA200 with FX plate. Thinking of upgrading it to a scrambler after I sell off my phantom cos I wanna do more off road. As for meet up, I staying in town area. What about you? Sometimes I join Encik Pat's group at Toa Payoh Botak Jones, but sometimes hard to keep up with their conversation cos they have been riding for donkey years whereas I am new to riding and not even familiar with most of the roads in Singapore yet. (Need to equip my bike with a GPS eventually one day).

History

1st April 2009 - Bought 1st bike, a 2nd hand TA200 Honda Phantom cruiser (Still riding it)

6th Aug 2009 - Bought a used but overhauled Suzuki DR200se scrambler (Scrapped in 2010)

Already been to Sungei Selai and back bro. Next month going to Thailand even. Vidak already proven it can be done. You can't keep a good newbie down man!

History

Hello nabil15.

I am relatively new too. Just got my license in march 09. Already done 2 trips to Malaysia with Encik Pat's group, but had to stop riding due to running accident (fell down while running and fractured my left hand). Now just started riding again.

Would love to form a 2B bikers group for newbies like us. I am also looking for kakis to go GP pump petrol and even go makan at Bukit Indah sometimes. Hard to get the experienced riders to go for destinations that are nearby (like Bukit Indah) cos they have already been there like a hundred times, so not interesting for them, but for a newbie like me, its new and exciting and I would like to go explore those areas nearby before venturing further north, so If you are doing that you can count me in bro.

That's great too hear. I am newer, in fact just passed TP on may. I haven't actually taken my bike to Malaysia yet though, would wanna make a few friends first before going up there. I just recently came to know about Encik Pat's outings and trips actually, and this Thursday I believe there is a dinner session at Botak Jones. I would be going for it.

Yeah sure thing man, it would be nice if more 2B newbies can join this thread and support and hopefully we can organise our own sort of outings starting from the smaller road-trips first.

Btw what bike you riding? Me riding a phantom TA200 with FX plate. Thinking of upgrading it to a scrambler after I sell off my phantom cos I wanna do more off road. As for meet up, I staying in town area. What about you? Sometimes I join Encik Pat's group at Toa Payoh Botak Jones, but sometimes hard to keep up with their conversation cos they have been riding for donkey years whereas I am new to riding and not even familiar with most of the roads in Singapore yet. (Need to equip my bike with a GPS eventually one day).

I am riding a Honda CBR 150. Yeah I live near Bukit Timah actually, so it's near town. You can take my number down; 96455120. My name is Nabil.

Are you going come down this Thursday for the Botak Jones Dinner Session? If you do we can talk more too, and hopefully plan for an outing somewhere soon. Hopefully more people would support the thread too, and come for the outings.

touring for 2B? prepare for a numb buttock. :cheeky:

It would be nice to go as a group, maybe this 18th July we can meet up for a chill out session for the 2B newbies.

Any suggestions of where to tour round singapore, not so equip with the roads too.

If we are going to make it a success, we will need to do a few things. 1) Video the trip. 2)Edit and put up video for everyone to see once we get back. Are you good with taking video? I am thinking of buying a small video cam for recording the trips. Are you able to help with video editing?

History

Already been to Sungei Selai and back bro. Next month going to Thailand even. Vidak already proven it can be done. You can't keep a good newbie down man!

Wow!! Thailand, that's really going be a really long longgg road-trip and sure a fun one.

What other trips, nearer then Thailand coming up? Maybe I may care to join

If we are going to make it a success, we will need to do a few things. 1) Video the trip. 2)Edit and put up video for everyone to see once we get back. Are you good with taking video? I am thinking of buying a small video cam for recording the trips. Are you able to help with video editing?

That's true, and it's what Encik Pat's group does too right.

Video editing is fine with me.

How are we going to record the trip, or part of the trip?

But I am not familiar very much with the roads and navigations around Malaysia. Maybe if we ask Encik Pat to bring us around and show us the places, or you said you're been there too right?

I am riding a Honda CBR 150. Yeah I live near Bukit Timah actually, so it's near town. You can take my number down; 96455120. My name is Nabil.

Are you going come down this Thursday for the Botak Jones Dinner Session? If you do we can talk more too, and hopefully plan for an outing somewhere soon. Hopefully more people would support the thread too, and come for the outings.

Yes I am going to be there at Botak Jones Dinner too. See you there. We can discuss our first trip over dinner.

History

Yes I am going to be there at Botak Jones Dinner too. See you there. We can discuss our first trip over dinner.

Sure thing, that would be good.

See you then

That's true, and it's what Encik Pat's group does too right.

Video editing is fine with me.

How are we going to record the trip, or part of the trip?

But I am not familiar very much with the roads and navigations around Malaysia. Maybe if we ask Encik Pat to bring us around and show us the places, or you said you're been there too right?

Yes but they don't organise trips to nearby places like Bukit Indah. They go for places that are at least a few hundred km away like Malacca or Sungai Selai etc. No short short trips to nearby places unless we follow like dreamwalk or Huairen who sometimes might suddenly announce they are going in to GP pump petrol. But Huairen now out of action cos he kenna bike accident on his last trip and fractured his thigh.

Another thing is the experienced rider ride very fast. In order to keep up you have to be able to go up to 120km/hr on the straight stretches and 80km/hr on others otherwise you might go Holland (Lost).

I was kinda thinking of taking slower rides to nearby places to enjoy the ride and also to get more riding experience before stepping on the gas. Riding at high speeds on the North South Highway for newbies like us is dangerous. Must learn to walk first before we start to run, right? Take our time to explore the places on journeys of discovery instead of speeding up to far destinations at break neck speed. Easy for the experienced riders, but scary for us newbies. I kenna heavy rain on my first trip (A&W + Go Karts). Good learning experience but dangerous as road was very slippery. Second trip went to Sungai Selai, kenna a few small accidents cos mostly rough off road and I was carrying a pillion (bad idea for newbie to carry pillion on rough off road trails) and I broke both my mirrors but personally unhurt. My pillion however was not so lucky. So I also learned. Now, I have decided that I will ride slower to gain more experience first. Slower = Safer. Sorry for the long post.

History

I also riding 2b bike. If going bukit indah or gp jio me I'm up

Yeha sure man. Me and dancingbiker, planning to organise small outings and activities for 2B newbies. Can meet top up fuel at GP, go supper all.

You want come this Thursday, 8pm, Toa Payor Botak Jones...we meeting with Encik Pat and his friends.

hi im also a newbie riding a 2B bike.

can i joint this thread?

Nice to know all of you =)

You are more then welcome, pls do so we all can have more comers for our outings and activities.

Walao Dreamwalk so experienced already class 2 say new rider. But I don't mind joining you on your upcoming short trip going in to pump petrol. When is the time and place?

History

Yes but they don't organise trips to nearby places like Bukit Indah. They go for places that are at least a few hundred km away like Malacca or Sungai Selai etc. No short short trips to nearby places unless we follow like dreamwalk or Huairen who sometimes might suddenly announce they are going in to GP pump petrol. But Huairen now out of action cos he kenna bike accident on his last trip and fractured his thigh.

Another thing is the experienced rider ride very fast. In order to keep up you have to be able to go up to 120km/hr on the straight stretches and 80km/hr on others otherwise you might go Holland (Lost).

I was kinda thinking of taking slower rides to nearby places to enjoy the ride and also to get more riding experience before stepping on the gas. Riding at high speeds on the North South Highway for newbies like us is dangerous. Must learn to walk first before we start to run, right? Take our time to explore the places on journeys of discovery instead of speeding up to far destinations at break neck speed. Easy for the experienced riders, but scary for us newbies. I kenna heavy rain on my first trip (A&W + Go Karts). Good learning experience but dangerous as road was very slippery. Second trip went to Sungai Selai, kenna a few small accidents cos mostly rough off road and I was carrying a pillion (bad idea for newbie to carry pillion on rough off road trails) and I broke both my mirrors but personally unhurt. My pillion however was not so lucky. So I also learned. Now, I have decided that I will ride slower to gain more experience first. Slower = Safer. Sorry for the long post.

That's really fine for me, and I'm sure every newbie too would agree safety and experience first. It's good to build up the experience before stepping on the gas. Yeah slower rides to shorter distance places would be a greta idea for us newbies.

And hopefully, this thread - 2B newbie outings, would cater for it and it would be a chnace for us to learn, share our experiences and yet have a great time riding :)

to all newbies ... is good to know tat you guys are interest in trip too ...

but one thing ... are you guys prepare .... in and even ... some thing happen

wat you going to do ....... bike spoil in the .... who to call (dont call me please)

how much it cost to get it back ... wat document needed to bring it back

we do organize short trip too ... supper at bukit indah ... kulai ....

gelang patah .... or desaru .... and you dont have to ride at 120km

just to catch up ..... ride at wat you are good at .....

going to thailand ... newbies did it before .... they are lucky enough

i saw many old bird .... so much experience ... and thing happen to them

why .... over confident ..... just like you guys now are thinking ....

i may not be correct .. but i sure would not like to see some thing happen

to anyone ... go slow .. learn more .... make sure ... be safe

EnJoY ridding ..... not endanger ....

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/580886_3903222993432_1440829392_n.jpg

Walao Dreamwalk so experienced already class 2 say new rider. But I don't mind joining you on your upcoming short trip going in to pump petrol. When is the time and place?

Im a newbie.. really... my riding speed only 80km/h

My supper/TCSS/petrol runs are quite impromtu.

usually friday nights. u need to follow the threads.

learning to be a better rider.